Main Menu

WEEN

Started by walterfredo, Dec 23, 2010, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Ween at Lockn kicked ass. Already looking forward to catching them again in Toronto in a couple weeks!

oistheone

Ween's show at TURF in Toronto this past weekend was my first true spiritual awakening to the boognish. Holy fuckin' shit, these guys are on fire. Saw 'em at Lockn, but I suppose I was not in quite brown enough of a mindset back then. Flash forward to Saturday night and the only thing more brown than the copious amounts of mud on the field was Ween's setlist. One of the first things Dean said upon hopping on stage was "we're Ween and we're here to fuck you with our music." Amen!!

Absolutely loved it from start to finish. The perfect combo of jammin' solos, hard-ass rockin', smooth groovin' and just batshit craziness. I laughed, I danced, I tranced -- I had the time of my life. "Voodoo Lady" was off the charts, but got quite a few rarities as well -- "Stallion Pt. 1" and "Stallion Pt. 5" were SO smokin', "Pollo Asado" was fuckin' hilarious and "Isreal" defies description. Gener broke out laughing towards the end of the latter, saying "we better stop this song now, I could do this all night." 

GOTTA SEE THESE GUYS AGAIN! That three night run at Port Chester is lookin' awwwwfully tempting right now...

Cameron

Good to hear. I hope they come to Texas soon. I've been dying to see them again since the reunion weekend in CO.

walterfredo

Really enjoyed both nights in SF this last weekend. So great to have them back playing some shows together.

oistheone

Those SF setlists looked absolutely perfect. That "Fluffy" night two closer was possibly the best they've played it since they got back together. Sooooo epic. Hoping more shows get announced soon!

Cameron

Out 11/18

GodWeenSatan Live was mixed from the multitrack recording and mastered by Tom Ruff. This 2LP set is pressed onto 180g white vinyl and includes a free MP3 download of the album. 

Uncertain whether or not to cancel their re-release party for GodWeenSatan: The Oneness on Sept. 14, 2001, just days after the tragic events of 9/11,  Ween took the stage at their local bar, John & Peter's, in New Hope, PA. What unfolded was pure catharsis from both the band and the packed crowd.  Ween ran through the album in its entirety and captured the show on 24-track tape.  This release, the band's first since 2008, is that never-before-heard recording.

Cameron

Anyone know what's up with Deaner? Saw something on Reddit about rehab.

walterfredo

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 21, 2019, 07:59 PM
Anyone know what's up with Deaner? Saw something on Reddit about rehab.

Have heard mixed chatter. It probably wouldn't be a bad thing if he was.

oistheone

Damn, hope he's alright. Seemed like they had February dates booked in Vegas (due to Dave's announced absence from JRAD's winter dates) but those got called off. Hoping whatever's troubling them gets worked out and they're back on the road soon!