Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 10, 2011, 07:32 PM
Meeting up with the ruckus for tv on the radio in Baltimore tonight.

i was at this show, right behind the soundboard!

Randall

The Kills at Terminal 5, April 29

ericm

April 23rd - Elmer's Cherry St. Band
June 3-5 - Mountain Jam
June 14/15 - Phish
June 25th - Peter Gabriel
July 30th - Furthur
Aug. 3rd - Flaming Lips/ Primus
Aug.4th - MMJ
"Where's Jim going?"

jaye

April 18 - Tame Impala at the Fillmore   :)

Crispy

Quote from: jaye on Apr 13, 2011, 02:41 PM
April 18 - Tame Impala at the Fillmore   :)

>:( JEALOUS  >:(
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Sidus

Wolf People (+Imaad Wasif) in my hometown tonight!  8)

Wolf People - One By One From Dorney Reach

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ruckus

How was Wolf People Sidus?  Still love that album and cover.

Have a great time Chicken!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Apr 16, 2011, 12:59 PM
Dr Dog...tonight :D

When i saw them a couple months ago, it was great..Simply 1 of the most fun bands Ive ever seen live
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

woodnymph

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Apr 16, 2011, 12:59 PM
Dr Dog...tonight :D
Do it up, Chicky!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes! :-D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

mahg33ta

Quote from: ericm on Apr 13, 2011, 11:19 AM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
debating whether to catch this tour myself.... could be way cool....

Jaimoe

Pixies tonight @ Massey Hall in Toronto. They are performing their Doolittle LP too!

ericm

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 18, 2011, 09:54 AM

Go if you can, you won't be disappointed. Tix are a bit pricey if you want to be real close, but it's not the type of show where you need to be,imo. I chose ones towards the back of the first Orch section this time, about $100.00.

I was lucky enough to catch one of Peter's shows last year at Radio City.It was filled with many highlights, and awe inspiring moments.Peter is still a great frontman, and his voice is as great and powerful as ever. :thumbsup:

That show was Peter with a 55 piece orchestra, doing his latest album; Scratch My Back. SMB is a cover album of tunes by artists like Paul Simon, and Bowie among others, redone by Peter with an orchestra. That was the first set, and the second was all Peter tunes with the orchestra.He also has two female singers with him, one of whom is his daughter. 8)

This tour is still with his "New Blood Orchestra", no drums or guitars,but the whole show is supposed to be PG songs. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw in a couple from SMB, but for the most part, it'll be all PG.

I hope you check it out. It's different with the orchestra than other tours, but enjoyable and amazing in it's own way. If you're a fan of Peter's you'll be glad you went. :beer:

Here's a clip of "In Your Eyes" from RCMH. A great duet with Ane Brun, and one of those "awe" moments of the show.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONtYwg571xU&feature=related
"Where's Jim going?"

Cameron

i got the RRT with mumford, ed sharp and the mag zeroes and old crow.  also have fleet foxes, jason isbell and slobberbone on the horizon.

TheBigChicken

Dr Dog on saturday night was just incredible.... :-*   go see these boys before thet start playing the monster size places
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

tdb810

April 28 - Buffalo Tom at Bowery Ballroom   :thumbsup:
.....Back at the Model Home

mahg33ta

Quote from: ericm on Apr 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 18, 2011, 09:54 AM

Go if you can, you won't be disappointed. Tix are a bit pricey if you want to be real close, but it's not the type of show where you need to be,imo. I chose ones towards the back of the first Orch section this time, about $100.00.

I was lucky enough to catch one of Peter's shows last year at Radio City.It was filled with many highlights, and awe inspiring moments.Peter is still a great frontman, and his voice is as great and powerful as ever. :thumbsup:

That show was Peter with a 55 piece orchestra, doing his latest album; Scratch My Back. SMB is a cover album of tunes by artists like Paul Simon, and Bowie among others, redone by Peter with an orchestra. That was the first set, and the second was all Peter tunes with the orchestra.He also has two female singers with him, one of whom is his daughter. 8)

This tour is still with his "New Blood Orchestra", no drums or guitars,but the whole show is supposed to be PG songs. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw in a couple from SMB, but for the most part, it'll be all PG.

I hope you check it out. It's different with the orchestra than other tours, but enjoyable and amazing in it's own way. If you're a fan of Peter's you'll be glad you went. :beer:

Here's a clip of "In Your Eyes" from RCMH. A great duet with Ane Brun, and one of those "awe" moments of the show.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONtYwg571xU&feature=related

Thanks for taking the time to type all that in.  REALLY appreciated.

There was a time when I called Gabriel my favorite musician and followed him with the same enthusiasm I do now for MMJ.   So this was, say 86 – 92 or so, back when I was a younger pup, pre easy-access-internet, etc...  So in a way it's a bit shocking that I'm even debating... (I hope I'm not so wishy-washy for MMJ when they do their reunion tour in 2035)     Seen Gabriel many many times, loved his first 4 albums... just lost "steam" over the years, and w/ super high ticket prices... :-\. BUT – with good word of mouth like yours, and positive reviews I've seen elsewhere – I should go...

Also have a very busy week the week before, w/ concerts 3 nights in a row (wed Vedder providence, thurs Vedder Boston, Fri MMJ Chicago).   But, if your summary is "go if you're a fan of Peter" –  that's enough for me.   Shaping up to be a great June!

walterfredo

Broken social scene worth seeing? Yay or nay?

wolof7

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 18, 2011, 05:06 PM
Broken social scene worth seeing? Yay or nay?

Seen them twice, I'd say yes if you never have and are a fan...for me 2x is enough unless they are at a festival I'm attending. I remember both shows being solid but somewhat similar
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

walterfredo

Thanks. Never seen them nor know a note of their music.

Let me revise the question a bit...

Broken social scene or Phosphorescent? They're playing back to back nights, but don't feel like going out both nights.