What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 05, 2017, 06:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxAvyMrdueE&feature=youtu.be

Nice! Thanks.  They sound just like Zeppelin.  I checked out a little Colin Hay while I was at it too.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: APR on Jan 06, 2017, 09:34 AM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 05, 2017, 06:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxAvyMrdueE&feature=youtu.be

Nice! Thanks.  They sound just like Zeppelin.  I checked out a little Colin Hay while I was at it too.

Ha, awesome! Colin Hay solo acoustic was a really fun show. He's like a stand-up comedian in between songs.

That Zeppelin tribute was great all night and it was like 3 plus hours. Carl was only out for a few songs, and I would've loved to hear him sing one too, but I sure can't complain for all I got to see that night for $30!!!

MMJTX

Super Bowl in Houston brought some great shows this week FO' FREE
Tuesday 1/31 - The Bright Light Social Hour
Wednesday 2/1 - Hayes Carll and Ryan Bingham
Friday 2/3 - Shakey Graves and Leon Bridges
Anytime

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 03, 2017, 12:14 PM

awesome! Just got tickets to see Hayes Carll at a tiny theater here, never seen him before.
did he and Ryan Bingham play together?

MMJTX

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Feb 03, 2017, 12:44 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 03, 2017, 12:14 PM

awesome! Just got tickets to see Hayes Carll at a tiny theater here, never seen him before.
did he and Ryan Bingham play together?

Hayes Carll is one of my favorite singer/songwriters. You're going to enjoy it! They didn't play together but for Hayes' last song Bingham came out with some others and they sang This Land is Our Land (made me think of MMJ too as I love their cover of this song).
Anytime

YimYodd

We boarded the Mothership with the legendary Maceo Parker! :cool:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

MMJTX

went and saw SOHN last night on a last minute suggestion. really enjoyed the show, he has an incredible voice. reminded me like a mixture of Hozier, Chvrches, and Chet Faker
Anytime

LBSUNFLWR

Last night we saw the Southern Soul Assembly which is Luther Dickinson, Anders Osborne, JJ Grey and Marc Broussard. Marc was the only one who I was completely unfamiliar with and he was really great. I am going to search for some of his music, really great voice.
This show was just the four of them seated in chairs and they literally just went down the line alternating singing their own songs. At times 4 guitars, at times Luther played a mandolin, bass, some homemade instrument with a coffee can and some strings, acoustic and electric guitar. He was the big draw for me and Anders. I really was impressed with all of them though and felt each had their moments where they just stole the show!! Such a cool one-time experience.

not my picture but here's what it looked like:

MMJTX

Strand of Oaks last night in Houston!!! was a great show, a little shorter than I hoped but it was great nonetheless. Picked up the new album on vinyl and Timothy had signed and wrote a unique little note on each vinyl cover so that was cool. Mine says "Make Boogie Make Good Love"

Derek, great seeing you last night, sorry we left before I could say goodbye, catch ya at the next show!
Anytime

DionJamieson

i just got home acouple of hours ago from a jethro tull concert. it was pretty damn sweet

johnnYYac

Quote from: DionJamieson on Apr 19, 2017, 10:16 AM
i just got home acouple of hours ago from a jethro tull concert. it was pretty damn sweet
What year is this?

I didn't know JT were touring, such as they may be.  Glad to hear they're still putting on a good show.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

APR

In the "What year is this?" department......Local H.  I'm surprised they're not bigger than they are and never got bigger 10-20 years ago.  I don't know how he sings like that every night. 

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Apr 26, 2017, 10:36 AM
In the "What year is this?" department......Local H.  I'm surprised they're not bigger than they are and never got bigger 10-20 years ago.  I don't know how he sings like that every night. 
Where'd you see them? I know KROQ in LA plays "Bound For The Floor" (Born to be down) on a pretty regular basis, but I've never heard another Local H song on the radio.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

LBSUNFLWR

speaking of "what year is this?" Tears for Fears just announced a show at The Louisville Palace.

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 26, 2017, 04:14 PM
speaking of "what year is this?" Tears for Fears just announced a show at The Louisville Palace.

They're co-headlining two nights at the Staples Center in L.A. with Hall & Oates!

LBSUNFLWR

I wanted to go to that! ^^^
I'm much more interested in seeing Hall and Oates. But it's coming only to Cincinnati on a week night and I have tickets already to see Sigur Ros the same night. Are you going?

"It's motherfuckin John Oates!"

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 26, 2017, 09:10 PM
I wanted to go to that! ^^^
I'm much more interested in seeing Hall and Oates. But it's coming only to Cincinnati on a week night and I have tickets already to see Sigur Ros the same night. Are you going?

"It's motherfuckin John Oates!"

Not going to Tears For Fears / Hall & Oates.  Sigur Ros should be great though - I remember Popplagio being so overpowering when they played the Wiltern some years back.

LBSUNFLWR

yeah it is going to be interesting and special I have a feeling. Plus we are front row of the balcony in The Palace which just may be the best sounding spot in the place!!  :thumbsup:

APR

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 26, 2017, 03:48 PM
Quote from: APR on Apr 26, 2017, 10:36 AM
Where'd you see them? I know KROQ in LA plays "Bound For The Floor" (Born to be down) on a pretty regular basis, but I've never heard another Local H song on the radio.

They played in Vienna, VA (a D.C. suburb).  The radio used to play a song called "Eddie Vedder" from that same album and maybe another one from their follow up album.

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 27, 2017, 08:55 AM
yeah it is going to be interesting and special I have a feeling. Plus we are front row of the balcony in The Palace which just may be the best sounding spot in the place!!  :thumbsup:

That's awesome.  They put on a show that is otherworldly!