Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Quote from: ALady on Mar 28, 2011, 02:29 PM
Phosphorescent at Brooklyn Bowl on May 11.  Simone Felice at Rockwood Music Hall on May 14.

I feel a plan coming together...

I think im gonna be going to that Phosphorescent show also.  How is Brooklyn Bowl?  I've heard very mixed opinions about it.  Also is it close enough from the subway?  Im not very experienced with Brooklyn

ALady

I've never been - maybe one of our lovely NY ladies can advise?

Hope to see you there, Murph!   :beer:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

there is an L train stop on Bedford and 7th, just a short walk from the brooklyn bowl. 

just noticed Phosphorescent is playing in Reno in a couple weeks when I'll be there for work.  Don't really know anything about them. 

ALady

Go. Thank me later.   ;) ;D

bluesky

he freaked us out some when he brought his little dog on stage at the Bowery, then i saw this and now i am really scared ...

Murph

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 29, 2011, 12:47 PM
there is an L train stop on Bedford and 7th, just a short walk from the brooklyn bowl. 

just noticed Phosphorescent is playing in Reno in a couple weeks when I'll be there for work.  Don't really know anything about them.

Thanks brother........I haven't seen Phosphorescent ever and I only started listening to him about 3 months ago, but I have been fully and completely hooked.  The guy makes hauntingly beautiful music, but also knows how to rock.  Start with Pride and than get his latest Here's To Taking It Easy, which is one of my favorite albums of the past few years.  You wont be dissapointed

FiddleCastro

Like the avatar, Murph.

Strokes 4/1 - MSG
Kaki King 4/8 - City Winery
Raveonettes - 4/20 - Music Hall of Williamsburg
of Montreal - 4/30 - Webster Hall
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

walterfredo

Quote from: ALady on Mar 29, 2011, 08:19 PM
Go. Thank me later.   ;) ;D

I'm sold, I'll check it out (although that pic is a bit scary).  It's either see the show or sit in the hotel/bar. 

dragonboy

Josh T Pearson on Friday, Kyuss on Sunday!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ericm

Grabbed a couple of tix today for Peter Gabriel @ Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden,N.J. on 6/25/11.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

ALady

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 29, 2011, 08:42 PM
he freaked us out some when he brought his little dog on stage at the Bowery, then i saw this and now i am really scared ...

My boo.

fredo, I'd also recommend To Willie - it's an album of Willie Nelson covers, and I think it's great - manages to pay homage and sound uniquely Phossy at the same time.

MarkW

Quote from: dragonboy on Mar 30, 2011, 12:18 PM

I've had to bail on Josh - work got in the way   >:(

Have a good one DB
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

Quote from: MarkW on Mar 31, 2011, 04:55 AM
Quote from: dragonboy on Mar 30, 2011, 12:18 PM

I've had to bail on Josh - work got in the way   >:(

Have a good one DB

Shit, i was about to email you about hooking up for ales  :(

Sparkle & I are seeing him @ Union Chapel, you going to that one?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MarkW

Quote from: dragonboy on Mar 31, 2011, 01:14 PM
Shit, i was about to email you about hooking up for ales  :(

Sparkle & I are seeing him @ Union Chapel, you going to that one?

Sadly not - we'll have to meet up at Somerset House in July...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Jon T.

This is another beach festival trying to get off the ground on Pensacola Beach.  Darkglow,  if you see this, tickets go on sale to locals next week for $80.  They'll go up pretty substantially after that.  It's not until Oct, so I haven't heard any bands they might have lined up yet.  I do know there is A LOT of money backing this.

http://delunafest.com/

ALady

Quote from: ALady on Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths
2.27 The Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs

April:
4.6 Tamaryn
4.9 Sharon Van Etten
4.11 Phosphorescent, Evening Hymns
4.15 Jeff Tweedy (early) Zola Jesus, Cult of Youth, Population (late)
4.18 The Black Angels, Suuns
4.21 The Budos Band, Charles Bradley
4.28 Reigning Sound, Last Year's Men
4.29 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Mickey
4.30 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Kings Go Forth, the Green Berets, Tu Tu and the Pirates

lucylew

Avett Brothers in Charlotte next weekend.  Very excited!

Ru-day

I just saw Sharon Van Etten, and she exceeded all my expectations. She's amazing!!
Quote from: ALady on Apr 01, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote from: ALady on Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths
2.27 The Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs

April:
4.4 Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
4.6 The Raveonettes, Tamaryn
4.7 Cults
4.9 Sharon Van Etten (early) Wire (late)
4.11 Phosphorescent
4.15 Jeff Tweedy (early) Zola Jesus (late)
4.16 Jeff Tweedy
4.18 The Black Angels, Suuns
4.19 Surf City
4.21 The Budos Band, Charles Bradley
4.29 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Mickey

woodnymph

Further tomorrow night at the Fox in ATL!!!  I neeeeed to booooogieeeeeiiiiieeeeee!

And it is a sweet relief to find that my friends in GA actually live three hours away, not 4, as I've been calculating! That extra 2 hours gas money will be nice to hold on to.....

And the question remains.... will my friends' baby be born during the show?!?!  The mommy's not gonna go, she's been hangin' in bed the past week or so, due any day now....!!!  Guess we'll find out!!  :o  Whoo-peeeeEeeee!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

darkglow

"THE PUNCH BROTHERS" tonight down the street!

woohoo good weekend of live music.. went to the Pensacola Jazz and Reggae Festival all of yesterday and plan on going back today to pre-game before the punch bros