Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

I love Widespread....Some of their live, jammy releases can be tedious as with all jambands but a lot of it isn't bad, when they are on they are great. I actually find their studio output pretty stellar, definitely better than any "jamband."

Not don't even get me started with String Cheese incident, Umphrey's or Moe. P.U.

I think Billy Beathes, Story and Farmhouse are the only solid Phish studio albums but, like the others, it is definitely worth finding more of their touted live releases to understand what they are all about.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

br00ke

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Apr 02, 2011, 01:05 AM
The Grateful Dead w/Jerry >> Phish
Phish > The Dead w/o Jerry

agreed !!!!!

it's no secret i'm a raging phish fan. i go to anywhere between 10 - 15 shows a year ( i did see MMJ 9 times last year though  :thumbsup: ) and i'm already slated for 8 shows out of the 1st summer leg. living in the NE makes that alot easier .. if i didn't live here things would be oh so different. phish shows have always seemed like home to me especially in that i've made oh so many friends over the years .. i can go to any one show and probably run into dozens of people i've known for 10+ years. sometimes the music is awesome-sauce and that's what i'm there for and other times it's more social / hanging out with old friends. 

as for superballz .. i'm not sure i'm going. in fact i'm feeling that i probably won't but i think that's more due to the fact i don't want to see my favorite bands with 30k+ others and most of my regular show folks aren't going. also, this new yorker doesn't have a car or camping gear (hey i live in nyc w/o a car, why do i need camping gear) and .. yeah.

maggie .. lemme know if you go though. if i do go, it'll probably be a last minute thing. i'm sorta waiting to hear what west coast dates might look like .. i wanna get back to the gorge!

walterfredo

Phish in Lake Tahoe is going to happen.  Wish I could make the gorge but we have a wedding to attend in Big Sur that saturday.  But...all in for Tahoe, which is looking like August 10/11.

the_wizzard

Quote from: br00ke on Apr 04, 2011, 10:16 AM

i'm sorta waiting to hear what west coast dates might look like .. i wanna get back to the gorge!
The Gorge dates have been rumored to be 8/5-8/6 (unofficial but everyone I know is swearing by these dates and have already booked their house or RV rentals).  This has made it impossible to get any of our west coast MMJ loving friends to commit to Red Rocks. 

ALady

Brooke, if you can find a car, I've got camping gear....diva camping too, air mattresses/sheets/blankets/fans/paper lanterns/fairy lights, no roughin' it for this girl    :bath:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

Lake Tahoe and Hollywood Bowl!! 

Aug 05 The Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA, United States

Aug 06 The Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA, United States

Aug 08 Hollywood Bowl
Hollywood, CA, United States

Aug 09 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys
Lake Tahoe, NV, United States

Aug 10 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys
Lake Tahoe, NV, United States

Aug 12 Outside Lands Festival
San Francisco, CA, United States

Aug 15 UIC Pavilion
Chicago, IL, United States

Aug 16 UIC Pavilion

Aug 17 UIC Pavilion

ALady

Three nights in my backyard!   :o  Thank you Phish!

Now if you could get around to scheduling your Alpine dates...I'd be much obliged   ;)

bold99

I used to go see Phish when I was younger...and then went last summer for a show..and remembered why I stopped going to Phish shows..lol.  It can be fun I hate dealing with their fans and they can not good at times...just a lot of noodle and no substance...but they do some great covers. 
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

walterfredo

Quote from: ALady on Apr 11, 2011, 03:09 PM

Now if you could get around to scheduling your Alpine dates...I'd be much obliged   ;)

I don't think alpine is happening this year. 

ALady

Shhhhh.  Let me believe.   ;)

jones

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 11, 2011, 04:28 PM
Quote from: ALady on Apr 11, 2011, 03:09 PM

I don't think alpine is happening this year.
...or Deer Creek. :-\

br00ke

i'm starting to think i'm gonna go to mmj @ red rocks instead of phish @ the gorge. i've done the gorge with them before and red rocks is easier for me plus i have friends that i owe a visit to in that area.  8 shows for 1st leg is gonna have to be enough and if i go to anything in the 2nd leg .. it'll be a closer game-time decision  :thumbsup: congrats west-coasties on finally getting some love!!

joey_rogo

anyone else going to bethel this weekend? sat/sun for me.

capt. scotty

I think Im hittin up Cleveland next weekend. Wish I could do Cincy too, but doubtful.

Im by no means the fan I was of them I was 6-8 years ago when I listened them more than any other band, but I always enjoy it when I throw on a show (I think all their albums are solid up thru Farmhouse, I mean, if you like the band I dont see how you can disagree since those are the songs youre hearing live, but its their improvisation/jamming that sets them apart so clearly the albums arent on that level).

Forget the Dead comparisons. As far as their greatness, IMO they can hang their hat on the fact that no other band of a similar genre has been able to touch them since their arrival almost 25 years ago.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

walterfredo

no 1st leg for me.  Hitting up Hollywood, Tahoe and probably oustsidelands. 

ericm

Passing on three pretty close to home Jersey shows to hit up the two in Alpharetta.

I'm always looking for any excuse to get down to Florida to see my daughter, and do a road trip with her. ;) Phish is her favorite band, and Alpharetta is one of my most favorite venues. If the shows are anywhere close to the ones there last year, we'll be in for another great time.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

pawpaw

ALady, did you go to the UIC show tonight (#1)? I just saw the setlist... :o
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

jones

Quote from: bbill on Aug 16, 2011, 12:34 AM
ALady, did you go to the UIC show tonight (#1)? I just saw the setlist... :o
Dang.  That is quite the setlist...

ALady

No, couldn't get tickets for anything but tonight.   :o setlist last night indeed!!

walterfredo

setlist indeed looked great.  I've been waiting 17 years, and over a 100+ shows to get an Alumni Blues...my 18 y/o nephew gets one at his first show.  :-\

I just got back from Hollywood>Tahoe x 2>Outsidelands and had a blast, as usual.  Good times.  They still know how to tear it up!