What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 25, 2011, 09:07 AM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 19, 2011, 02:07 PM
Bright Eyes and it was unreal, in many ways... THEY WERE SO GOOD! :D
Doing a little catch-up.

Sara, how did you manage to catch Bright Eyes so soon after the new album dropped?  I guess I'm surprised to hear they came to your Swedish neck o' woods in support of the new album this early.  It has to be your awesome fan-ness, yes?  Maybe MMJ is next?

Oh I hope so, I really hope so. I'll be launching a Europe ♥ MMJ campaign shortly... in support of a Europe tour! :D Anyhow, the Bright Eyes album launch was in London and then they just came by Sweden AND they're coming back in June. So yay Sweden! But you know, Conor did write a song named You Should Be In Sweden, so that has to count for something I guess ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

subinai

Quote from: ralph on Feb 24, 2011, 05:50 PM
Whats on a Prince setlist these days debbie?

here is what he played when i saw him MSG on feb 7th:

Laydown
Corvette
Beautiful ones
Controversy
Purple Rain
Raspberry beret
Cream
Cool (the Time cover)
Let's work
U got the look
Nothing compares to u (dedicated to Bobby Z.)

1st Encore
Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
Let's go crazy
Delirious
Dreamer
When doves cry (intro)
Kiss

2nd Encore
Medley
Nasty girl
Forever in my life
Sign
Alphabet
Love bizarre (Sheila E cover)
Hot thing
Pop life / I would die / Single ladies / If I was your girlfriend
Insatiable
Scandalous
Adore

3rd Encore
Mountains
Shake your body (the Jacksons cover)
Everyday people / Higher (Sly & The Family Stone cover)

dragonboy

Got to see the excellent Wolf People again a couple of weeks ago, love this band!

Wolf People - Tiny Circle

After years of waiting I finally got to see Mogwai on Friday - one of the best gigs I have ever been to; definitely in my Top 10 of all time in, if not my Top 5. Loud as f*ck & incredibly intense the whole show was simply amazing! Catch them when they hit NA in April & May: http://www.mogwai.co.uk/option,com_gigcal/Itemid,3/

Mogwai - Mogwai Fear Satan (Burning)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ruckus

Quote from: dragonboy on Feb 27, 2011, 11:24 AM
Got to see the excellent Wolf People again a couple of weeks ago, love this band!

Wolf People - Tiny Circle

After years of waiting I finally got to see Mogwai on Friday - one of the best gigs I have ever been to; definitely in my Top 10 of all time in, if not my Top 5. Loud as f*ck & incredibly intense the whole show was simply amazing! Catch them when they hit NA in April & May: http://www.mogwai.co.uk/option,com_gigcal/Itemid,3/

Mogwai - Mogwai Fear Satan (Burning)
Great to hear from ya DB!  Those are two shows I would have killed to have seen.  I checked out some or your Arbouretum and they reminded me of a slower Wolf People upon 1st listen.  I liked it.  See ya around.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

MarkW

Quote from: dragonboy on Feb 27, 2011, 11:24 AMAfter years of waiting I finally got to see Mogwai on Friday - one of the best gigs I have ever been to; definitely in my Top 10 of all time in, if not my Top 5. Loud as f*ck & incredibly intense the whole show was simply amazing! Catch them when they hit NA in April & May

A couple of friends who went said the show was mindblowing - and they've seen Mogwai over a dozen times.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

br00ke

i hit up brooklyn bowl last night for soulive with robert randolph .. they also had a fun opening band called the london souls  :thumbsup: and of all things i ended up standing next to the guys i sat next to for the VH1 storytellers show .. small world  ;D

dragonboy

Quote from: MarkW on Feb 28, 2011, 12:26 PM
Quote from: dragonboy on Feb 27, 2011, 11:24 AMAfter years of waiting I finally got to see Mogwai on Friday - one of the best gigs I have ever been to; definitely in my Top 10 of all time in, if not my Top 5. Loud as f*ck & incredibly intense the whole show was simply amazing! Catch them when they hit NA in April & May

A couple of friends who went said the show was mindblowing - and they've seen Mogwai over a dozen times.

Couldn't & still can't stop thinking about this show. Mogwai & quite simply incredible live...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

e_wind

Quote from: subinai on Feb 25, 2011, 04:32 PM
Quote from: ralph on Feb 24, 2011, 05:50 PM
Whats on a Prince setlist these days debbie?

here is what he played when i saw him MSG on feb 7th:

Laydown
Corvette
Beautiful ones
Controversy
Purple Rain
Raspberry beret
Cream
Cool (the Time cover)
Let's work
U got the look
Nothing compares to u (dedicated to Bobby Z.)

1st Encore
Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
Let's go crazy
Delirious
Dreamer
When doves cry (intro)
Kiss

2nd Encore
Medley
Nasty girl
Forever in my life
Sign
Alphabet
Love bizarre (Sheila E cover)
Hot thing
Pop life / I would die / Single ladies / If I was your girlfriend
Insatiable
Scandalous
Adore

3rd Encore
Mountains
Shake your body (the Jacksons cover)
Everyday people / Higher (Sly & The Family Stone cover)

wow i bet that was fun
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

weeniebeenie

Saw Justin Townes Earle last Friday and Sunday. He was awesome as always. He was accompanied by Josh Hedley who had never been to Aus before. It was great.
How loud can silence get?

ralph

Eddie Vedder! And it was awesome. Great cover of Masters of War was probably the highlight in a night full of them...

About to start the 6 hour drive to Newcastle to do it all again tonight. Yay!!!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: ralph on Mar 15, 2011, 06:10 PM
Eddie Vedder! And it was awesome. Great cover of Masters of War was probably the highlight in a night full of them...

Masters of War, Immortality, Wishlist, Walking The Cow?!?!?!?!?! What!!!!????
Have fun in Newcastle.

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 16, 2011, 03:25 AM
Quote from: ralph on Mar 15, 2011, 06:10 PM

Masters of War, Immortality, Wishlist, Walking The Cow?!?!?!?!?! What!!!!????
Have fun in Newcastle.

Should be a good one! Hoping for Off He Goes tonight...

ophidiophobia

Watched Ryan Bingham Thursday night in Tulsa. Show was pretty good, other than the drunk chick that punched me every two minutes. You can hear hear her in the video I took. At least she didn't mess with me while I took the video.

Ryan Bingham "Hallelujah"

weeniebeenie

Three Days of Eddie Vedder shows. Oh. My.
You're True, Dead Man, Driftin', Parting Ways, My City of Ruins, ARC!!!!!! I could go on and on. Got front row Ten C tix on night two and Eddie smiled at me. :)
I have some photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/weeniebeenie/sets/72157626312152318/
Apparently there is talk on the PJ postboard of a DVD of the tour. I won't hold my breath but that would be the icing on the cake.

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 20, 2011, 11:57 PM
You're True, Dead Man, Driftin', Parting Ways, My City of Ruins, ARC!!!!!! I could go on and on. Got front row Ten C tix on night two and Eddie smiled at me. :)
I have some photos here:
Apparently there is talk on the PJ postboard of a DVD of the tour. I won't hold my breath but that would be the icing on the cake.

Nice score on the front row tix Weenie! Haven't been that lucky yet but ive got a couple more chances yet! 8) how good have these shows been? So excited for Melbourne and Adelaide this week.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: ralph on Mar 21, 2011, 02:17 AM
Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 20, 2011, 11:57 PM
I have some photos here:

Nice score on the front row tix Weenie! Haven't been that lucky yet but ive got a couple more chances yet! 8) how good have these shows been? So excited for Melbourne and Adelaide this week.
I just can't believe the songs that he's been playing. I never thought I'd see some of these live. And I'm so jealous that you still have shows to go!

aperlst

Back to Back Umphrey's McGee.  Saw them Thursday and Friday at the House of Blues in L.A., then the House Of Blues in San Diego.  While both were great shows, I preferred the San Diego show... the setlist, the energy, and I got backstage afterward and hung out with the guys in the band.  It was a great start to the weekend!

Adam

devilsallie

Last show I saw AND probably one of the best -
Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings

LEGEN -- wait for it --dary!!

weeniebeenie

Justin Townes Earle.....Again.

ralph

I just watched Eddie Vedder cover NIN's Hurt. I can honestly say I never thought I would see that! Great show tonight, my fave so far...