Author Topic: Phish  (Read 28564 times)

walterfredo

• got that old time feeling
Re: Phish
« Reply #200 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:56 PM »
fantastic 4 nights of phish in vegas. Will take me a full week to recover.

Halloween set was left with mixed feelings. Some didn't care for it, some thought it was pure genius. I was somewhere in the middle, but after having re-listened to it on my flight home yesterday, I think it was truly amazing. Nobody else could really have pulled that off like that. My wife kept saying "I think they're just making fun of us". It was fairly early into the set where most figured out it was all a hoax, this was not some obscure Swedish band's album, it was all original phish made to mimic 80s style swedish prog rock. And the stage setup and band outfits were great too.

Overall Night 3 was my favorite of the 4 nights. These guys are just on fire, full of energy and truly loving it right now. Very happy for them, and to be able to be witness to where they are at right now.   

parkervb

• got that old time feeling
    • Twitter
« Reply #201 on: Nov 05, 2018, 03:22 PM »
definitely seems like they are having as much fun as they've ever had. I've listed to iRokk a couple of times, I think a good chunk of the songs are going to fit in great for years to come. I really like Death Don't Hurt Very Long, We are Come To Outlive Our Brains and a few others.

Listening to Night 4 right now and this 2nd set is going to get a lot of play for me.

SET 2: Carini > 46 Days > Scents and Subtle Sounds > Crosseyed and Painless > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Possum > Split Open and Melt
ENCORE: Wading in the Velvet Sea, Character Zero
Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

« Reply #202 on: Nov 05, 2018, 03:22 PM »
Lots of rumors of Phish returning to Bonnaroo next summer, would be huge to see Roo get Phish and MMJ together on the bill.

Lynchie

« Reply #203 on: Nov 06, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Psyched for the 2 MSG shows I'll be going to. 12/29, 12/30

Phish management has been doing a great job of making sure taper tickets are getting in the hands of people taping.