Main Menu

Delta Spirit

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

If you guys are digging Delta Spirit, check out their daytrotter sessions, they've done 2 or 3. They even cover a Dawes song (Peace in the Valley) in one of them.

Kind of bummed I'm not going to the Newport Folk fest this year... had a great time last year (Jim, Prine, Dawes), and this year Delta Spirit and Middle Bro are playing.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jul 22, 2011, 09:51 AM
If you guys are digging Delta Spirit, check out their daytrotter sessions, they've done 2 or 3. They even cover a Dawes song (Peace in the Valley) in one of them.

Kind of bummed I'm not going to the Newport Folk fest this year... had a great time last year (Jim, Prine, Dawes), and this year Delta Spirit and Middle Bro are playing.

i'm going on Saturday---it'll be my first Newport FF experience..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mahg33ta

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jul 22, 2011, 10:27 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jul 22, 2011, 09:51 AM

i'm going on Saturday---it'll be my first Newport FF experience..

I'll be there too!  my first also...

capt. scotty

MMJ fans not familiar with them - or who have never seen them live - will be blown away how rocking their set is when they open for 'em Id guess
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

anyone know where one can obtain the Day Trotter sessions, or any of the old EPs?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

capt. scotty

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 05, 2011, 06:06 PM
anyone know where one can obtain the Day Trotter sessions, or any of the old EPs?

the Day Trotters you can d/l for free at daytrotter.com

as far as I know, they only have 1 EP, it came out prior to Ode To Sunshine. I'll try to upload it sometime soon.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

Yeah i think they only have 1 EP, i cant recall the name, but Im a fairly new fan so i wanted to be sure
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 05, 2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah i think they only have 1 EP, i cant recall the name, but Im a fairly new fan so i wanted to be sure

they have 2 EPs - I Think I've found it which is the old one (06?) and Waits Room which came out recently.   That one has a slow version of Bushwick Blues and John Henry, which is a song they played at most shows last tour.

capt. scotty

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 06, 2011, 09:52 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Sep 05, 2011, 07:02 PM

they have 2 EPs - I Think I've found it which is the old one (06?) and Waits Room which came out recently.   That one has a slow version of Bushwick Blues and John Henry, which is a song they played at most shows last tour.

Correct, forgot about Waits Room from last year. I Think Ive Found It is the one I have

lil sis

Just starting to get into them.  So far so good!  :thumbsup:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

mahg33ta

streaming live on ACL NOW!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Damnit I can't listen at work!

If you can find it (I think it is on the NPR website) try to get their set from Newport this year. A few new songs, and really energetic performance.

EasyRyder

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 16, 2011, 03:30 PM
streaming live on ACL NOW!

YES! This is sounding so good...I gotta catch them live after watching this. shiii

I really liked the new one they played, forgot the name of it though.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

mahg33ta

yes, that new song is really good (thanks Yagtf I do have the newport set).   they played it there too and both times have dedicated to anyone who's ever done construction or drywall.

Strange Vine is a great song.   I had underappreciated it until the first time I saw them live- everyone around me knew that song better than me and I understood why.   Now I love it.

mahg33ta

guys, you have a 1 hr time slot- you are killing it and making lots of new fans....

SO WHY LEAVE 15 MINS EARLY?!?

YouAre_GivenToFly

Listening to newport on my ipod now.... really really need to see this band live.

mahg33ta

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Sep 16, 2011, 04:45 PM
Listening to newport on my ipod now.... really really need to see this band live.

those couple of delta spirit / MMJ shows in early August were SO tempting, I just couldn't make it happen....

wolof7

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 16, 2011, 04:05 PM
Strange Vine is a great song.   I had underappreciated it until the first time I saw them live- everyone around me knew that song better than me and I understood why.   Now I love it.

definitely my favorite off of their first album  :thumbsup:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

capt. scotty

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 16, 2011, 05:46 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 16, 2011, 04:05 PM

definitely my favorite off of their first album  :thumbsup:

Id have to say my favorite is Children, followed closely by Bleeding Bells and Parade.

In the same vein as what g33ta was saying, none of them were my favorites until I had the album for a couple years.

BH

Just finished watching a replay of their acl fest set on youtube.   Awesome.  Brought back memories of st. louis mmj show.  They played a song of the new album.  It was sweet.   Matt said the album would be out around sxsw time.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.