Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 23, 2017, 09:26 AM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 23, 2017, 09:05 AM
Fun weekend ahead: Friday night we're seeing Chuck Prophet at a small venue in Newport, KY called Southgate House Revival. It's an old church turned music venue, complete with stained glass windows and all. Really cool spot. Never seen Chuck Prophet before, and another Chuck, the singer from Wussy, will be opening the show. My boyfriend is really into Wussy so this will be really cool for him.

Wow, this sounds very cool, and with Chuck Cleaver! I am also a big Wussy fan and I'll be going to Cincinnati for their show at the Woodward on April 22. Any chance you guys might go to that too?

That CRB will be great too, Neal Casal is the BIZNESS.  :beer:

Yes we will be there at The Woodward on April 22nd. We saw them there last year as well and got to speak to the guitar/pedal steel player before the show at the merch table. That place is small and pretty cool. He just discovered Wussy like a year ago and fell in love. I tend to like Lisa's songs more but I like it all too.

Crispy

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 23, 2017, 09:41 AM
Fun weekend ahead: Friday night we're seeing Chuck Prophet at a small venue in Newport, KY called Southgate House Revival. It's an old church turned music venue, complete with stained glass windows and all. Really cool spot. Never seen Chuck Prophet before, and another Chuck, the singer from Wussy, will be opening the show. My boyfriend is really into Wussy so this will be really cool for him.

Wow, this sounds very cool, and with Chuck Cleaver! I am also a big Wussy fan and I'll be going to Cincinnati for their show at the Woodward on April 22. Any chance you guys might go to that too?

Yes we will be there at The Woodward on April 22nd. We saw them there last year as well and got to speak to the guitar/pedal steel player before the show at the merch table. That place is small and pretty cool. He just discovered Wussy like a year ago and fell in love. I tend to like Lisa's songs more but I like it all too.

Cool!  If you care to meet up for some pregaming before the show, I'll be around, I'm staying a block away from the theater that night.

I like Lisa's songs best too.  :smiley: 
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 23, 2017, 10:28 AM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 23, 2017, 09:41 AM

Cool!  If you care to meet up for some pregaming before the show, I'll be around, I'm staying a block away from the theater that night.

I like Lisa's songs best too.  :smiley: 

I'll message you before the show so we can say hi for sure! :)

Crispy

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 23, 2017, 11:44 AM
I'll message you before the show so we can say hi for sure! :)

Right on! :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

slappymoe

going to see rhiannon giddens at the KCD theater june 10th.  important question for any fellow louisvillian who has seen a show there:  do they serve alcohol?

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: slappymoe on Mar 28, 2017, 11:28 AM
going to see rhiannon giddens at the KCD theater june 10th.  important question for any fellow louisvillian who has seen a show there:  do they serve alcohol?

Yes they do. I have seen 5-6 shows there. They set up a bar in the lobby.
The place is really nice inside and small and has incredible sound.

slappymoe

thanks! since it's on a school campus, I wasn't sure of their rules.  I guess they'd have a hard time attracting concert-goers in this town if they didn't offer adult beverages! :beer:

LBSUNFLWR

yeah, probably.
I really like it there. It's a different experience seeing a show there. Very calm atmosphere. I have seen quieter acoustic shows mostly. Not a bad seat in the house.

slappymoe

wilco at the iroquois amphitheater!!!   :thumbsup:

roger waters - may 28
rhiannon giddens - june 10
wilco - june 11
and i'm off work monday, june 12

Mr. White

Quote from: slappymoe on Mar 29, 2017, 04:45 PM
wilco at the iroquois amphitheater!!!   :thumbsup:

roger waters - may 28
rhiannon giddens - june 10
wilco - june 11
and i'm off work monday, june 12

I'm taking my brother to that Louisville Roger Waters show.
Seeing Joan Shelley (for maybe the 20th time) at Headliners on June 10th.
I'm also going to that Wilco show on June 11th.
Seeing MMJ in Cincinnati and Nashville.

Edit: Just added Ben Sollee - Tibetan Freedom Concert - Center For The Performing Arts - Louisville on April 23rd.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MMJTX

Shovels & Rope tonight in Houston!
Anytime

Murph

Has anyone ever seen Chicano Batman?? 

I'm trying to make it into their show at the Bowery ballroom tonight.

johnnYYac

Apr. 01    Whitney @ The Mill, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 06    Cloud Nothings @ Gabe's, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 07    Tennis @ Gabe's, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 19    Dead Man Winter @ The Mill, Iowa City, IA
Apr. 22    The Flaming Lips @ Hoyt Sherman Place, Des Moines, IA
May 06    Jason Isbell w/Strand of Oaks, Limelight Eventplex, Peoria, IL
May 24    Justin Townes Earle @Englert Theatre, Iowa City, IA
Jun  02    Son Volt @ Iowa Arts Festival, Iowa City, IA
Jun  03    Elephant Revival @ Iowa Arts Festival, Iowa City, IA
Jun  08    Son Volt @ Codfish Hollow Barnstormers, Maquoketa, IA
Jun  17    John Moreland w/Will Johnson @ Codfish Hollow Barnstormers, Maquoketa, IA
July  7-8  80/35 Festival, Western Gateway Park, Des Moines, IA
Aug.4-5   @ Hinterland Festival, St. Charles, IA w/alt-J, Ryan Adams, Gary Clark Jr., The Head and the Heart, Dwight Yoakam, Shakey Graves, Foxygen, Nikki Lane, JD McPherson, The Cactus Blossoms, Max Jury, and Annalibera
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 31, 2017, 08:56 AM
Shovels & Rope tonight in Houston!

good show last night.

ManNamedTruth

I saw Shovels & Rope too a couple months ago and they were awesome.

I got The Decemberists, Ty Segall, Tool,  and Wilco all coming up and a few I'm considering.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

LBSUNFLWR

Going to The Last Waltz 40 tomorrow night. Should be a pretty special show!

parkervb

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 08, 2017, 12:36 AM

how was it?
Don't you ever turn it off

MMJTX

SUSTO in Dallas on Saturday April 15th!!!! will be my 3rd time to see them and 1st time since & I'm Fine Today came out. pretty pumped
Anytime

Cameron

And Parker from The Whigs is opening.  I wish I could make it up for that one.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 10, 2017, 09:06 AM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 08, 2017, 12:36 AM

how was it?

Pretty incredible! Taj Mahal came out for 3/4 of the show, wasn't expecting that!!! Warren singing Caravan was the highlight of the show for me. But the whole night was fantastic. Shame The Palace was only about 3/4 full.  People don't know what they're missing.