Allman Brothers with Clapton last night....

Started by bold99, Mar 20, 2009, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

wow...I need to hear this ASAP.

w/ Guests: Danny Louis, Susan Tedeschi.....& oh yeah, E.C. was there 1. Little Martha 2. Statesboro Blues 3. Noodlin' Boogie Intro >Done Somebody Wrong 4. Revival 5. Woman Across The River 6. Don't Keep Me Wonderin' 7. Whipping Post Intermission 8. Oncoming Traffic (Gregg solo on piano) 9. Come And Go Blues 10. Good Morning Little School Girl w/ Danny Louis, piano 11. Key To The Highway w/ E.C., guitar & vocals 12. Dreams w/ E.C., guitar 13. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad w/ E.C., guitar & vocals 14. Little Wing w/E.C., guitar & vocals 15. Anyday w/guitar & vocals; Susan Tedeschi, vocals Encore: 16 Layla w/E.C., guitar & vocals; Danny Louis, piano
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Penny Lane

i was trying to look for a ticket for tonight but they are up to $400/500 ; what a setlist
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jaimoe

I have mixed feelings about the Allmans and friends Beacon shows. I love that the Brothers are getting interesting guests, but they never can replace Dickey. If he walked on stage and sat in for a set or two, nothing would top it. You can't replace an original with great substitutes.  

On an aside, the best performace - at least on paper since I wasn't there - was when members of Cowboy joined in and played their classic "Please Be With Me." If you know your Allman Brothers history, then you'll know that Duane played on the songs - two versions, one released only on Duane Allman Anthology Vol. I. "Please Be With Me" at the Beacon was the first time the Allmans ever played the tune and for me, the song is one of the most beautiful folk-country ballads ever written (specifically the unreleased acoustic version on Duane Vol. I).

Here is the unreleased original acoustic version featuring Duane doing some of his best slide work. Ignore the silly video slide show and crank the music track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaDPx6mWwp0

ycartrob

On an aside, the best performace - at least on paper since I wasn't there - was when members of Cowboy joined in and played their classic "Please Be With Me." If you know your Allman Brothers history, then you'll know that Duane played on the songs - two versions, one released only on Duane Allman Anthology Vol. I. "Please Be With Me" at the Beacon was the first time the Allmans ever played the tune and for me, the song is one of the most beautiful folk-country ballads ever written (specifically the unreleased acoustic version on Duane Vol. I).

Here is the unreleased original acoustic version featuring Duane doing some of his best slide work. Ignore the silly video slide show and crank the music track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaDPx6mWwp0

right on

tower

thanks for all those...very nice indeed.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

searchinbig

I just finished listening to this show. It's f@#$ing amazing.

Anyway, found this pic and thought y'all might like it.

:)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

bold99

QuoteI just finished listening to this show. It's f@#$ing amazing.

Anyway, found this pic and thought y'all might like it.

Me too...great show.  Billy Gibbons from ZZ top played last night and Warren and Derek wore beards..awesome.
                                             :)

searchinbig

Yes..I heard about BG. If you look in the pic I posted above I think thats BG sitting on stage slightly to the right and above EC.
I hope they were video taping these.

Vadie Stark

All this Allman bros EC BG talk makes me not want to pass up the Allmans  out here in Oakland at the newly made over and opened Fox theatre May 12 and 13
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

pawpaw

QuoteAll this Allman bros EC BG talk makes me not want to pass up the Allmans  out here in Oakland at the newly made over and opened Fox theatre May 12 and 13

I KNOW! I'd be just as excited to see the Allmans as I would be to see the reborn Fox! That stretch of Telegraph through Oakland has been dying for restoration for a long time, and that theatre is a great first step. Mid-week shows down in the Bay Area aren't happening these days though  ;D  

Have you ever been to the Paramount Theatre ET? That place is spectacular. :o If Oaksterdam can ever gain some legitimacy, downtown Oakland would be rockin'!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bold99

what sucks is a regular show is going to seem like a letdown after this run but an Allman's show is always a good time either way.  I plan on seeing them at some point.

Vadie Stark

QuoteAll this Allman bros EC BG talk makes me not want to pass up the Allmans  out here in Oakland at the newly made over and opened Fox theatre May 12 and 13

I KNOW! I'd be just as excited to see the Allmans as I would be to see the reborn Fox! That stretch of Telegraph through Oakland has been dying for restoration for a long time, and that theatre is a great first step. Mid-week shows down in the Bay Area aren't happening these days though  ;D  

Have you ever been to the Paramount Theatre ET? That place is spectacular. :o If Oaksterdam can ever gain some legitimacy, downtown Oakland would be rockin'!

I hear you about the Fox I love those old places.
Here's the link lot of good shows booked: http://thefoxoakland.com/
Never have been to Oakland's Paramount.. or Oaksterdam
Those weeknight bay area shows are kind of a bitch sometimes
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.