Killer Parties

I was just completely blown away.
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

red

Arms and Hearts AND Resurrection; I'm extremely jealous.  Glad you enjoyed it!!!

red

I just found this sweet video of 'Killer Parties' from the show I was at back in October of last year.   Last show of the night, last night of the tour, what a drunken mess.  Just perfect.

http://media.toomuchrock.com/2006_band_photos/holdsteady_20061030/holdsteady.mp4

MarkW

Rinsing last song.  Very nice.

BTW, that crowd was proper drunk!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

A FEW NEW DATES

8.4.07 Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
8.5.07 Covington, KY Madison Theater
8.6.07 Toronto, ON Opera House
8.7.07 Montreal, PQ La Sala Rosa
8.9.07 Brooklyn, NY Prospect Park Band Shell

I'm so thinking about hitting up the Toronto and Montreal shows if I can get a cheap flight and a few days off work.

Jaimoe

Thanks red. I'm going to go to the Toronto show and so are some of my friends.

red

I just purchased tickets for the Toronto and Montreal shows.   ;D  I'm postponing heading abroad until sometime early next year (was going to be September) in exchange for two nights of what's sure to be Hold Steady greatness.

.Walt

QuoteI just purchased tickets for the Toronto and Montreal shows.   ;D  I'm postponing heading abroad until sometime early next year (was going to be September) in exchange for two nights of what's sure to be Hold Steady greatness.

how far is montreal from you? thats gotta be far, no?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

Quotehow far is montreal from you? thats gotta be far, no?
Just shy of 2000 miles.   ;D

.Walt

Quotehow far is montreal from you? thats gotta be far, no?
Just shy of 2000 miles.   ;D

do you go there often?

red

I've never been.  I'll probably end up getting myself lost due to the French factor.  I was in Toronto this past winter, but I only spend like 4 hours there.

.Walt

i was going to say, do you know french? or can you get around on just english?  sorry stupid questions

red

Quotei was going to say, do you know french? or can you get around on just english?  sorry stupid questions
I used to know some French, but not nearly enough to get around on (nor do I remember any of it).  I was told I'll be able to get around for the most part, so hopefully that's true.  I'm sure I'll run into some sit-com worthy moments.

.Walt

you should have gone to lollapalooza. the hold steady and mmj are going to be there. plus you don't need to learn a second language , and i'm going...hopefully.

Jaimoe

Quotei was going to say, do you know french? or can you get around on just english?  sorry stupid questions
I used to know some French, but not nearly enough to get around on (nor do I remember any of it).  I was told I'll be able to get around for the most part, so hopefully that's true.  I'm sure I'll run into some sit-com worthy moments.

Trust me red, Canadians and even you hicks in Saskatchewan  ;) are conditioned to at least, be comfortable around French. You'll be able to understand most of the signs and some of the language. Make sure you attempt a few French greetings - people are a lot more receptive if you give French an effort (I found that the case in France too). Also, Montreal is bilingual anyway (at least most of the French are) and half the city is English-first (for you foreigners, that's 1 million plus Anglophones).

I doubt I'll run into you at The Opera House in Toronto, but the venue is pretty decent at times. It's the same venue MMJ played in 2003 - their recording is on archive.org and is one of the band's best sounding bootlegs. I was at that show and it ranks in my Top 10 ever.

MarkW

This one's probably for only for completists (and db  ;) ) - THS mash-up with the three-6 Mafia here:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/17345471f04cf9/

Fresh!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

EC

hm.
tad could use a little lesson in respect for guitars. ;)

red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm4hqZuKr_g

That opening speech from Craig gives me chills.  

bowl of soup

Interesting review with MMJ reference:

http://outsideleft.com/main.php?updateID=696

It's nice to see the very underrated Minneapolis music scene once again produce greatness.  It's also nice to see the homage to the Replacements and Husker Du in other interviews.  This was the first real "scene" that I was ever conscious of.  Husker Du saved my life and they don't get enough love these days.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.