Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: Murph on Feb 03, 2017, 04:39 PM
I saw U2 at MSG in probably 2006.  They played that song Vertigo (ya know.. "uno, dos, tres, catorce!) TWICE.  I've never been to any other show where a song was played twice haha.

I once saw Chuck Berry play Roll Over Bethoven three times in an eleven song show!   :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Feb 21, 2017, 12:54 AM
I saw U2 at MSG in probably 2006.  They played that song Vertigo (ya know.. "uno, dos, tres, catorce!) TWICE.  I've never been to any other show where a song was played twice haha.

I once saw Chuck Berry play Roll Over Bethoven three times in an eleven song show!   :grin:

That sure beats the time saw Neil Young in 1989 at Red Rocks when he double-dipped Keep On Rocking in the Free World! But that was apparently something he did regularly on that tour, it was the second tune out the gate and then the set closer.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sillyboob

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 21, 2017, 01:40 PM
Quote from: ericm on Feb 21, 2017, 12:54 AM

That sure beats the time saw Neil Young in 1989 at Red Rocks when he double-dipped Keep On Rocking in the Free World! But that was apparently something he did regularly on that tour, it was the second tune out the gate and then the set closer.

I saw Pearl Jam at Golden Gate Park back in 1995, Neil Young was there to guest during the encore.  Long story short, Eddie Vedder gets food poisoning, he bails, Neil Young comes out and plays a 14 song set with Pearl Jam.  They played Rockin In The Free World during the set and then again as the set closer, both versions were the electric version, as much as I can remember.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

parkervb

in what was looking like a dry spring & summer for shows in my area, I now have dates for Isbell w/ J Roddy & the Business, Greensky Bluegrass and TTB.

If we get a Friday MPP date for Jacket in July, I will be a happy guy.
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

really looking forward to some new j roddy.

johnnYYac

Mar. 24    Christopher Titus @ Englert Theatre, Iowa City, IA
Mar. 26    Conor Oberst w/Felice Brothers @ Englert Theatre, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 01    Whitney @ The Mill, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 06    Cloud Nothings @ Gabe's, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 07    Tennis @ Gabe's, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 22    The Flaming Lips @ Hoyt Sherman Place, Des Moines, IA
May 06    Jason Isbell w/Strand of Oaks, Limelight Eventplex, Peoria, IL
Jun  08    Son Volt @ Codfish Hollow Barnstormers, Maquoketa, IA
Jun  17    John Moreland w/Will Johnson @ Codfish Hollow Barnstormers, Maquoketa, IA
Aug.4-5   alt-J, Ryan Adams, Gary Clark Jr., The Head and the Heart, Dwight Yoakam, Shakey Graves, Foxygen, Nikki Lane, JD McPherson, The Cactus Blossoms, Max Jury, and Annalibera @ Hinterland Festival, St. Charles, IA
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 06, 2017, 10:47 AM
in what was looking like a dry spring & summer for shows in my area, I now have dates for Isbell w/ J Roddy & the Business, Greensky Bluegrass and TTB.

I wish J Roddy would add some more dates!  I'm jonesin' for some live J Roddy!!!

Derek713

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 06, 2017, 04:57 PM
Jun  17    John Moreland w/Will Johnson @ Codfish Hollow Barnstormers, Maquoketa, IA
Aug.4-5   alt-J, Ryan Adams, Gary Clark Jr., The Head and the Heart, Dwight Yoakam, Shakey Graves, Foxygen, Nikki Lane, JD McPherson, The Cactus Blossoms, Max Jury, and Annalibera @ Hinterland Festival, St. Charles, IA

I saw Son Volt for the first time last weekend. They were great! Are The Felice Brothers opening for Conor in Iowa City? They are opening up for him in Houston. I am really looking forward to that one.

Cameron

i bought tix for the austin show but are they actually opening or just his backing band?  i know there's another opener here.

Derek713

Hmmm..???? I took it as they were both. I will have to see if I can find out for sure.

Derek713

It looks like The Felice Brothers last show with Conor is 3/26. I don't think they will be in Austin since it is in May.

# The Felice Brothers support - Houston

% Phoebe Bridgers support - Austin

MMJTX

I really wanna go see Conor in Houston the 17th but the gf wants to go see William Clark Green, gonna be a battle. But it's St. Patty's Day so either will be fun :beer:
Anytime

Cameron

Quote from: Derek713 on Mar 10, 2017, 12:05 PM
It looks like The Felice Brothers last show with Conor is 3/26. I don't think they will be in Austin since it is in May.

# The Felice Brothers support - Houston

% Phoebe Bridgers support - Austin

Well shit. I totally missed that. I would have gone to San Antonio next week instead.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Derek713 on Mar 10, 2017, 10:50 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 06, 2017, 04:57 PM

I saw Son Volt for the first time last weekend. They were great! Are The Felice Brothers opening for Conor in Iowa City? They are opening up for him in Houston. I am really looking forward to that one.
Yeah, Felice Bros. opening in Iowa City.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

parkervb

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 06, 2017, 10:47 AM

^^^ happy guy
Don't you ever turn it off

LBSUNFLWR

Really THRILLED about all this:

March 22 - Southern Soul Assembly @ The Brown Theatre, Louisville, KY
March 24 – Chuck Prophet @ South Gate House Revival, Newport, KY
March 25 - Chris Robinson Brotherhood @ Manchester Music Hall, Lexington, KY
March 30 - Dark Star Orchestra @ The Mercury Ballroom, Louisville, KY
April 8 – The Last Waltz 40 @ The Palace, Louisville, KY
April 22 – Wussy @ The Woodward Theater, Cincinnati, OH
April 28 - All Them Witches @ Zanzabar, Louisville, KY
May 13 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers @ Deer Creek Amphitheater, Noblesville, IN
May 28 - Roger Waters @ KFC Yum Center, Louisville, KY
June 13 - Sigur Ros @ The Palace, Louisville, KY
June 16 - U2 @ Papa John's Cardinals Stadium, Louisville, KY
June 22 – My Morning Jacket @ PNC Pavilion, Cincinnati, OH
July 1 - Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit @ PNC Pavilion, Cincinnati, OH
July 7 - My Morning Jacket @ Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
July 22 - Tedeschi Trucks/Wood Brothers/Hot Tuna @ Rose Music Ctr, Huber Heights, OH
August 6 - James Taylor & Bonnie Raitt @ Yum Center, Louisville, KY
August 24 – The Magpie Salute @ Mercury Ballroom, Louisville, KY

littlejimfromxavier

3/22: Dinosaur Jr. - Louisville, KY
4/22: The Districts - Champaign, IL
4/26: The Districts - Lexington, KY
4/28: All Them Witches - Louisville, KY
4/29: Balance & Composure - Louisville, KY
5/22: Ty Segall - Louisville, KY
5/28: Roger Waters - Louisville, KY (splurged for 9th row!!)
6/8: Car Seat Headrest - Louisville, KY
6/22: MMJ - Cincinnati, OH
7/7: MMJ - Nashville, TN
7/8: MMJ - Charlotte, NC
7/14-7/16: Forecastle Festival - Louisville, KY
8/10: MMJ - Columbus, OH

Pretttty damn excited.

MarkW

No MMJ dates yet announced for Europe, but Spring/Summer is shaping up nicely so far:

1 Apr - Wolf People - Hebden Bridge Trades Club
6 Apr - Wolf People - Islington Assembly Hall
28 May - Iron Maiden - 02 Arena London
14 Jun - Thee Oh Sees - Manchester Academy
21 Jun - Kikagaku Moyo - Manchester Deaf Institute
24 Jun - ELO - Wembley
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

LBSUNFLWR

Fun weekend ahead: Friday night we're seeing Chuck Prophet at a small venue in Newport, KY called Southgate House Revival. It's an old church turned music venue, complete with stained glass windows and all. Really cool spot. Never seen Chuck Prophet before, and another Chuck, the singer from Wussy, will be opening the show. My boyfriend is really into Wussy so this will be really cool for him.

And then Saturday night we're going to Lexington to see the Chris Robinson Brotherhood!!! To me one of the best bands out there touring. They put on a 2 set, 3 hour show every night. Neal Casal has only gotten better every time I've seen them and Chris Robinson is still my favorite front man to see live! so excited!

Crispy

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 23, 2017, 09:05 AM
Fun weekend ahead: Friday night we're seeing Chuck Prophet at a small venue in Newport, KY called Southgate House Revival. It's an old church turned music venue, complete with stained glass windows and all. Really cool spot. Never seen Chuck Prophet before, and another Chuck, the singer from Wussy, will be opening the show. My boyfriend is really into Wussy so this will be really cool for him.

Wow, this sounds very cool, and with Chuck Cleaver! I am also a big Wussy fan and I'll be going to Cincinnati for their show at the Woodward on April 22. Any chance you guys might go to that too?

That CRB will be great too, Neal Casal is the BIZNESS.  :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"