Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overthetop

Late announcement of MMJ and the Dead perhaps? I don't know about this. I'm all set to go but without MMJ I have another trip I need to schedule and pay for. I need to see MMJ as part of my summer plans. When do you think more could be added?

el_chode

QuoteLate announcement of MMJ and the Dead perhaps? I don't know about this. I'm all set to go but without MMJ I have another trip I need to schedule and pay for. I need to see MMJ as part of my summer plans. When do you think more could be added?

There's two more rounds usually, right? usually one near late march/early april, and final sometime in may?
I'm surrounded by assholes

Nexty76

I'm confused, I just assumed they would play every year unless they in the studio. Are they in the studio again? After the MSG NYE show I remember thinking alright now I have to wait until June. Does anyone know why they aren't on board? I assume if they aren't on now they most likely won't be added? Animal Collective & TV on the Radio will have me down there regardless.

MickeyReds

Bonnaroo without MMJ is like lamb without tuna fish. >:(
As long as you keep a straight face...

lasvegas

QuoteI'm confused, I just assumed they would play every year unless they in the studio. Are they in the studio again? After the MSG NYE show I remember thinking alright now I have to wait until June. Does anyone know why they aren't on board? I assume if they aren't on now they most likely won't be added? Animal Collective & TV on the Radio will have me down there regardless.

superfly really does not like to invite the same bands two years in a row. they have made exceptions in the past, but not this year.

no mmj, sorry guys. but it will still rock.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Penny Lane

nah, i think superfly would LOVE to have them there again, it's just that they used to play it every year when they were starting out (and being a KY band it made sense) they are big now and they are not gonna keep playing every year unless they have an album out. they are not a festival band anymore. think how hard it would be to keep trying to out do themselves --think about it!! they didn't play in 2007 cuz they had nothing coming out. they played 08 because of EU.

MMJ have taken off kids.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

lasvegas

Quotenah, i think superfly would LOVE to have them there again, it's just that they used to play it every year when they were starting out (and being a KY band it made sense) they are big now and they are not gonna keep playing every year unless they have an album out. they are not a festival band anymore. think how hard it would be to keep trying to out do themselves --think about it!! they didn't play in 2007 cuz they had nothing coming out. they played 08 because of EU.

MMJ have taken off kids.

i would love to have them there, but i'm just telling you what superfly's policy is, told to me from people at superfly.

think what you want.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Penny Lane

nah, i know people at superfly, too. they have a lot of the same acts every year (if not every other year).  I know what you mean about not having headliners there every year the same but i know they'd have MMJ there in a heartbeat. most of the acts this year have been there before for the most part..MGMT, grace potter, ben harper, moe, gomez, etc etc...no one really new

Sassbox

I can honestly say that I am so happy with the lineup that I do not feel disappointed MMJ isn't on it...yet.  ;)  But even if they don't show, this lineup is diversified enough for my liking and I'm really looking forward to June.  I was sort of under the impression that Jim will be working on collaborative stuff this year, so I'm not that surprised they aren't on the bill...yet.  ;)

Penny, we're going VIP and already have our tickets.  There will be a massive camp of us (25+) and you are more than welcome to join us.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Dudley

I don't see Kanye.... I'll be there..

Penny Lane

ghosts--if i go, i gotta meet up w/you and ghostess for NIN or conor.

sass--i'll definitely let you know! if i go, right now there is a couple from hoboken that want to go again. VIP is ridiculous this year (no VIP bleachers, food or bathrooms? only showers...) VIP only had a HILL last year, right? 25 people campsite? i don't even know 25 people ...haha ....WILCOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i am going to try to use the guest camping hookup i used last year from superfly if i go, but i don't know if i can...i hate being THAT GIRL that asks for stuff all the time. we'll see.

capt. scotty

QuoteLate announcement of MMJ and the Dead perhaps? I don't know about this. I'm all set to go but without MMJ I have another trip I need to schedule and pay for. I need to see MMJ as part of my summer plans. When do you think more could be added?

There's two more rounds usually, right? usually one near late march/early april, and final sometime in may?

I thought they usually do 3-4 additions, with the first being in a few weeks or whenever they have a handful or so to add
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

overthetop

I'm still hopefull. Let's stay positive people. After NYE I just need to see them again. I've seen the other headliners and yes I absolutely love sprinsteen but MMJ have rejuvinated my love for live music. Springsteen is here in May I could catch that and still sleep at home..

But Phish... hmmm do I want to revisit that stage of life .... I could be convinced.

Sassbox

Penny, there are definitely still bathrooms and bleachers.  Just no food this year (well, it's an add on if you want it).  Girl, you scared me.

(2) VIP tickets
•    Exclusive VIP entrance
•    Preferred parking and camping near venue in VIP area for one car (See below for RV upgrade info.)
•    Special shower and restroom facilities with attendants
•    VIP pre-event dinner and party on Thursday night
•    Three exclusive VIP lounges located throughout the site
•    Exclusive viewing bleachers from the What and Which stages
•    Commemorative Bonnaroo package including t-shirt, poster, and exclusive

I'll vouch for the bathrooms, too...they were exceptionally clean and an attendant was constantly checking them (we tipped her at the end of the weekend, she did such an amazing job at the ones we used).  They're regular bathrooms, too...with actual doors instead of stalls, sinks, soap, towels, etc.

Penny Lane

did you get bleachers last year? i thought VIP area was the that hill to the left of the main stage. in 2006, there was a VIP viewing area (bleachers) but i didn't see any last year?

okay the restroom facilities may have sealed the deal for me. i remember they were clean, that was definitely missing from guest camping.

thanks for the info. i gotta ponder this one. 700$ is steep in a recession lol

capt. scotty

700$  :o

Jesus, thats a lot. I figured it wouldve been like an extra 100$ or something. For that price, you should get all the food and booze you want, and your own golf cart to drive around the area with
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sassbox

Yes, bleachers at the What and Which stages last year.  We also had the hill and there were two or three air conditioned tents scattered about, including at the main stage. Throw in much easier access to Centeroo (five minute walk and much less security hassle), real bathrooms and showers and it was money well spent.

And not that anyone would necessarily take advantage of this, but I was able to drive in and out a couple of times with no issues at all...once to meet my fiance and his sister for breakfast, and another to make a Starbucks run for everyone at our camp!

ALady

Quotephish playing two shows and bruce...shocker. ::)

alady, ur source lied to you.

The internet lies??!?!   :o :o :o

I'm in.  And definitely not ruling out a guest appearance from Jim during Erykah Badu's set...
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Daear

I would happily give whatever was within my means to give in order for them to be there. I don't have much. I can provide lots of hugs, though. Lots.

hizzo

QuoteI'm confused, I just assumed they would play every year unless they in the studio. Are they in the studio again? After the MSG NYE show I remember thinking alright now I have to wait until June. Does anyone know why they aren't on board? I assume if they aren't on now they most likely won't be added? Animal Collective & TV on the Radio will have me down there regardless.

superfly really does not like to invite the same bands two years in a row. they have made exceptions in the past, but not this year.

no mmj, sorry guys. but it will still rock.
Well, this will be MGMT's second year in a row to play.
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.