Main Menu

Radiohead

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Dec 27, 2010, 07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna Moth

Quote from: woodnymph on Nov 11, 2011, 03:01 PM
Eeeewwww.....

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E004768D1108AE9?artistid=763468&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

::)

Tickets tomorrow at 10, seen panic there several times & others, its always legit when the band brings their own sound, and if your trippin and walkin around they have tvs playing the show with some good camera work  ;)

woodnymph

Quote from: Luna Moth on Nov 11, 2011, 05:57 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Nov 11, 2011, 03:01 PM
Eeeewwww.....

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E004768D1108AE9?artistid=763468&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

::)

Tickets tomorrow at 10, seen panic there several times & others, its always legit when the band brings their own sound, and if your trippin and walkin around they have tvs playing the show with some good camera work  ;)

Does the $80 include the psychedelics?!?!   :P 
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

e_wind

this is a nightmare trying to get tickets. I've been on "working" screen on ticket master for a while.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 12, 2011, 11:09 AM
this is a nightmare trying to get tickets. I've been on "working" screen on ticket master for a while.

Radiohead is probably the hardest concert ticket to score.  at least that's been my experience with them and I've been into them since the fake plastic trees video aired.  before In Rainbows they did that theater tour and I tried for multiple dates and was still locked out.   W.A.S.T.E. puts the presales out at like 4 or 5am EST time because they do it all via england time or whatever.  should be a really upbeat tour for those going to these shows from the things I've read it sounds like it's going to be mostly In Rainbows/King Of Limbs with rarities sprinkled in rather than the popular hits.  should be interesting.

is Clive touring with them?

e_wind

I got (bad) tickets for St. Louis. I got 4, and 2 of my buddies got 4. So were taking a serious caravan road trip to St. L! As a moderate fan, I will be pretty bummed if I do see any super hits.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Nov 12, 2011, 04:25 PM

Radiohead is probably the hardest concert ticket to score.  at least that's been my experience with them and I've been into them since the fake plastic trees video aired.  before In Rainbows they did that theater tour and I tried for multiple dates and was still locked out.   W.A.S.T.E. puts the presales out at like 4 or 5am EST time because they do it all via england time or whatever.  should be a really upbeat tour for those going to these shows from the things I've read it sounds like it's going to be mostly In Rainbows/King Of Limbs with rarities sprinkled in rather than the popular hits.  should be interesting.

I read that the reason they waited so long to tour was because Clive had other things going on, so I would assume he is.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Nov 14, 2011, 04:04 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Nov 12, 2011, 04:25 PM

I read that the reason they waited so long to tour was because Clive had other things going on, so I would assume he is.

couldn't be better news if you ask me.  I'd really love to hear clive on the gloaming or backdrifts or kid a or idioteque... so many possibilities for the intense electronic songs they barely ever play.   

http://www.ateaseweb.com/2011/10/18/ed-obrien-reveals-more-on-radioheads-2012-tour/

Radiohead have revealed more on their upcoming tour. Ed O'Brien talked about their 2012 tour with BBC 6Music.

Ed O'Brien spoke with with 6Music on their current live set: "I think the important thing is that it's got to be a set in itself, it's got to work. Last time we went out, it felt very much like In Rainbows plus the greatest hits. And it's not going to be like that this time. I guess it's going to be predominantly from this record and the last record, and then see which songs fit around that."

When asked when the tour should take place: "We're just finalizing dates for next year that will run from the end of february to i guess november. We'll be in the UK, we'll be in the US, the usual ports of call."

And on the type of venues the band will be playing: "Some of the shows will be outside, but the ones in Europe will are gonna be inside and I think that's very much a reaction to when we played last time, we did all outside shows. We played in the height of summer and compromised our production. We'd like to give Andi, our lighting guy a good crack of the whip of the production. Outdoor gigs can be great, but the sound can get diluted a bit. You miss the bass as well. Outside gigs can be the gigs, but you're at the mercy of the elements and I think the record demands a space where the music is loud, strong and detailed."   

e_wind

I just posted this in the Wilco thread. Same question, different band. The only difference is that I dont know Radiohead too well at all, outside some big Ok Computer and In Rainbows songs

"Got a question for you guys:
I'm trying to convince my lady that Wilco will be her second favorite modern band, and she's trying to convince me the same of Radiohead. What is your favorite song for a mix - and why? Im still in my discovery phase myself, and just keep saying "Yankee hotel foxtrot is perfect". I want to make a mix, but don't feel I'm entitled to do so because I don't even own Wilco (the album) or Sky Blue Sky.  I find if there is a reason why it's awesome, a small musical detail or lyric, it's easier to jump into. For example, if I was to tell someone to listen to jacket I could say "listen to dondante - because when the "you had me worried" part kicks in, it's amazing.

Also, if you like Radiohead, head to that thread for the same post :)"

marino13

Big fan of Radiohead also and just got tickets to see them in St. Louis. 

-The climax of "Fake Plastic Trees" (The Bends).  I really love all of that album.
-The bridge and finish of "Let Down"(OK Computer) when he sings "some day I am gonna grow wings......" and his voice is double tracked behind it and he is wailing a melody (no words) along with.  It is gorgeous.
-"Paranoid Android"(OK Comp) the part when he is singing "rain down, rain down, come on rain down on me", once again with humming behind it.
-"How To Disappear Completely" - a dreary song that bursts out with emotion toward the end with Thom Yorke wailing once again and the strings swelling behind him. 
-"2+2=5"(Hail to the Thief)- rocks at the end "you have not been...paying attention, paying attention"
-"Where I End and You Begin"(Hail ttThief)- LOVE the bass in this song and then "I will eat you alive.." at the end.
-"There There" (Hail tt Thief) - a mellow song with cool bongos really busts out at the end after the "why so green and lonely, lonely....heaven sent you to me, to me" part.  Goosebumps every time.
-"Like Spinning Plates" (I Might Be Wrong - Live Recordings)- Haunting piano tune that is way different than the version on Amnesiac.

e_wind

I just got st Louis tickets as well. Figured it's a band I need to see

APR

Radiohead's great songs are beyond stellar.  But when I listen to their albums, there are always songs I skip.  They're just too maudlin.  But the songs that are so good propel Radiohead into one of my top 5 favorite bands.  I've seen them a few times and hope they add a show to my area because they are not to be missed.  Even though a bunch of King of Limbs songs are "skipable" in my opinion, they were really good on the recent From The Basement show on Palladia (which is coming out on DVD).

Standout tracks that all sound very different and a varied mix of their soun:  Sweet Spirit (Thom singing "Fade Out Again" could get one hooked like "you had me worried" has the ability to), Myxomatosis, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, Optimistic, Airbag, Electioneering.... so many good ones. 

Luna Moth

comcast ondemand - music - all live music (non hd)- the 39 minute Radiohead compilation - clean up exploeded skull fragments

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

the part in morning bell on kid a where thom's all "walking walking walking walking walking walking" is one of my favorite radiohead moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwGWptsOls&feature=player_detailpage#t=197s

kotchishm

The Daily Mail/Staircase single is available today from the King of Limbs sessions

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/Store/DII-1104-5-the+daily+mail++staircase(mp3)+19.12.2011.html

Why not this Radiohead

1. Bloom
2. Morning Mr Magpie
3. Little by Little
4. Feral
5. Lotus Flower
6. Codex
7. Give Up the Ghost
8. Separator
9. Supercollider
10. The Butcher
11. The Daily Mail
12. Staircase

Could have been magical.....
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Dingo

Anybody heard of any plans to expand the U.S. tour?  They are skipping some huge cities (NY, LA, CHI).  Why play Tampa and not Chicago?  I did see them in Tampa on their last tour and it was mind altering.  Problem is, I don't live in Tampa anymore!  :(

wonderfulman

I just found out that I'll be volunteering at this year's SXSW. Luckily, Radiohead is playing Austin the same week I will be there. Unfortunately, tickets for the show are completely Sold Out.

Does anyone have 1 extra ticket for the Austin Texas show?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Dingo on Dec 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
Anybody heard of any plans to expand the U.S. tour?  They are skipping some huge cities (NY, LA, CHI).  Why play Tampa and not Chicago?  I did see them in Tampa on their last tour and it was mind altering.  Problem is, I don't live in Tampa anymore!  :(

I'd expect more.  sounds like they want to play indoors so I could see a late winter/spring run.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

2012 Tour Debut:

Radiohead
American Airlines Arena
Miami, FL
2-27-2012

Setlist
01. Bloom
02. The Daily Mail
03. Morning Mr. Magpie
04. Staircase
05. The National Anthem
06. Meeting In the Aisle (Live Debut)
07. Kid A
08. The Gloaming
09. Codex
10. You and Whose Army?
11. Nude
12. Identikit (new song)
13. Lotus Flower
14. There There
15. Feral
16. Idioteque
17. Seperator

Encore 1
18. Airbag
19. Bodysnatchers
20. Cut a Hole $ (new song)
21. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Encore 2
22. Give Up The Ghost
23. Reckoner
24. Karma Police

$ With Clive Deemer on piano 

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Fully

Looks like you had a good night, Sticky. Those pictures make me want to go to bonnaroo now to see them. Maybe I'll buy a scalped ticket and just go on the night they play.