What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 27, 2017, 10:14 AM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 27, 2017, 08:55 AM
yeah it is going to be interesting and special I have a feeling. Plus we are front row of the balcony in The Palace which just may be the best sounding spot in the place!!  :thumbsup:

That's awesome.  They put on a show that is otherworldly!
That's what we're hoping for! :)

MMJTX

Whitney tonight
STS9 tomorrow
Anytime

Shug

We just saw Sigur Ros at the Santa Barbara Bowl on a rainy spring night.  This is the stripped-down three piece band tour that they've never done before, but it was plenty ethereal and orchestral and it got loud and art-rock freak out noisy at time.   You will not be disappointed.  Two sets, no opener. them doing what they do.  Sunflower, get ready, you are in for it if you have never seen them!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Shug

We are seeing a sweet triple bill tomorrow night

Son Volt
Justin Townes Earle
The Sadies

and then on Sunday night we are seeing another triple bill of classic country newcomers

Jamey Johnson
Margo Price
Brent Cobb
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Shug on Apr 28, 2017, 04:46 PM
We just saw Sigur Ros at the Santa Barbara Bowl on a rainy spring night.  This is the stripped-down three piece band tour that they've never done before, but it was plenty ethereal and orchestral and it got loud and art-rock freak out noisy at time.   You will not be disappointed.  Two sets, no opener. them doing what they do.  Sunflower, get ready, you are in for it if you have never seen them!
Thanks, Really excited!!

manonthemoon

Mastodon, so many riffs and so good
Alive or Just Breathing

btragno

I just saw Colter Wall at Rockwood Music Hall in NYC. Great story teller. If you like country/folk give him a listen.

LBSUNFLWR

So weird but a friend of mine told me tonight to check him out. Never heard of him.

LBSUNFLWR

I saw Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Saturday night in Indiana. 
They killed it. Just perfect show. Played everything I wanted to hear.
Perfect sound and performance. Everyone should try to go see them on this 40th anniversary tour!

slappymoe

roger waters at the KFC yum! center.

fantastic.  the ladies from Lucius are a perfect addition, they killed "great gig in the sky."

musically, visually amazing. never seen or heard anything like it.

don't go if you're a trump fan, lol!

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: slappymoe on May 30, 2017, 10:23 AM
roger waters at the KFC yum! center.

fantastic.  the ladies from Lucius are a perfect addition, they killed "great gig in the sky."

musically, visually amazing. never seen or heard anything like it.

don't go if you're a trump fan, lol!

Yeah, it was very impressive. Our seats were straight back in the lower section and it was perfect! 2nd set when those screens came down was just insane, like you said: never seen anything like it. will try to post some of my pictures here.

I got some good videos including those Lucius girls on Great Gig in the Sky. wow!

LBSUNFLWR

LBSUNFLWR

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

manonthemoon

Alive or Just Breathing

LBSUNFLWR

John Moreland was pretty fucking awesome live. Voice is gravelly and perfect. His acoustic guitar playing is beautiful plus he had another guy with him who played acoustic and harmonica and a few songs on keyboard. Really great show! Go see him if you get the chance!

APR

Royal Blood.  Great show but also probably the shortest show I've seen (at least by a headliner at a regular venue).  They played one hour and didn't return for an encore.  The old songs got a great reaction from the crowd, but since the new album isn't out yet, that wasn't the case for the new stuff. 

MMJTX

saw White Denim last night in Houston,
fantastic show, the guys rocked it out

Anytime

APR

A Perfect Circle in Fairfax, VA.  Great show..... way better and longer than the last time I saw them over 10 years ago.  Maynard can sing and I love his voice!!  There were signs saying no photos or videos, and I didn't see a single person disobey the entire night.  I almost felt like it was a different decade in the older arena and no phones on display anywhere.

MMJTX

saw Paul Cauthen and Margo Price last night, if you haven't seen/heard Paul Cauthen he is incredible. Felt a little bad for Margo having to follow Paul's performance but she was good.

Yonder Mountain tonight!
Anytime