Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHL

Alela Diane tomo night at the Scala (London), Dylan LeBlanc supporting.

MarkW

Quote from: Darklands on May 08, 2011, 12:20 PM
12th May - The Sword
Damn DB's....Take plugs from The Sword.
[/quote]

Seeing The Sword tonight in a small venue.  I don't have any earplugs - at least that means I won't have to talk on the phone at work tomorrow!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Ruckus

Quote from: MarkW on May 11, 2011, 09:12 AM
Quote from: Darklands on May 08, 2011, 12:20 PM
12th May - The Sword
Damn DB's....Take plugs from The Sword.

Seeing The Sword tonight in a small venue.  I don't have any earplugs - at least that means I won't have to talk on the phone at work tomorrow!
[/quote]
Have fun Mark!  What are earplugs?

I got Surfer Blood and Trail of Dead tonight
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

MarkW

Quote from: Ruckus on May 11, 2011, 09:26 AM

Cool - enjoy those two Ruckus!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

bluesky

Saw that show a few weeks back at the Bowery. Surfer Blood was great at times a little unsure of themselves. Worth seeing!! As for TOD I had never listened to them before and was bummed that they had opened, thought they were negative and ended up downstairs for their set acting like a wall flower....Rob are you a fan of Trail?

Penny Lane

Quote from: MarkW on May 11, 2011, 12:30 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on May 11, 2011, 09:26 AM

Cool - enjoy those two Ruckus!

yes, let me know...i'm going to that show on Friday 
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quote from: bluesky on May 11, 2011, 12:53 PM
Saw that show a few weeks back at the Bowery. Surfer Blood was great at times a little unsure of themselves. Worth seeing!! As for TOD I had never listened to them before and was bummed that they had opened, thought they were negative and ended up downstairs for their set acting like a wall flower....Rob are you a fan of Trail?
I'm not a big fan of either Val but I got some friends going and I don't have to wake up tomorrow (early that is).  I do like the recent Trail album a good bit.  Penny, I can't imagine you enjoying Trail of Dead live :-X
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Murph

going to Phosphorescent tonight at brooklyn bowl.....you going ALady?

ALady

Quote from: Murph on May 11, 2011, 02:46 PM
going to Phosphorescent tonight at brooklyn bowl.....you going ALady?

Sadly, no - NYC didn't work out this time.  Canceled my flight Tuesday morning   :-\  I'm hoping to be back, maybe end of July for that free Charles Bradley show?

How was Phossy??

Quote from: markcel on May 10, 2011, 04:58 PM
Quote from: ALady on May 06, 2011, 03:58 PM
Hey, me too!  What time are you gonna try to get there?  I don't want to camp out forever, but I'm sure the line's going to be around the block...   :-\

I have no idea when to get there.  The line will probably start being formed in the morning, but I will be driving from Madison (after leaving work a little early  :-X), so I probably won't get there until 5ish.  I read in Minneapolis for the First Ave show they used 5 different entrances to get everyone in as fast as possible.  In reviewing the setlists, there is not much difference between his larger venue shows and his club shows.  So looks like we'll get the same show as those at the Chicago Theater, but at a smaller price and in a smaller venue.  Works for me. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty thrilled about it, not gonna lie.   ;D

Interesting tidbit about the five entrances.  I can't even imagine how they'd do that at the Vic, but who knows...
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

MarkW

Off to see Roger Waters doing The Wall at the O2 London on Saturday night.  I'd rather hoped Gilmour would show up for that one, but looks like we missed him already...

woodnymph

That'll be a sweet show, Mark!!  Would love to hear some reviews!!

This Monday is JUNIP at the Orange Peel!!  Was on that ferocious kick of listening to them last fall/winter, then off went my ears for awhile.... now my roommate's starting to say how much he likes Jose Gonzalez lately, so I told him he's gotta catch the Junip show!!

And to my sweet relief, the show starts at 9, and my class only goes til 8:30 that night (and it's only literally 3 minutes from the venue)  And it's only $17!

Can't wait!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on May 14, 2011, 12:09 AM

This Monday is JUNIP at the Orange Peel!!  Was on that ferocious kick of listening to them last fall/winter, then off went my ears for awhile.... now my roommate's starting to say how much he likes Jose Gonzalez lately, so I told him he's gotta catch the Junip show!!

And to my sweet relief, the show starts at 9, and my class only goes til 8:30 that night (and it's only literally 3 minutes from the venue)  And it's only $17!

Can't wait!!

Let me know how that show goes! I was on a Junip kick too around that same time. Keep me updated if they come to Pittsburgh.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjk73

Slobberbone on Wednesday night!!!! I so want to be lost in a haze driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink

Penny Lane

Quote from: Darklands on May 15, 2011, 07:28 PM
Slobberbone on Wednesday night!!!! I so want to be lost in a haze driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink

so jealous...enjoy my friend!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 15, 2011, 12:48 AM
Quote from: woodnymph on May 14, 2011, 12:09 AM

Can't wait!!

Let me know how that show goes! I was on a Junip kick too around that same time. Keep me updated if they come to Pittsburgh.
Oh man!  I remember being on the same Junip kick with ya back then! Wish ya could catch 'em tomorrow too!  I think they just played Columbus tonight!  But I think that's the closest they were comin'..... I'll definitely let you know how the show goes!!  Can't wait!!  You're the Center and you're always free....... in every directionnnnn  8)  I'm secretly hoping for an "At the Doors"  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Tracy 2112

Tuesday Night in Nashville

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 15, 2011, 11:05 PM
Quote from: Darklands on May 15, 2011, 07:28 PM

so jealous...enjoy my friend!
I took the next day off as I forsee me not feeling well.

mjk73

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 15, 2011, 11:16 PM
Tuesday Night in Nashville

Sigh.....Enjoy my brother in Neko and Ribs

walterfredo

Prince....tomorrow night!   

kotchishm

Saw Fleet Foxes and the Cave Singers this past Sunday.  Incredible show.

Next up Bon Iver 6/30 in Richmond at the National
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf