What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come Closer

Apples and oranges is the way I look at it. Both great.

That Masters of War with the full band though. :thumbsup: I had only seen it Eddie solo before.

beardedwonder

To be fair, tonight's show proved to be a much better experience. At 51 Eddie still has it. My wife was very pleased and I rocked out. Dug the J Mascis cameo.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

sillyboob

Saw The National at the Greek in LA a week ago.  Great show.  Annie Clark & Adam from The War On Drugs came out for a couple of songs. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

johnnYYac

Two great nights of live music.

On Thursday, Aug. 11, took my two oldest daughters (Maddie 12 and Katherine 14) to Codfish Hollow Barnstormers in Maquoketa, Iowa to see Lucius.  Its a really cool venue.

Get a taste of CHB here:

The girls made me proud, holding the rail and having a great time.  Torrential thunderstorms and the mud pit parking lot afterward did not dampen our mood.  A great show!

On Friday, I recovered from the hot, humid muddy blast from the night before with a nice theater show downtown, by myself, to see Hot Tuna Acoustic at the Englert Theatre in Iowa City.  A finer display of musical talent I cannot recall...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LBSUNFLWR

My boss has been to Jorma's guitar camp twice. he loved it, as you can imagine...

he's also a really cool boss.  :thumbsup:

Varitek

Margo Price - 10.14.16 Great American Music Hall, San Francisco CA

Great show last night, first time catching her live. Great band, solid playing, some interesting covers
(The Meters, Merle Haggard, Janis Joplin). Just a fun night of music at a classic venue. Highly recommend checking her out if she's coming by your town.
"Did he just put on a cape?"

APR

Local Natives last night in DC.  My third time seeing them.  It was great.  You can really tell how hard they're trying and singing to deliver a great show.  They sincerely appreciated the fans and their current ability to play bigger shows compared to when they first started out.  They are also really proud to donate $1 of every ticket sold to a good cause. 

LBSUNFLWR

CRB Killed it again last night!! So fun! Encore was awesome!

btragno

Just saw Cass Mccombs and Delicate Steve in Brooklyn the other day. Great show. I knew Delicate Steve would be great (check them out if you haven't yet) but Cass really impressed me. Only other time I saw them was opening for MMJ at the Beacon and that wasn't great.

walterfredo

Phish Halloween in Vegas. Ziggy Stardust.  :thumbsup:

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

tippitoes22

Dinosaur Jr. 10/6/16 @the Bluebird, Denver,CO (loudest show I have EVER seen)

Lampedusa-Concert for Refugees 10/13/16 @The Vic Chicago,IL
(Emmylou Harris,Steve Earle,Patty Griffin, Buddy Miller,Milk Carton Kids,Robert Plant)

Die Antwoord 10/11/16 @Aragon Ballroom, Chicago,IL (Show was FUCKIN BONKERS)

Fruit Bats 10/27/16 @Colectivo Coffee, Milwaukee,WI

Fruit Bats 10/28/16 @Space Chicago(Evanston),IL

John Prine 11/4/16  @Chicago Theater, Chicago,IL  (SEE HIM IN 2 DAYS :thumbsup:)
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

LBSUNFLWR

Band of Horses last night at The Louisville Palace!
great show! I had only seen them open for MMJ once and once at Forecastle so this was the first full show of theirs I saw. Great band, beautiful voice live just like on record, and a very good mix of old and new songs!

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Nov 08, 2016, 09:45 AM
Band of Horses last night at The Louisville Palace!
great show! I had only seen them open for MMJ once and once at Forecastle so this was the first full show of theirs I saw. Great band, beautiful voice live just like on record, and a very good mix of old and new songs!

Awesome!!  I was lucky enough to catch BOH's warmup show prior to One Big Holiday 2015.  Flew down on the same flight as them.  They were great acoustic at sunset!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Varitek

James McMurtry & Anders Osborne - Great American Music Hall, San Francisco CA

Great combo last night. Both solo acoustic. Anders songwriting takes a bit of a hit when stripped down but James McMurtry can turn one hell of a phrase and sounds great with just a guitar. His music ain't breaking any new ground but he writes some killer lyrics.
"Did he just put on a cape?"

LBSUNFLWR

yeah he does. We saw McMurtry solo acoustic earlier this year in a really small theater. He's great.
I read Anders has upcoming shows with Jackie Greene and 1 show with Rich Robinson. I love these collaborations, and wish I could catch one of these shows.

LBSUNFLWR

Saw Carl last night in Nashville as part of the Misty Marathon Hop. Lots of musicians from lots of great bands getting together to pay tribute to Led Zeppelin. Such a cool idea and experience. Would love to have seen more of Carl but he was part of the highlight of the night for me which was Ten Years Gone.

APR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Dec 30, 2016, 04:56 PM
Saw Carl last night in Nashville as part of the Misty Marathon Hop. Lots of musicians from lots of great bands getting together to pay tribute to Led Zeppelin. Such a cool idea and experience. Would love to have seen more of Carl but he was part of the highlight of the night for me which was Ten Years Gone.

Cool!  That sounds unreal with Carl on Ten Years Gone.....my favorite Zep song off of my favorite album of theirs.  Please post a video if you come across one or have one.

LBSUNFLWR

i took a little video on my phone, will try to get that on to youtube so I can share here..
or is there a way to just post video here without youtube?