February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths
2.27 The Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs

April:
4.6 Tamaryn
4.9 Sharon Van Etten
4.11 Phosphorescent, Evening Hymns
4.15 Jeff Tweedy (early) Zola Jesus, Cult of Youth, Population (late)
4.18 The Black Angels, Suuns
4.21 The Budos Band, Charles Bradley
4.28 Reigning Sound, Last Year's Men
4.30 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Kings Go Forth, the Green Berets, Tu Tu and the Pirates

May:
5.3 Lord Huron
5.5 The Kills, Cold Cave
5.6 Neil Young
5.7 Jorma Kaukonen
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.11 Phosphorescent?
5.14 Simone Felice?
5.15 James Blake
5.16 Paul Simon
5.17 Steve Earle (early) the Twilight Singers (late)
5.19 Guitar Wolf
5.21 Tommy Stinson, Slobberbone
5.23 Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eleventh Dream Day
5.30 Justin Townes Earle, Andre Williams and the Goldstars

I'll hopefully be at that May 11th Phosphoresent show also.  Let me ask though ALady, if you don't mind, what do you do that allows you to go to all these shows every month??

vespachick

Quote from: Murph on May 03, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote from: ALady on May 03, 2011, 11:39 AM
Quote from: ALady on Apr 01, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote from: ALady on Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint

April:
4.6 Tamaryn
4.9 Sharon Van Etten
4.30 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Kings Go Forth, the Green Berets, Tu Tu and the Pirates

May:
5.3 Lord Huron
5.5 The Kills, Cold Cave
5.6 Neil Young
5.7 Jorma Kaukonen
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.11 Phosphorescent?
5.14 Simone Felice?
5.15 James Blake
5.16 Paul Simon
5.19 Guitar Wolf

I'll hopefully be at that May 11th Phosphoresent show also.  Let me ask though ALady, if you don't mind, what do you do that allows you to go to all these shows every month??

Besides lay golden eggs.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Crispy

Quote from: vespachick on May 03, 2011, 12:39 PM
Quote from: ALady on May 03, 2011, 11:39 AM
Quote from: ALady on Apr 01, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote from: ALady on Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths

March:
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint

April:
4.6 Tamaryn
4.9 Sharon Van Etten

May:
5.3 Lord Huron
5.5 The Kills, Cold Cave
5.6 Neil Young
5.7 Jorma Kaukonen
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.11 Phosphorescent?
5.14 Simone Felice?
5.15 James Blake
5.16 Paul Simon
5.19 Guitar Wolf

Besides lay golden eggs.

And cause uncontrollable, raging, fist-shaking envy. (there should be an emoticon for that)
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

ALady

Oh, cool!  If I end up going (it's a bit up in the air at the moment due to work) we should try to meet up!

I do some street team stuff for a couple local venues and get free entry in return, so that helps a lot.  And Chicago is a great place for free music generally speaking, especially in the summertime.  I'm definitely not any kind of baller   ;D

For example, this month, these shows are all free:

5.3 Lord Huron
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.15 James Blake
5.17 Steve Earle (early)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Murph

Quote from: ALady on May 03, 2011, 12:52 PM

Oh, cool!  If I end up going (it's a bit up in the air at the moment due to work) we should try to meet up!

I do some street team stuff for a couple local venues and get free entry in return, so that helps a lot.  And Chicago is a great place for free music generally speaking, especially in the summertime.  I'm definitely not any kind of baller   ;D

For example, this month, these shows are all free:

5.3 Lord Huron
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.15 James Blake
5.17 Steve Earle (early)

Very cool!  I wasn't asking implying that you were super rich and could afford to go to all these shows, I was actually asking because I thought that you must have some awesome music industry type job.  I've always wanted to get involved with these street team groups, but I just can't dedicate enough time, or any time really.   :-\ I need a new job

FiddleCastro

Interpol at Terminal 5 on Sunday.  I've been a fan of them for a long time, Saw them in February from the last row of Radio City, and had to see them again.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Crispy

Quote from: FiddleCastro on May 04, 2011, 01:15 AM
Interpol at Terminal 5 on Sunday.  I've been a fan of them for a long time, Saw them in February from the last row of Radio City, and had to see them again.

Cool, you can get up front! I just saw them in Tulsa at the Cain's Ballroom, with School of Seven Bells opening (which they did at Radio City, I believe). Will SVIIB be there for this show too? Look for Brandon Curtis playing keyboard for Interpol.

For me:
Sunday - Wilco, also at Cain's

This will be my 3rd time seeing them at Cain's, 3 more times than I've seen MMJ there. (sorry, I always do this)

Ghosts_on_TV

Foals at 930 Club tomorrow.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ophidiophobia

Quote from: Crispy on May 05, 2011, 12:11 PM
For me:

This will be my 3rd time seeing them at Cain's, 3 more times than I've seen MMJ there. (sorry, I always do this)
I'll be there too! It will be my first time seeing them, and I can't wait!

ALady

Quote from: Murph on May 03, 2011, 10:36 PM
Very cool!  I wasn't asking implying that you were super rich and could afford to go to all these shows, I was actually asking because I thought that you must have some awesome music industry type job.  I've always wanted to get involved with these street team groups, but I just can't dedicate enough time, or any time really.   :-\ I need a new job

Aw, I was hoping you thought I was fabulously wealthy   ;) ;D

Nah, I don't work in the industry.  I have done a little music journalism here and there and I'm legal counsel to a band's fan-based nonprofit organization, but that's about the extent of it. 

The street teaming thing is maybe two hours of walking around the neighborhood, twice a month - I just think of it as exercise now, so it's doubly worth it IMO.

Crispy

Quote from: ophidiophobia on May 05, 2011, 12:33 PM
Quote from: Crispy on May 05, 2011, 12:11 PM
For me:

I'll be there too! It will be my first time seeing them, and I can't wait!

Great, I'll look for you there! Going to be in town all day and not sure what time I'll get in line, but let's grab a beer at some point.

e_wind

Quote from: ALady on May 05, 2011, 01:39 PM
Quote from: Murph on May 03, 2011, 10:36 PM

Aw, I was hoping you thought I was fabulously wealthy   ;) ;D

Nah, I don't work in the industry.  I have done a little music journalism here and there and I'm legal counsel to a band's fan-based nonprofit organization, but that's about the extent of it. 

The street teaming thing is maybe two hours of walking around the neighborhood, twice a month - I just think of it as exercise now, so it's doubly worth it IMO.

Yeah I street team for ATO, but unfortunately we don't get the bigger tours in Louisville, so the work load is light. I did get free Tix to DBT and Dawes last fall. It also doesn't hurt that I get a free promo poster and several stickers everytime I "work".
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

kotchishm

5/15 Fleet Foxes DAR Constitution Hall, still working out details with a seller but looks promising, can't wait.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

markcel

5/16 - Paul Simon @ the Vic  ;D

ALady

Hey, me too!  What time are you gonna try to get there?  I don't want to camp out forever, but I'm sure the line's going to be around the block...   :-\

Ru-day

Fleet Foxes at The Palladium! :D

dragonboy

10th May - Blackstar, De La Soul & Rakim!!!
11th May - Josh T Pearson (with string quartet)
12th May - The Sword
19th May - EITS
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjk73

Quote from: dragonboy on May 08, 2011, 05:10 AM
10th May - Blackstar, De La Soul & Rakim!!!
11th May - Josh T Pearson (with string quartet)
12th May - The Sword
19th May - EITS
Damn DB's....Take plugs from The Sword.

buaawwww

Let's see... nothing set for the summer YET, but I will lost my let's just say possible (i.e. most likely... ):

7/9 - Soundgarden @ Jones Beach
7/11 - Furthur @ Jones Beach

And for those that I HAVE tickets for?

9/14 - THE BIG 4 @ Yankee Stadium
9/23 - KYUSS LIVES! / The Sword @ Terminal 5

markcel

Quote from: ALady on May 06, 2011, 03:58 PM
Hey, me too!  What time are you gonna try to get there?  I don't want to camp out forever, but I'm sure the line's going to be around the block...   :-\

I have no idea when to get there.  The line will probably start being formed in the morning, but I will be driving from Madison (after leaving work a little early  :-X), so I probably won't get there until 5ish.  I read in Minneapolis for the First Ave show they used 5 different entrances to get everyone in as fast as possible.  In reviewing the setlists, there is not much difference between his larger venue shows and his club shows.  So looks like we'll get the same show as those at the Chicago Theater, but at a smaller price and in a smaller venue.  Works for me. :thumbsup: