Main Menu

Dr. Dog v2.0

Started by e_wind, Dec 23, 2010, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMeMine

You're in for a treat Johnny:) they are one of my favorite bands to see live, you won't be disappointed.  I'm no audiophile but I think this record sounds pretty great.  I love the songs they selected as well, but they easily could have doubled it.  They don't have a bad song out there.  EverythingChanges I would also add Today to that list of missing Easy Beat songs.  Can't wait to see them again in MX plus they are doing a three night run in Chicago in April!
Everything passes...Everything changes...Just do what you think you should do

iLikeBeer

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 15, 2015, 07:29 PM
Quote from: IMeMine on Jan 15, 2015, 06:45 PM
Has anyone else listened to their new live album, Live at a Flamingo Hotel?  It's soooo good, and it's getting me even more excited for OBH.
Yes! Got the vinyl on Tuesday and love it! I'm a live Dr. Dog virgin, so I'm very psyched for their set at OBH.

You didn't see their set at Forecastle in 2012?  I missed the first part of it because it overlapped with Fruit Bats I think?  But what I did catch was great!   :beer:

EverythingChanges

Also, From would have been a great addition.

This album is GREAT.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

robb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 15, 2015, 07:29 PM
Quote from: IMeMine on Jan 15, 2015, 06:45 PM
Has anyone else listened to their new live album, Live at a Flamingo Hotel?  It's soooo good, and it's getting me even more excited for OBH.
Yes! Got the vinyl on Tuesday and love it! I'm a live Dr. Dog virgin, so I'm very psyched for their set at OBH.

I could have sworn I remembered seeing you in the pit during Dog's set at Forecastle '12.  OBH will be a real treat for you, John!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

jimsflyingv

For us across the pond: will there be a DVD/Blue Ray release of "Live at a Flamingo Hotel" similar to Okonokos ?

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Jan 23, 2015, 05:10 AM
For us across the pond: will there be a DVD/Blue Ray release of "Live at a Flamingo Hotel" similar to Okonokos ?

Doubtful. I believe (but someone correct me if i'm wrong) the live LP is a collection of songs over a tour of shows and not just one specific night. So they would have had to be taping each concert which I doubt they did.

IMeMine

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jan 23, 2015, 11:24 AM

Doubtful. I believe (but someone correct me if i'm wrong) the live LP is a collection of songs over a tour of shows and not just one specific night. So they would have had to be taping each concert which I doubt they did.

You are correct. They took a collection of songs, a sort of "best of," from their previous tour to create At a Flamingo Hotel.  BUT this current tour is in support of the album, so maybe they will start taping along the way.  Perhaps their eight nights in NY were for that very reason.  I'm hoping for a live DVD!

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: IMeMine on Jan 23, 2015, 03:00 PM
Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jan 23, 2015, 11:24 AM

You are correct. They took a collection of songs, a sort of "best of," from their previous tour to create At a Flamingo Hotel.  BUT this current tour is in support of the album, so maybe they will start taping along the way.  Perhaps their eight nights in NY were for that very reason.  I'm hoping for a live DVD!

I want to say they streamed at least one of the nights on video for Yahoo screen but I could be wrong. If that's the case then they had some cameras set up for at least one show.

There's nothing I love more than a good LIVE DVD of a band I enjoy. Would love to have a Dr. Dog one.

Murph

Yep, they streamed one of those shows on Yahoo I think it was. I was there 2 of the nights though and did not see any cameras. Coulda been incognito I suppose but I doubt it...

IMeMine

We just received this record today and it sounds so good, I had to share the first track.

http://youtu.be/opi-Ehyvz7c

Come Closer

Got this a couple days ago, excited to give it a spin tonight.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: IMeMine on Feb 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
We just received this record (and cassette) today and it sounds so good, I had to share the first track.

http://youtu.be/opi-Ehyvz7c

Sounding good!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

sb_gli

oistheone

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 18, 2014, 10:11 PM
Quote from: ajclements004 on Jun 18, 2014, 11:39 AM
O have you caught Dr. Dog recently?  They played Say Something in Louisville back in November!

That setlist killed me! That's the ONE show they played SS, and it was near the start of the tour. Thought that would mean they'd be tossing it in from time to time. Nope! One and done! Being a song-chaser is a tough gig.

Saw the Dog last night and THEY FINALLY FUCKING PLAYED SAY SOMETHING!!!!

They not only "played it" though.... they fucking jammed the fuck out of it!!! Feel like I won the goddamn lottery. I lost my shit.

THANK YOU DR DOG!

Murph

Cameron

pretty great surprise.  downloading now.

Derek713

Cameron

new album out 4/27.  i dig the first single.

MMJTX

Anytime