lets play...MUSIC QUIZ!!!

Started by dragonboy, Sep 30, 2007, 02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Who's up for a music quiz?
Here's the deal. I'll start the ball rolling, whoever answers correctly gets to post the next question & so on.
You're only allowed one shot at each question. If you get it wrong then you're out until the next question gets posted.
No cheating using the internet. You'll only be lying to yourself if you do & don't forget that God & Satan are watching!
If nobody has the answer in a day or two then whoever posted the question can repost with an A, B, C, D option.
Try to make sure your questions aren't too obscure & we're good to go!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Easy one to start with:

QUESTION No1:
Who gave Bob Dylan the guitar he is holding on the cover of Nashville Skyline?

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

dragonboy

Nice try K but wrong answer.

I think I chose the wrong day to start this thread  ;D
Nevermind, things will no doubt pick up on Monday when everyone is back @ work.

red

Damn, I thought I'd make an easy connection.  Johnny Cash just rolled in his grave.

Kory

This could be an awful guess but it is a guess and not a google'd guess...

Jerry Garcia gave Dylan the guitar.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

dragonboy

Nice try Kory & I wish I could say you're right (what with it being ya B'day!) but that's another wrong answer.
Cheers 4 playing!

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Nice try Brian & I wish I could say you're right (what with you being drunk 'n all!) but that's another wrong answer.
Cheers 4 playing!

Someone needs to go wake up aMD  ;)

sweatboard

Yeah, he's probably really dissapointed in us right now.  Man, that's a good question I like this game, I know Neil Young plays Hank Williams Sr. guitar which was one of the coolest things I've ever heard.  

If I can guess again I'd say Donovan?   Mabey?  

dragonboy

QuoteI know Neil Young plays Hank Williams Sr. guitar which was one of the coolest things I've ever heard.
What are you doing?!! That could have been one of your questions  ;D

Check your PMs for the answer (just don't post it here!!!)

sweatboard

.Walt

i would have gone with Woddy Guthrie, but...Roy Orbison??? i have a second guess but i'll wait.....
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

Wasn't old Roy Capt, nice try though & thanks for playing!

aMD

George Harrison.

I'm going to assume I'm right and ask the next question.

I'll make the next question a little easier:

Question no 2
What was The Band's name before they were The Band?

wordawg

I think the Band were the Hawks.
the future is Ginger

dragonboy

QuoteGeorge Harrison.

I'm going to assume I'm right and ask the next question.

I'll make the next question a little easier:

Question no 2
What was The Band's name before they were The Band?
Well played Sir!

Apologies for making the first question quite so difficult, I thought a few more people would have known that one  :-[

I remember The Hawks being mentioned in The Last Waltz, I think Greggy could well be right...

aMD

QuoteI think the Band were the Hawks.

you are correct, sir.  you got a question for us?

wordawg

Nils Lofgren was in the band Grin.

Name the other guitarist. He doesn't appear on the first album.

(Its easier than Bobs guitar.)
the future is Ginger

ycartrob

QuoteNils Lofgren was in the band Grin.

Name the other guitarist. He doesn't appear on the first album.

(Its easier than Bobs guitar.)

my guess is Neil Young