Main Menu

Delta Spirit

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Id like one of those History From Below's as my entree, but can I get some Ode To Sunshine for an appetizer??
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Did anyone see them on Carson Daly.  I dvr'd it and wow it was sick!  If the Parade vid's intro where dude is waving his crutches in the air isn't rock n' roll, I don't know what is. ;D

Delta Spirit - Bushwick Blues live on Last Call with Carson Daly

DeltaSpirit - Parade Live on Last Call with Carson Daly
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

I did and didnt catch it...I forgot that Carson does those pre-taped songs from live shows, and didnt plan on there being 2 songs, so I tuned in about halfway thru Bushwick and caught all of Parade...Both were great, and Im kind of glad I caught this after I saw them live because being so caught off guard by how much they rock live was part of why that show was one of thes best Ive ever seen.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wolof7

Friggin awesome rock n roll music
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

White Table on Jimmy last night was smokin'

mahg33ta

e_wind

If anyone has any live recordings of this band and could upload it I would be forever grateful. I really want to check out this band but I'm so broke.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

DS on Carson Daly tonight
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Quote from: BH on Jan 31, 2011, 04:51 PM
DS on Carson Daly tonight

Yeah, it must be a new one too because it says 2011..Theyre blowing up late night the last month or so! :o

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Check it out.   Delta Spirit's 4th Daytrotter Session.   All Tom Waits covers!

http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/delta-spirit-concert/20054660-110636.html

wolof7

Quote from: BH on Apr 29, 2011, 03:08 PM
Check it out.   Delta Spirit's 4th Daytrotter Session.   All Tom Waits covers!

http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/delta-spirit-concert/20054660-110636.html

Holy Shit this made my day, thanks BH! 
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

bluesky

Penny Lane

I shed a tear when i heard the Devil knows you're dead on the series finale of Friday Night Lights  :(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jul 19, 2011, 09:21 AM
I shed a tear when i heard the Devil knows you're dead on the series finale of Friday Night Lights  :(

Yes this was an amazing way to close out the series! The soundtrack team for FNL did an awesome job! They must be big Delta Spirit fans because I remember they also play "Trash Can" when Tammy and Julie go on some college visits in Season 4. Side note, the National's "Start a War" during Buddy Jr.'s tryout this season was most excellent...

Also, I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but Bo Koster was a co-producer on their their most recent album, so I am sure you St. Louis and KC peeps will get to see Bo play some during the opener!
Delta Spirit - History From Below
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ChronicHunger

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jul 21, 2011, 06:14 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Jul 19, 2011, 09:21 AM

Yes this was an amazing way to close out the series! The soundtrack team for FNL did an awesome job! They must be big Delta Spirit fans because I remember they also play "Trash Can" when Tammy and Julie go on some college visits in Season 4. Side note, the National's "Start a War" during Buddy Jr.'s tryout this season was most excellent...

Also, I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but Bo Koster was a co-producer on their their most recent album, so I am sure you St. Louis and KC peeps will get to see Bo play some during the opener!
Delta Spirit - History From Below
Hell yea dawwwggggggg shits gonna be tight...

capt. scotty

I had to check their tour with that mention, oh shit, had no idea they were opening for the Jacket. Props to them and for MMJ bringing them aboard.

Cool that FNL ended their series like that, Ive heard its good, but is it really as good as like the best shows from HBO, AMC, SHO, etc?

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 21, 2011, 07:56 PM

Cool that FNL ended their series like that, Ive heard its good, but is it really as good as like the best shows from HBO, AMC, SHO, etc?

Capt. Scotty, my review will not do the show any justice, but I highly recommend FNL. Kyle Chandler (Super 8 ) does an outstanding job as head coach Eric Taylor, and there are several other dynamic characters (Tim Riggins) that make the show a lot of fun to watch and cheer for. Also, as mentioned above, the soundtrack is excellent. Wilco, Avett Bros., Dan Auerbach, The National, Delta Spirit and many other favorites on this forum make the cut! Check out season one to get ready for this year's football season!

And remember...
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire