Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Quote from: darkglow on Mar 14, 2011, 10:09 PM
Good week of live music and celebration for me. Tomorrow night it's G. Love and Special Sauce right down the street at Vinyl Music Hall and then on Thursday (st. paddy's day) it's Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings at Vinyl.. I will not feel very energetic for work on Friday :beer:
'

What's your plan for tonight?  I'm thinking about going up to the brewery beforehand - if it's not too crowded.

tdb810

April 16 - Chris Cornell, Wellmont Theater
April 28 - Buffalo Tom, Bowery Ballroom

:) ;) :D
.....Back at the Model Home

darkglow

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 15, 2011, 09:56 AM
Quote from: darkglow on Mar 14, 2011, 10:09 PM
Good week of live music and celebration for me. Tomorrow night it's G. Love and Special Sauce right down the street at Vinyl Music Hall and then on Thursday (st. paddy's day) it's Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings at Vinyl.. I will not feel very energetic for work on Friday :beer:
'

What's your plan for tonight?  I'm thinking about going up to the brewery beforehand - if it's not too crowded.
which brewery, jon?

Jon T.

Pcola Bay Brewery. Heading there now and then maybe Hopjacks

darkglow

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 15, 2011, 08:05 PM
Pcola Bay Brewery. Heading there now and then maybe Hopjacks

hell i guess i'll roll my ass into gear and get ready to roll out.. i'll shoot you a text when i'm in the car

weeniebeenie

Eddie Vedder tomorrow!!!!!!!! (And Saturday and Sunday :))
How loud can silence get?

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 17, 2011, 05:55 AM

You're gonna have a blast weenie! The last two nights have been amazing. Have fun!

I have a week off from Eddie now. Gotta switch into Stone Temple Pilots mode now.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Penny Lane

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 17, 2011, 05:55 AM

oh wow....weenie, i bet you're in all your glory right now!! 2 shows!  :thumbsup:

ralph, you're an animal!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

devilsallie

Psychedelic Furs, BABY -- AWWWW YEAH!!  :thumbsup:

ALady

Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths
2.27 The Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ruckus

Quote from: ALady on Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.24 Dum Dum Girls, Minks
2.26 Smith Westerns, Braids, Baths
2.27 Trey Anastasio Band, the Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs
Pretty weak list there sister :P  But you'd be proud of me because I actually downloaded Kaputt and really liked it.  I never thought I'd enjoy it but it never sounded pretentious and all the arrangements made sense.   As I know you know, Bejar really knows what he's doing and it made me "get it."  I particularly loved all the trumpets chucked in there...I think....

That's my concession for the year :-X
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

I AM proud of you! That's a great disc. Now I'm sorry I didn't make it to any of the J Roddy or Kylesa sets in Austin...  :embarassed:

Ruckus

Quote from: ALady on Mar 24, 2011, 01:33 AM
I AM proud of you! That's a great disc. Now I'm sorry I didn't make it to any of the J Roddy or Kylesa sets in Austin...  :embarassed:
I'm kinda glad you didn't make it to any J Roddy gigs there.  They were all rather sick the whole week and made it clear that the SXSW music scenester scene wasn't for them though they're vets of it now.  They said they were more excited for doing the Rachel Ray show so they can play for regular, non music snob folks.  I'm sure it wouldn't have replicated my J Roddy experiences.

My girlfriend got the newest Decibel mag this week and there was a mini diary by Laura Pleasants of Kylesa documenting their last tour and she put the DC show at the Black Cat at the top of her list.  I don't remember much of the show but I'm glad I was able to contribute to her appreciation.  Did I forget to mention I'm in love with her.  Well her and the Leopold and his Fiction's bassist. :-*

ALady

Heh...the Rachael Ray party is the worst of them all!   ;D  For what it's worth, they were getting really positive buzz all week - sick or no.

And you're the second dude I've talked to tonight who's crushin on that Kylesa broad  ;D  Line forms to the left....

Ruckus

Quote from: ALady on Mar 24, 2011, 01:58 AM
Heh...the Rachael Ray party is the worst of them all!   ;D  For what it's worth, they were getting really positive buzz all week - sick or no.

And you're the second dude I've talked to tonight who's crushin on that Kylesa broad  ;D  Line forms to the left....
I'd prefer you use less sexist terminology.  She drinks whiskey

ManNamedTruth

So, Weezer is coming and I never saw them. If they somehow decide to play Pinkerton in its entirety, I would consider going.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ALady

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 24, 2011, 02:02 AM
Quote from: ALady on Mar 24, 2011, 01:58 AM

I'd prefer you use less sexist terminology.  She drinks whiskey

Everyone knows whiskey is a broad drink.   ;)

ericm

Furthur @ UCF Arena, Orlando, on 4/5/11
"Where's Jim going?"

he.who.forgets

currently have tix to Ghostland Observatory in April and Dispatch in May.  Thinking of checking out Citizen Cope on Sunday but last time I saw him, he put me to sleep :-\

ALady

Phosphorescent at Brooklyn Bowl on May 11.  Simone Felice at Rockwood Music Hall on May 14.

I feel a plan coming together...