lets play...MUSIC QUIZ!!!

Started by dragonboy, Sep 30, 2007, 02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

I'm pretty sure Neil Young produced one of their albums, good guess Tracy.
Tough one...

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

If Neil Young isn't the right answer then I think we might need an A B C D option for this one Greggy.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

wordawg

a. Ry Cooder

b. Keith Richards

c. Rev Patrick Henderson

d. Tommy Lofgren
the future is Ginger

dragonboy

I'm going to go with A. Pretty darn sure it's not Kieth.
Have never heard of C or D but something tells me Tommy Lofgren could well be related to Nils?  ;)

aMD

I'll go with D since I don't think it's keith and that guy has the same last name as nils.

dragonboy

QuoteI'll go with D since I don't think it's keith and that guy has the same last name as nils.
You again aMD!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nils_Lofgren

"After the second album Nils added brother Tom Lofgren to the fold as a rhythm guitarist..."

Has Tom Lofgren done much since Grin Greggy? I've never heard of him.
That said, the only Nils album I have is Silver Lining: http://wm05.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:d9foxql5ldfe

aMD

Alright, I'm not sure how difficult this one is so I'll give you all a bit and then make it multiple choice like worddawg.

Question no 4

For whom did Randy Newman write "It's Lonely at the Top"?

aMD

okay, here's a hint, it's the same guy Paul McCartney wrote "When I'm 64" for...

dragonboy

Still no idea whatsoever  :-[

dragonboy

I don't know the song Lonely At The Top but first thought of Bob Dylan. I know you're a fan but we've already had a BD question so my second thought was maybe not.
No idea who Paul wrote When I'm 64 for but I'm going to take a stab at John Lennon?

aMD

aMD

he didn't sing either of them.  He said that his audience wouldn't understand the irony of "It's Lonely at the Top".  He was probably right.  It's not Elvis, sorry DB.

dragonboy

;D

I going to post this here to help people out.

I've been around the world
Had my pick of any girl
You'd think I'd be happy
But I'm not
Ev'rybody knows my name
But it's just a crazy game
Oh, it's lonely at the top

Listen to the band, they're playing just for me
Listen to the people paying just for me
All the applause-all the parades
And all the money I have made

Listen all you fools out there
Go on and love me-I don't care

It's a great question...now that I know the answer!  ;)

aMD

A) Wayne Newton
B) Frank Sinatra
C) Jimi Hendrix
D) Paul Simon

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

QuoteB?
HEY GIRL!!! The next question is all yours B  :)

sweatboard

Sweet!  Let me think about this for a second.

sweatboard

Ok, What is my favorite guitar solo of all time?

EAZYE

as a hint is it a PJ or MMJ song?
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

dragonboy