Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidus

"De Staat" on Thursday. You probably don't know them, a Dutch band from my hometown ;). One of the best (and biggest) Dutch bands at the moment imo (yeah, our music scene sucks pretty hard  :(). They're playing a hometown show, and a lot of my friends are going, so it's gonna be great for sure ;)
De Staat - The Fantastic Journey Of The Underground Man
DE STAAT - Wait for evolution

ralph

Screamadelica live is freakin' awesome Mark... You're gonna love it. Higher Than the Sun indeed!!!

Less than 2 week to Eddie-fest!!! Plus throw a Stone Temple Pilots gig in the middle for good measure.

March is gonna rock like it's 1994 8)
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

weeniebeenie

Justin Townes Earle (again) tonight and Sunday!!!!!! After this, bring on Eddie. :D
How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 03, 2011, 10:21 PM
Justin Townes Earle (again) tonight and Sunday!!!!!! After this, bring on Eddie. :D

I'd love to see JTE, I keep missing him...Enjoy Weenie!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: MarkW on Feb 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
Quote from: dragonboy on Feb 27, 2011, 11:29 AM
Mar 24th - Arbouretum (my new fav band)
Mar 29th - Elbow

Hey DB, how's things?

Upcoming for me:

Primal Scream - Screamadelica Live - Brixton Academy, London, 26 March
Roger Waters - The Wall Live - Barcelona, 29 March
Josh T. Pearson - ICA London, 1 April

Wow, Dboy and Mark---Jealous of you both..Elbow and Primal Scream--on my bucket list
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 03, 2011, 11:25 PM
Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 03, 2011, 10:21 PM

I'd love to see JTE, I keep missing him...Enjoy Weenie!
Thanks Penny!!

mahg33ta

Ruckus

Mar 29th - Elbow

Damn DB!  I just found out last week that Arbouretum was a local band and they totally flew under my radar!  They played their CD release show here a few weeks back while I was up in NY with one of my favorite local acts opening for them.  Then they played this Saturday and I couldn't make it because I was out of town for a friend's birthday.  I fear I missed their stretch of local gigs and they are off across the pond now to hang with you. :'(

Enjoy :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

dragonboy

Quote from: MarkW on Feb 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
Mar 29th - Elbow

Hey DB, how's things?

Upcoming for me:

Primal Scream - Screamadelica Live - Brixton Academy, London, 26 March
Roger Waters - The Wall Live - Barcelona, 29 March
Josh T. Pearson - ICA London, 1 April

Not bad thanks Mark! You get tickets for Josh @ Union Chapel? Looking forward to seeing you again on the 1st  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 07, 2011, 01:46 AM
Mar 29th - Elbow

Damn DB!  I just found out last week that Arbouretum was a local band and they totally flew under my radar!  They played their CD release show here a few weeks back while I was up in NY with one of my favorite local acts opening for them.  Then they played this Saturday and I couldn't make it because I was out of town for a friend's birthday.  I fear I missed their stretch of local gigs and they are off across the pond now to hang with you. :'(

Shit, don't you just hate it when that happens?! Can't wait to see them later this month...

(Good to hear from you Rob!)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

Bright Eyes on Wednesday
Cold war kids-March 26th
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

headhunter

lucinda williams this friday at webster hall.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ralph

weeniebeenie

Quote from: ralph on Mar 13, 2011, 03:28 AM
2 sleeps til Eddie!  :thumbsup:

I've got 4. Have fun!!!!!!  :)

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 14, 2011, 12:27 AM
Quote from: ralph on Mar 13, 2011, 03:28 AM
2 sleeps til Eddie!  :thumbsup:

I've got 4. Have fun!!!!!!  :)

Based on the setlists from Brisbane, fun is a given! Just gotta hope the 10 club ticket gods are smiling on us...

Ruckus

Quote from: dragonboy on Mar 07, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mar 29th - Elbow

Shit, don't you just hate it when that happens?! Can't wait to see them later this month...

Always great to hear from you too man!  I'm loving my next month or so if all works out.  A lot of other good stuff is coming around but I'm not sure I could line up 4 better than this right now!

3/31 - Lyrics Born - 8x10 Club
4/3 - Black Angels - 9:30 Club
4/19 - Mogwai - 9:30 Club - THIS ONE's FOR YOU DB! - I'm not a big Mogwai fan but your review of them sold me.  It was them or Agalloch at Sonar and Mogwai won.
4/22 - RUSH - 1st Mariner Arena

johnnYYac

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 14, 2011, 02:36 AM
Mar 29th - Elbow

Always great to hear from you too man!  I'm loving my next month or so if all works out.  A lot of other good stuff is coming around but I'm not sure I could line up 4 better than this right now!

4/19 - Mogwai - 9:30 Club - THIS ONE's FOR YOU DB! - I'm not a big Mogwai fan but your review of them sold me.  It was them or Agalloch at Sonar and Mogwai won.
I was going to suggest crashing that party if this was during my April break, but no such luck.  You'd show me a good time, eh Rob? 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

darkglow

Good week of live music and celebration for me. Tomorrow night it's G. Love and Special Sauce right down the street at Vinyl Music Hall and then on Thursday (st. paddy's day) it's Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings at Vinyl.. I will not feel very energetic for work on Friday :beer:

TheBigChicken

Dr Dog in St Pete in April....connot WAIT :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ruckus

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 14, 2011, 09:47 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 14, 2011, 02:36 AM
Mar 29th - Elbow

I was going to suggest crashing that party if this was during my April break, but no such luck.  You'd show me a good time, eh Rob?
I don't see how it couldn't be.   :beer:  Actually moving into a new house that week so there will be plenty o' room.