Main Menu

Dr. Dog v2.0

Started by e_wind, Dec 23, 2010, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

It is completely shocking to me that that song has not yet been sampled. I thought it would have been heard on a chart-topping rap hit within two weeks of the album release!

Awesome shots from the Houston show. Looks like a nice setlist. Any surprises in the encore?!

Jackets N Pones

Nellie was definitely the highlight of the encore. Fun song to sing along to.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

I would love to see Say Something live:

Dr. Dog on Juan's Basement

Other songs I'd love to see from them are From, Wake Up, and Nobody Knows Who You Are
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LB

bought Fate, which album should I try next?
no you never gotta fight with me

oistheone

Quote from: LB on Jun 07, 2014, 09:13 AM

All of 'em. Easy Beat, We All Belong, Be The Void, B-Room, Shame Shame, they're all fantastic. Easy Beat is a strong number one for me, don't even think I could rank the rest of them.

EverythingChanges

I agree with pretty much any of them, but if you started with Fate, I would probably venture to Shame, Shame next and then either go forward to Be The Void, or jump backwards to Easy Beat.  I feel like Shame, Shame and Fate are very similar in sound and structure. 

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jun 07, 2014, 10:06 PM

I agree with pretty much any of them, but if you started with Fate, I would probably venture to Shame, Shame next and then either go forward to Be The Void, or jump backwards to Easy Beat.  I feel like Shame, Shame and Fate are very similar in sound and structure.

I'm seeing them tuesday for the fifth time, can't wait!
Easy Beat has like 3 or 4 songs that I really like, but honestly it just has the feel of a band's first album (and not the kind where a band puts all their best ideas on the first album and fades out after that) Is Easy Beat their first proper album BTW? I know they have some earlier material they've released.
Seems like everyone has a different opinion on what they're favorites are, so it's really hard to go wrong. Here's how I'd rate them:
1. Be The Void
2. We All Belong (my favorite for a long time, my first album I got by them witch many times ends up being my favorite)
3. Fate
4.  B Room
5. Shame, Shame
6. Easy Beat
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

EverythingChanges

I saw these guys live last Sunday, and holy shit are they fantastic.  Definitely the best live band I've seen save for MMJ.  They are now firmly placed within my top 5.

Scott gave the guy next to me in the audience the mic to sing the chorus of Jackie and Oh No.  It was a blast.  Toby went out in the audience during Lonesome.  I have never seen an Indiana crowd as into a show as they were for this one.  The venue was packed.

Easy Beat was for sale on vinyl at the show, so I finally got my copy! Beats the $80 price on Amazon.

ajclements004

O have you caught Dr. Dog recently?  They played Say Something in Louisville back in November!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: ajclements004 on Jun 18, 2014, 11:39 AM
O have you caught Dr. Dog recently?  They played Say Something in Louisville back in November!

I almost went to that show, but my friend ditched the week of, so I skipped it.  I didn't want to drive out of state.  I regretted it after seeing the setlist.

e_wind

Dr dog will be featured on The Flamjng Lips Sgt Peppers cover album. They will appear on Getting Better. That's a hell of a lot better than mylie Cyrus
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

LB

Big rarity? Give me the MMJ comparison!  :grin:
no you never gotta fight with me

oistheone

That setlist killed me! That's the ONE show they played SS, and it was near the start of the tour. Thought that would mean they'd be tossing it in from time to time. Nope! One and done! Being a song-chaser is a tough gig.

Murph

IMeMine

Has anyone else listened to their new live album, Live at a Flamingo Hotel?  It's soooo good, and it's getting me even more excited for OBH.
Everything passes...Everything changes...Just do what you think you should do

johnnYYac

Quote from: IMeMine on Jan 15, 2015, 06:45 PM
Has anyone else listened to their new live album, Live at a Flamingo Hotel?  It's soooo good, and it's getting me even more excited for OBH.
Yes! Got the vinyl on Tuesday and love it! I'm a live Dr. Dog virgin, so I'm very psyched for their set at OBH.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Murph

I actually just picked it up last night at their show. Just finished listening to it, sounds great. I love the songs they chose

EverythingChanges

They should have added oh no and say something, but either way it kicks ass!

They are my favorite live band next to MMJ. Especially if you're in a crowd where everyone knows the lyrics. Talk about a great time when everyone is singing Jackie.

At my first dr dog show, Scott handed the mic to this guy next to me to sing the chorus, such a blast.