Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit

Started by olwiggum, Feb 16, 2009, 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhippy

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jun 26, 2013, 03:59 AM
Seeing him do a free show on friday in Pittsburgh. It will be my first time seeing him ever as I've only seen DBT after he left, hoping for some DBT tunes. The new album is great!

You will definitely get several of his DBT tunes.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Jeff Murray

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 25, 2013, 10:05 PM
Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jun 25, 2013, 09:25 PM
Isbell is playing the Chameleon Club in Lancaster on August 6th or The Kirby in Wilkes-Barre on August 9th... I'm leaning towards Lancaster so far even though the Kirby show is a Friday.

If anyone is looking at going to either show let me know.

Damn, why is it once I moved out of Harrisburg theres a bunch of good shows in York and Amishville  :grin:

It's a goddamned conspiracy!!
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

yakeroo

I have played this album all the way through about once a day now. I can not get enough of his songwriting. After seeing him at Bonnaroo, I immediately bought a ticket to his Chattanooga show. It was a no brainier, especially since the ticket was only ten bucks! :shocked:

LBSUNFLWR

I've also been playing this album almost daily. I love it...except Super 8.  :smiley:

Jeff Murray

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jul 01, 2013, 10:29 AM
I've also been playing this album almost daily. I love it...except Super 8.  :smiley:

I like the song, find it hilarious, but it doesn't seem to fit on the album.  Sounds like the recording levels were even different for this song.  Could have made a great B-side.

Penny Lane

This is definitely my favorite album of the year and amazingly enough, my favorite album of his career. I don't think anyone is writing songs like him, especially with Amanda backing him on vocals and the Ryan Adams influence. The stories and philosophy and harmonizing are perfect.

Brooke, Fully and I are seeing him at the Ryman in August! That might be the best show all year for me (other than HH's backyard show of course)..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ChiefOKONO

Well, as expected this album is awesome.  Elephant is really great.  I can't wait to see him again.
Not sure if i like it more than the last one though but they are very close.

I'm hoping for another Isbell / Ryan Adams tour!

ManNamedTruth

Well just for the record I ended up missing that free show. The event was the WYEP summer music festival and also featured Jesse Dee, Anders Osborne, and local band Neighbours. We've had lots of rainy weather lately and they were calling for scattered thunderstorms, so my friends I was supposed to meet down there backed out of the event. If there's a show at a club or something I will go by myself, but just didn't feeling like going solo to this one. From some pics I saw on facebook the weather looked OK. I also dig the new album a lot and hope to see him at some point!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

LBSUNFLWR

I think Stockholm is my favorite song on the album.

Jeff Murray

Jason Isbell is playing the Baltimore Soundstage 8/11 if anyone is interested. 

So far my viable options are Lancaster 8/6... Wilkes-Barre on 8/9... or Baltimore 8/11.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jul 11, 2013, 11:42 AM

So far my viable options are Lancaster 8/6... Wilkes-Barre on 8/9... or Baltimore 8/11.

I'll be at that Baltimore show, already have tix.

Jeff Murray

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jul 11, 2013, 05:11 PM
Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jul 11, 2013, 11:42 AM

I'll be at that Baltimore show, already have tix.

Did you get table tix or GA?  Not sure what I want to go for with a show like his.  I believe GO4IT is in and I'm trying to get Ruckus too.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jul 12, 2013, 10:33 AM
Did you get table tix or GA?  Not sure what I want to go for with a show like his.  I believe GO4IT is in and I'm trying to get Ruckus too.

I got two table seats in the raised area to the right. 

The reason I didn't want to do GA is the GA area would be hard to see from unless you were at the front of it, and I didn't want to have to show up early for this show.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jul 12, 2013, 03:41 PM

The reason I didn't want to do GA is the GA area would be hard to see from unless you were at the front of it, and I didn't want to have to show up early for this show.

What? No 1st Bitches, pics!   :wink:   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

Quote from: ericm on Jul 12, 2013, 03:56 PM

What? No 1st Bitches, pics!   :wink:   :beer:

Nah, I'll save those for the next Port Chester run.   :thumbsup:

Jeff Murray

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jul 12, 2013, 03:41 PM

Good thinking.

headhunter

No doubt this one will be at the top of my list for best albums of the year when the last month of the calendar is here.

Here's a couple of pictures from one of my best night's of 2012 -- when Jason played our summer backyard show.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

MrWhippy

That is all kinds of awesome, Jeff.

GO4IT

Wow, in HH's backyard?!? Very cool.

Jeff, let's get those tix already!!

headhunter

Quote from: GO4IT on Jul 12, 2013, 11:02 PM
Wow, in HH's backyard?!? Very cool.

Jeff, let's get those tix already!!

Gonna see you in newport right?
was some shakin' and some record playin'