Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Wife and I are in San Diego tonight and while we both love phish doubt we will be holed up in our hotel watching, too much great beer to enjoy! We will be webcasting the bakers dozen shows though.

LBSUNFLWR

very understandable.  :thumbsup:

easy way

ABSOLUTE ZERO! For those who haven't seen this projection, it's worth the look. Funny as hell that the writer credits 'unknown wook savant' for the work.  :grin:

https://www.relix.com/blogs/detail/the_absolute_zero_phish_theory_is_the_craziest_thing_ive_ever_seen
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Free webcast from the Nutter Center tonight. PHISH hasn't been there since 1997 and that show 20 years ago was an absolute smoker!

http://webcast.livephish.com
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

parkervb

I wouldn't consider myself a fan but I checked the Nutter show and was truly impressed with the 2nd set. I had never heard Mountains in the Mist and that was really great. The DWD jam and Ghost were pretty stellar as well.
Don't you ever turn it off

WinstonLegthigh

Caught them on Friday and Sunday in Chicago. Wasn't planning on it, but now strongly considering either a few of the Baker's Dozen shows or the 3 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park (CO) .

LBSUNFLWR

yeah I'm not really ever going to listen to them on my own but I like going along to the show. The energy in the crowd is really something special. I think they just might be the most adored band out there by their fans!

walterfredo

Quote from: WinstonLegthigh on Jul 20, 2017, 11:41 PM
Caught them on Friday and Sunday in Chicago. Wasn't planning on it, but now strongly considering either a few of the Baker's Dozen shows or the 3 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park (CO) .

we'll be at Dicks, for the second year in a row. Cannot go wrong seeing them there. While on paper it seems like just a soccer stadium, for some reason they really love it and the energy is great. MSG aint too shabby of a place to catch them either!

iLikeBeer

parkervb

Last night was great, listened to a recording from NYCtaper.

https://soundcloud.com/nyctaper/sets/phish-live-at-msg-july-22-2017

it's pretty fantastic what they are doing with the Bakers Dozen Donut themes. It's fun to speculate on the songs and then when the discussion of which Bakers show was best, instead of talking about Night 3 or Night 9, it will be "I think Red Velvet was WAAAAY better than Bear Claw"

and it gives them a blueprint for no repeats and if they pull that off over 30+ hours (or so) of live music , it's gotta be one of the greatest achievements in live music history (or am i being hyperbolic?)
Don't you ever turn it off

Varitek

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 23, 2017, 11:50 AM

it's pretty fantastic what they are doing with the Bakers Dozen Donut themes. It's fun to speculate on the songs and then when the discussion of which Bakers show was best, instead of talking about Night 3 or Night 9, it will be "I think Red Velvet was WAAAAY better than Bear Claw"

and it gives them a blueprint for no repeats and if they pull that off over 30+ hours (or so) of live music , it's gotta be one of the greatest achievements in live music history (or am i being hyperbolic?)

I'm with ya, I think it's great what they are doing.

Secondly, if anyone is interested in a certain night of this tour (or all)
I Have 256 cbr's to share.. 
pm's welcome
"Did he just put on a cape?"

cshum372

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 23, 2017, 11:50 AM

I am only a casual Phish fan ( have never seen them live!) but I think it's great that they are still bringing it at this point of their career! Baker's Dozen theme is the type of " fun" that they have always been known for- great that they still have such a playful spirit.

walterfredo

first weekend was fantastic, and tomorrow night's 'jam-filled donut' themed show should be amazing!

fingers crossed for the Boston Cream Donut themed show, with Boston covers and Cream covers (they have covered Boston's foreplay/longtime and Cream's crossroads in the past).

LBSUNFLWR

Very clever theme idea.

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 24, 2017, 05:02 PM
first weekend was fantastic, and tomorrow night's 'jam-filled donut' themed show should be amazing!

fingers crossed for the Boston Cream Donut themed show, with Boston covers and Cream covers (they have covered Boston's foreplay/longtime and Cream's crossroads in the past).

Are you speculating or is there a way to find out what donut flavor is on which night?  I can't find that info and am curious about Aug 5 as that is the night I will be going.

walterfredo

Quote from: APR on Jul 24, 2017, 08:57 PM

Are you speculating or is there a way to find out what donut flavor is on which night?  I can't find that info and am curious about Aug 5 as that is the night I will be going.

They've been announcing it before every show. Last night they posted what it would be for next show (Tuesday) very shortly after last nights show ended. Tuesday is "jam-filled" which is going to be insane.  https://www.instagram.com/phish/?hl=en

easy way

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 25, 2017, 12:30 AM
Quote from: APR on Jul 24, 2017, 08:57 PM

They've been announcing it before every show. Last night they posted what it would be for next show (Tuesday) very shortly after last nights show ended. Tuesday is "jam-filled" which is going to be insane.  https://www.instagram.com/phish/?hl=en

These 2nd sets have been stellar (including the Nutter Center show). The moment they launched into the end of DWD out of a nasty Split the other night was well worth the price of admission. Trickling in some nice Type II jams ahead of the 'Jam-filled' tuesday show is a sound indication that this one could be huge. 

APR

Thanks Walter.......powdered donut tonight.  I saw a few minutes of the stream from last night, and Trey does not stop smiling.

easy way

As soon as I hype up the 2nd sets... they pull off a 1st set for the ages! One thing I have always loved about this band is that they keep me on my fucking toes. Just when I think I have it all figured out, they drop a 1st set, 2nd slot Lawn Boy (sickest LB ever!) and smack me upside the head! Though... I should have known we were in for it when Sample went Type II. Not sure how they'll top last night, but surely the peak is somewhere down the road over the next 9 nights.

easy way

Quote from: APR on Jul 26, 2017, 12:57 PM
Thanks Walter.......powdered donut tonight.  I saw a few minutes of the stream from last night, and Trey does not stop smiling.

I guess we're in for a Chalkdust then... typically I'd yawn at that, but all bets are off after last night.