Main Menu

Video?

Started by johnconaway, Aug 29, 2003, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Questions...

Do you all think there will be a video of one of the songs from the new album?  Which song do you think it will be?

What do you think the video would look like?  

I've been watching MTV2 and wondering what an MMJ video would be like...maybe shot in black and white?  

Thoughts?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

otter

I hope they do John. Although, you would think that by now someone would have heard about it...I can see Dancefloors or One Big Holiday being the choices, although maybe Magheeta or Golden. As good as these songs are, I hope they do all four.

lfish

I don't think there will be a video. And this for a simple reason.  Like we all know, mmj music isn't easy-listening music(thank god for that) and channels like mtv, jimtv(belgium music channel) won't broadcast that kind of music.  Another reason is that making a video costs a lot of money. So if you know that it will hardly be played or not be played at all and it costs a lot of money, then you should ask yourself the question, is it worth doing it???? If they would make one and if mtv or another channel would broadcast it, they won't broadcast it in primetime but somewhere late in the evening, because the kids don't want to hear mmj while doing homework but they want to see and hear the new clip of limp f$$k$$n bizkit.  Though, It would be great for the fans. So to answer your question, I would go for magheeta. A black & white vintage clip with jim sitting on the dock of the bay, looking at sunset with a bottle of wine next to him and the band backing him up somewhere on a deserted beach. And with every verse jim has to swim over to reach the microphone on time. But because, at the end of the song, he drank to much wine, he can't make it to the last verse and he drawns. But he's not dead, he's just entering the underwaterworld where his voice sounds even sweeter amongst all the fish.  
Sorry, just letting thoughts loose.
lfish

Oz

Sounds truly wicked, Ifish..  :)

I don't know if there'll be a video, cuz on one hand, yeah, it probably won't really get played, but on the other hand, there are plenty of bands, like Tool, that make really cool, artistic videos that don't get played anywhere, but they don't care. So, I don't know, is Danny into videomaking? That'd be cool, if they made one themselves, otherwise it would probably get too expensive.

I don't agree about the black and white, by the way. They should make one that looks a bit like a western movie, lots of brown tints, some green, lots and lots of sun. Yeah, sun!  :)
I'm ready when you are

otter

The more I think about it...the more I think there will be a video. They have more than enough hours of their travels between past and present..they seem amply at home in front of video and cameras...And as far as airplay on MTV or VH1, or the ones overseas....people will say who are these guys...just like we all did...and it will get played...if they choose not to for whatever reason...that's cool too

Although, I think it will be because of one of their reasons and not because it won't get air time...everyone, young and old, dig these guys..which is more that can be said about most of the crap that is in heavy rotation.

Oz

That promo video about the new album is very promising for single song videos in the future. The way they put "One big holiday" under those fast images where they make the cover art looks pretty good. Yeah, I think there might be a video after all...
I'm ready when you are