Favorite Rolling Stone Albums

Started by aMD, Jul 02, 2007, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

what are your top 3 or more Stones albums?

I've been getting into a real stones kick and am making the jump from greatest hits collections to individual albums.  so far i've checked out sticky fingers and exile on main street, wondering where to go next.

The DARK

My top 3:

1. Let It Bleed
2. Sticky Fingers
3. Beggars Banquet

Go for Let It Bleed next, then Beggars Banquet.
In another time, in another place, in another face

mjkoehler

Quotewhat are your top 3 or more Stones albums?

I've been getting into a real stones kick and am making the jump from greatest hits collections to individual albums.  so far i've checked out sticky fingers and exile on main street, wondering where to go next.

Good Choices, especially Exile (just brilliant). I will not mention the 2 you chose as they would in mine.

Let It Bleed
Beggers
Aftermath

Jaimoe

Sticky Fingers
Beggars Banquet
Exile on Main Street
Let It Bleed
Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

megisnotreal

Go for Let It Bleed next

i second this emotion

The Big Come Up

My Top 3

Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main Street
Beggars Banquet

for me, Sticky and Exile are about tied for 1st. Both are unbelieveably good. Exile flows a little better, but the highs on sticky fingers come often and are unbelieveable. Brown Suuuugar!

BH

Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Steet
Some Girls
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Chills

QuoteSticky Fingers
Beggars Banquet
Exile on Main Street
Let It Bleed
Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Yeah, when it comes to The Stones, everyone comes up with a very similar list I guess.

JohnnyRage

Sorry, can't do 3...

Beggar's Banquet
Sticky Fingers
Let it Bleed
Get Yer Ya Yas Out - remastered version only!
Out of Our Heads

Also check out the Rock n Roll Circus DVD,

and Their Satanic Majestie's Request has arguably their best song...2000 Man.
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

TEO

Let it Bleed. We damn near wore that record out when it was first released!   ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

hudrebel

sticky fingers, let it bleed, exile

dragonboy

Like most people I'm going to go with Sticky Fingers, Exile, Beggars Banquet & Let It Bleed. I'm going to give Tattoo You a shout out too because no one else has mentioned it & it's on of my favs.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

The DARK

Lets not forget about Some Girls here (kudos to BH for mentioning it). Just bc it's "different" doesn't mean it's any less brilliant.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Jaimoe

QuoteLets not forget about Some Girls here (kudos to BH for mentioning it). Just bc it's "different" doesn't mean it's any less brilliant.  :)

It's the only great Stones album with Ron Wood, unfortunately. Two of the best Stones country tunes are on Some Girls too.

aMD

thanks for the suggestions guys! I've been stuck on Exile on Main Street but will definitely be checking out some of these others soon.

mjkoehler

QuoteIt's the only great Stones album with Ron Wood, unfortunately. Two of the best Stones country tunes are on Some Girls too.

Here is a snippet of a converstation between Ron Wood and Kieth Richards.

Keith: Hunhhh huhu huh nnnn huh, right!
Ron: huh, nnnnn huh huhuh, RIGHT! Heroine? right!

Jaimoe

Quotethanks for the suggestions guys! I've been stuck on Exile on Main Street but will definitely be checking out some of these others soon.

Buy the other CD's cold. They are some of the best rock albums ever made bar-none.

aMD

Quotethanks for the suggestions guys! I've been stuck on Exile on Main Street but will definitely be checking out some of these others soon.

Buy the other CD's cold. They are some of the best rock albums ever made bar-none.

I've got Let it Bleed, Beggar's Banquet, and Get Yer Ya Yas Out lined up and ready to fire. I've just have to muster the will to press eject on Exile on Main Street.

supernova9

I've gotten a Japanese master of Exile through trade at one of my local record stores, and it completely blows away the Virgin remaster.  It's called "Main St. Revisited," and I highly reccomend looking into it.  I also got ahold of an "alternate" Beggars Banquet that's a real gem.

dragonboy

Alt version of Brown Sugar with EC on guitar:
http://www.yousendit.com/download/OGhjeUNBUzgzS28wTVE9PQ

Thought some peeps might enjoy this  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.