Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Jaimoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 18, 2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks. Never seen them nor know a note of their music.

Let me revise the question a bit...

Broken social scene or Phosphorescent? They're playing back to back nights, but don't feel like going out both nights.

I'm not really a big fan of BSS, but they are a great live band and I'd see them again in a second. They bring a lot of variables (and talent) to the table and if they decide to rock, then look out.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Ruckus, don't be jealous   ;)

BSS are great too, especially if you like the whole "25 people on stage all going nuts" thing, but I gotta vote for Phossy.

Jaimoe

Quote from: ALady on Apr 18, 2011, 05:51 PM
Ruckus, don't be jealous   ;)

BSS are great too, especially if you like the whole "25 people on stage all going nuts" thing, but I gotta vote for Phossy.

Their lineup is much smaller now, along the lines of 7-8: famed female members Feist, Amy Millan (Stars) and Emily Haines (Metric) haven't played with them in years and Jason Collett's solo career is going strong.

Sidus

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 16, 2011, 03:29 PM
How was Wolf People Sidus?  Still love that album and cover.

Have a great time Chicken!

Wolf People was great. Of course it was a little bit short (1 hour), because they only have one album out or so. But the band was really tight, you would think they've played together for ages. The (double) guitarparts were impressive. Sound was also very good, they were really perfectionists about that  ;).  I think this band can become pretty big if they get some more material

Crispy

Interpol tonight at the Cain's in Tulsa -- I'm fairly familiar with their material, not a huge fan, but I like them. Anybody here seen them play?
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Taterbug

We are taking my daughter and her friend up to Milwaukee for her b-day present, She wanted to see some bands she likes. Going to The Rave at the Eagles Club to see
All Time low, Yellowcard , Hey Monday and Summerset. I have know idea who they are or what to expect. As long as my baby girl has a blast thats all that matters.   
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjk73

Black Angels tomorrow night, BH will be there, it's a Friday, I'm going to be sober (I hope as I can't afford to drink and I really don't need the hangover), I'm technically off work even though I'll be working most of the day, can't wait.

Crispy

Quote from: Darklands on Apr 21, 2011, 03:46 PM
Black Angels tomorrow night, BH will be there, it's a Friday, I'm going to be sober (I hope as I can't afford to drink and I really don't need the hangover), I'm technically off work even though I'll be working most of the day, can't wait.

Sweet, I want to hear all about it -- are Sleepy Sun opening? I'm seeing them in May, can't wait.

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 21, 2011, 03:49 PM

Sweet, I want to hear all about it -- are Sleepy Sun opening? I'm seeing them in May, can't wait.
Have fun gents.  This Darklands posts like he's some old tymer or something
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 20, 2011, 09:41 AM
Interpol tonight at the Cain's in Tulsa -- I'm fairly familiar with their material, not a huge fan, but I like them. Anybody here seen them play?

Sure.

Hang on to your butts.

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Apr 21, 2011, 04:54 PM

Sure.

Ha! That's about the impression I got last night. I was really excited to see School of Seven Bells, who were opening (after I remembered that's why I got the ticket in the first place), and then was disappointed to see that one of the twins left the group. Good stuff anyway, I enjoyed the show, but had no need to hold on to my butt.

EDIT: The best thing about Interpol was that Brandon Curtis is playing keys for them, so I was also pretty excited as a Secret Machines fan to see two of the three guys responsible for one of my favorite records in the same building.

vespachick

Phosphorescent tonight.   :'( I need a sitter, STAT!!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

ALady

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 21, 2011, 05:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Apr 21, 2011, 04:54 PM

Sure.

Ha! That's about the impression I got last night. I was really excited to see School of Seven Bells, who were opening (after I remembered that's why I got the ticket in the first place), and then was disappointed to see that one of the twins left the group. Good stuff anyway, I enjoyed the show, but had no need to hold on to my butt.

EDIT: The best thing about Interpol was that Brandon Curtis is playing keys for them, so I was also pretty excited as a Secret Machines fan to see two of the three guys responsible for one of my favorite records in the same building.

Yeah, School of Seven Bells just haven't been the same since she left.  I miss the sisterly harmonies.

vespa, find you a sitter!!   :)

mjk73

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 04:18 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Apr 21, 2011, 03:49 PM

Have fun gents.  This Darklands posts like he's some old tymer or something
Yeah, wonders who I am?

No Sleepy Sun. The Suuns are opening. Their album has gotten some great reviews yet I haven't heard. Very curious. And AL, that powerful huh? It's a small club, maybe I need to invest in some ear plugs or a tether rope

the_wizzard

Portugal. The Man.
Tonight.  Hometown show.  Ridiculous to say the least.

headhunter

Saw Jesse Malin & Alejandro Escovedo last night.  Great rockers and awesome show.
Saw Shelby Lynne last week.  Beautiful voice.
Willie Nile w Penny Lane is next week .

Wizzard-- Beth & I are looking forward to seeing you and Mr. Wizzard at Red Rocks.
Beth says she still loves the shoes (although the season is over she says).  She checks your web site all the time.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

the_wizzard

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 30, 2011, 09:19 AM
Wizzard-- Beth & I are looking forward to seeing you and Mr. Wizzard at Red Rocks.
Beth says she still loves the shoes (although the season is over she says).  She checks your web site all the time.
Us too!  Just bought our plane tix the other day.  And I am so glad Beth loves her boots!  Yay shoes!!!!

*oops, forgot to mention that tomorrow we are seeing The Head and The Heart and next Tuesday is M.Ward.

ALady

Quote from: ALady on Apr 01, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote from: ALady on Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths
2.27 The Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs

April:
4.6 Tamaryn
4.9 Sharon Van Etten
4.11 Phosphorescent, Evening Hymns
4.15 Jeff Tweedy (early) Zola Jesus, Cult of Youth, Population (late)
4.18 The Black Angels, Suuns
4.21 The Budos Band, Charles Bradley
4.28 Reigning Sound, Last Year's Men
4.30 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Kings Go Forth, the Green Berets, Tu Tu and the Pirates

May:
5.3 Lord Huron
5.6 Neil Young
5.7 Jorma Kaukonen
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.15 James Blake
5.16 Paul Simon
5.17 Steve Earle
5.23 Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eleventh Dream Day
5.26 Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Maria Taylor