Main Menu

Dr. Dog v2.0

Started by e_wind, Dec 23, 2010, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

The new Dr.Dog thread because I don't think it transferred.

My lady got me a pair of Dr.D tickets to the February Nashville show. woooo
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Best song on Shame, Shame

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ruckus

I guess I'll just have to be watching setlists.  They play back to back nights in DC in later this month and while I'd like to attend both, I get the feeling that the lack of variance may convince me to go to only one. :-\  I wouldn't want to miss some rarities though.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TheBigChicken

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 24, 2010, 03:55 PM
Best song on Shame, Shame
your'e so wrong. The best song is Stranger ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

el_chode

Wrong, it's "Where'd All the Time Go"

Dr. Dog - Where'd All The Time Go? - live Music Box @ Fonda, April 27, 2010

you know I get so forgetful when I look in your eyes...
I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

Id have to side with Chode on this one. I cant pick a clear favorite, but it would be between Where'd All The Time Go?, Jackie Wants a Black Eye, and Mirror, Mirror....Just goes to show how great of an album it is when 5 different songs have been mentioned as favorites
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 04, 2011, 04:41 PM
Id have to side with Chode on this one. I cant pick a clear favorite, but it would be between Where'd All The Time Go?, Jackie Wants a Black Eye, and Mirror, Mirror....Just goes to show how great of an album it is when 5 different songs have been mentioned as favorites

This is why it got my top-spot on my top-5 list for this year. Straight through, every song is solid. Nothing skippable, nothing out of place...no turds in the caviar.

I just choose that song because I love the guitar parts in it. It's one of their more musical songs, which shows their versatility since I really have always considered them as a 50/50 split band between an emphasis on lyrics vs music.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ruckus

Catching them next week on Saturday and maybe Friday as well.  Here's to hoping they play Black-Red and Nobody Knows Who You Are. :beer:

EasyRyder

Let me know how it is, Ruckus! I just got my tickets for their show on the 7th in Birmingham and I'm perdy stoked. The venue has a 300 person cap, so it should be hot and heavy  ;)

I've never seen 'em live before, but they do seem to have that X-factor that we spoiled MMJ fans get so much of. Do they usually play stuff from all of their albums, or just the most recent when they tour?

I'd love to hear some stuff from Fate.   
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Ruckus

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jan 23, 2011, 11:15 AM
Let me know how it is, Ruckus! I just got my tickets for their show on the 7th in Birmingham and I'm perdy stoked. The venue has a 300 person cap, so it should be hot and heavy  ;)

I've never seen 'em live before, but they do seem to have that X-factor that we spoiled MMJ fans get so much of. Do they usually play stuff from all of their albums, or just the most recent when they tour?

They are just such a fun band live!  I've seen 'em on each tour at least once since We All Belong was released and they have typically played up their most recent albums along with previous 'hits.'  I'm guessing this time around, they'll be playing a lot of their "deluxe" re-release of Shame Shame songs.  As for Fate, I'd guess you'll typically get The Rabbit, the Bat and the Reindeer, Army of Ancients, The Breeze, etc.

capt. scotty

No My Friend or Uncovering The Old??  :(

Ill be seeing them for the 1st time on Feb 17th
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

woodnymph

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 23, 2011, 12:20 PM

Ill be seeing them for the 1st time on Feb 17th

I will be there toooo! Goin with a friend or two! "The World May Never Know" was the first one to git me  8)  I also enjoy "It"

But I'm still a relatively no0 Dr. Dog fan, gotta see 'em live!  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ruckus

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jan 23, 2011, 11:15 AM

Y'all can let me know how it is!  Man, I got sick as hell the day of the show and wasn't even able to unload two tix for free for the sold out show. 

Bummer :(

jones

Nashville Saturday!!!

e_wind

Woo I'll be there. I had to ask off at my job that I started yesterday haha

jahabe08

Seeing them on the 10th in charlottesville.... Excited

e_wind

In line to see my first d.d show

EasyRyder

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 05, 2011, 08:58 PM
In line to see my first d.d show

let us know hot it goes!! I'll be at the Birmingham show on Monday, I'd love a show review from a trusty forum source  :thumbsup:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."