Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit

Started by olwiggum, Feb 16, 2009, 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

watch this if you haven't. it's awesome and beautiful to look at. Stockholm-Dress Blues-Decoration Day...what more could I ask for...and I'm only 30 minutes in...damn!

LBSUNFLWR

^^^^ skip to 1:06:35

you don't have a heart if that doesn't do something to you.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LBSUNFLWR

LBSUNFLWR

guitar solo at the end of Children of Children is jaw-dropping.

parkervb

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on May 14, 2016, 03:38 PM
guitar solo at the end of Children of Children is jaw-dropping.

watched it like 5 times this weekend. Great videography on it as well! 

Seeing him 4th row at Chrysler Hall next month.  I hope Amanda is there but know its hard with a lil one in family now.
Don't you ever turn it off

LBSUNFLWR

luckily I've seen them more times with her than without. I think she really adds a lot to the show, both her singing and her playing. Plus she makes him happy and that's fun to watch...

GO4IT

On MPT right now in Baltimore-Wasington area.
More toward country than I remember from past shows but sounds great.

manonthemoon

New dates just announced, can't believe he's touring with the Mountain Goats.
This should be an awesome twin billing.
Alive or Just Breathing

DaydreamNation

Yeah I'll be there for the Cincy show for sure. Hope we get some new songs by then!!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

LBSUNFLWR

yeah I am planning on going to the Cinci show too.  :thumbsup:

never heard the Mountain Goats. What album should I start with?

Cameron

3 nights here in Austin.  Should be a great weekend.

DaydreamNation

Anyone else score tickets for the summer tour? Most dates just went on sale fifteen min ago and they're going fast! I just scored two tickets in sixth row of the pit for the Cincy date, very excited to see him again! Hope he has a new record or at least a lot of new songs to share with us by then...
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

parkervb

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Feb 17, 2017, 11:16 AM
Anyone else score tickets for the summer tour? Most dates just went on sale fifteen min ago and they're going fast! I just scored two tickets in sixth row of the pit for the Cincy date, very excited to see him again! Hope he has a new record or at least a lot of new songs to share with us by then...

He's teased the new album so I expect that will be out before the summer and he has a live EP coming out on Record Store Day that has 2 Stones covers and I would love to hear them play "Sway" which is an upper echelon Stones track imo
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

3 nights in austin purchased.  i hope he mixes up his sets a little more on this tour.

DaydreamNation

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 17, 2017, 11:39 AM
He's teased the new album so I expect that will be out before the summer and he has a live EP coming out on Record Store Day that has 2 Stones covers and I would love to hear them play "Sway" which is an upper echelon Stones track imo
More days than not "Sway" is in my top three fav Stones songs.

Flashback:

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Feb 17, 2017, 11:16 AM

I had 3rd row of the pit but I threw them back just bc the pit was so expensive compared to the regular seating. I got front row of the 100 level section and am very happy with that!!

Cinci tickets weren't going very fast though for such a small venue. I tried an hour and a half later and still got pit. I'm excited to see him there though. I like that venue!

DaydreamNation

He is playing the next night only an hour away in Dayton, so I'd imagine some Cincy folks opted for that show instead. I considered taking a swing at that show but decided I'd rather have the shorter drive (I'm coming from Louisville).

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Feb 17, 2017, 02:01 PM
He is playing the next night only an hour away in Dayton, so I'd imagine some Cincy folks opted for that show instead. I considered taking a swing at that show but decided I'd rather have the shorter drive (I'm coming from Louisville).

me too. We went to that new venue last summer, in Huber Heights. We thought it was in Cleveland originally and didn't buy tickets and then the day before the show saw it was doable so we went there. It is just like PNC. And I noticed Tedeschi Trucks are also playing both venues this summer and the Huber Heights show is on a Saturday while Cinci is a Friday so we got tickets for Saturday.

Wondering if the bands realize how close these 2 venues are to each other...

manonthemoon

Doing MPP and The last Beacon Show.  Can't wait as this might be my favorite lineup of the year.
Alive or Just Breathing