Main Menu

Delta Spirit

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jpugdawg

And a Newport show, a free show on Landsdowne & show downstairs at the Middle East. That first show Dawes opened for them,we bought the first Dawes cd from Griffin Goldsmith on the streets of Cambridge outside the club and that led us to many more Dawes shows. Where does it end ?

mahg33ta

I'm happy to report that I found last night's show WAY more enjoyable than April's dud.   I was worried I was on the downward slope with them but had a blast and thought they were great, both performance and set-list choice.

capt. scotty

Quote from: mahg33ta on Nov 29, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm happy to report that I found last night's show WAY more enjoyable than April's dud.   I was worried I was on the downward slope with them but had a blast and thought they were great, both performance and set-list choice.

I wonder if they realized their sudden change of sound and lack of soul didnt sit well with fans and didnt make them any more popular   :rolleyes:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

zanjam

Quote from: capt. scotty on Nov 29, 2012, 09:58 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Nov 29, 2012, 02:18 PM

I wonder if they realized their sudden change of sound and lack of soul didnt sit well with fans and didnt make them any more popular   :rolleyes:
I saw them in July and they were amazing.  Maybe they had realized it by then!  Or maybe it had to do with the fact that Ian O'Neill from Deer Tick was hanging out where I was and it tainted my view of the show?  Nah, I think it was a kick ass show.  Bump in the road.  I think they're back on track!
anything + reverb always = better

Mr. White

(12/26/2013) Delta Spirit will be on Austin City Limits tonight (second half of the show, Bob Mould is on for the first half of the show).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

he.who.forgets

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 26, 2013, 12:47 PM
(12/26/2013) Delta Spirit will be on Austin City Limits tonight (second half of the show, Bob Mould is on for the first half of the show).
:thumbsup:
Thanks for the heads up!

Angelo

I'm watching now. It's fantastic.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 03, 2013, 01:37 AM
I'm watching now. It's fantastic.

Is it online anywhere?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angelo

I don't know Scotty. I have it on my dvr.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

pjthom30

They got a new album out. So far I'm not so sure I like it.

johnnYYac

I ended up with an extra vinyl copy of Delta Spirit's latest LP, Into the Wide.  Its sealed, 180g clear vinyl, and comes with a download card.

It sells for $22.50 on Amazon

I'll sell it for $20 w/free shipping. 

I've got it posted on eBay with no takers, so I'm posting here before I drop the price there.  Let me know via PM or email if interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191701762186?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

uwmryan

Have you guys checked out Matt's solo EP that just came out?  It's all solid but this song in particular is pretty great: https://youtu.be/46nGB1-oMj8