Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Thanks my dear   :)  I guess folks are already camping out, hope it's not too awfully crowded as I won't be able to get there too early.   :-\
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

lil sis

Quote from: kotchishm on Jun 02, 2011, 02:53 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jun 02, 2011, 02:47 PM
Quote from: ALady on May 03, 2011, 11:39 AM
Quote from: ALady on Apr 01, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote from: ALady on Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
January:
1.13 The Besnard Lakes, Frankie Rose and the Outs
1.14 Freddie Gibbs
1.15 Andre Williams & the Goldstars, The Congregation, My My My
1.26 White Mystery
1.27 The Jayhawks perform Hollywood Town Hall
1.28 The Jayhawks perform Tomorrow the Green Grass
1.29 Hush Arbors, CAVE

February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths
2.27 The Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Caretta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs

April:
4.6 Tamaryn
4.9 Sharon Van Etten
4.11 Phosphorescent, Evening Hymns
4.15 Jeff Tweedy (early) Zola Jesus, Cult of Youth, Population (late)
4.18 The Black Angels, Suuns
4.21 The Budos Band, Charles Bradley
4.28 Reigning Sound, Last Year's Men
4.30 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Kings Go Forth, the Green Berets, Tu Tu and the Pirates

May:
5.3 Lord Huron
5.6 Neil Young
5.7 Jorma Kaukonen
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.15 James Blake
5.16 Paul Simon
5.17 Steve Earle
5.23 Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eleventh Dream Day
5.26 Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Maria Taylor

June:

6.5 Omar Souleyman, White Mystery, A Place To Bury Strangers, Big Freedia & The Divas with Rusty Lazer
6.6 Iron and Wine, the Head and the Heart
6.8 Earth
6.9 Dennis Coffey & Friends
6.12 Hayes Carll, the Waco Brothers
6.13 Phosphorescent, the Campbell Brothers
6.14 Woodsman
6.16 My Morning Jacket
6.17 My Morning Jacket
6.18 Sondre Lerche
6.19 Hanni El Khatib, Bass Drum of Death, Pujol, the Pleats
6.20 Kings Go Forth, Ben L'Oncle Soul
6.25 Secret Colours, Yo La Tengo
6.27 Low, Glen Hansard
6.28 The Lemonheads (early) Eddie Vedder (late)
6.29 Eddie Vedder
6.30 The Strange Boys, White Fence
[/quote

I saw the Head and the Heart open for Dr. Dog and they were awesome.  Didn't like their album so much but their live show kills

I'm exhausted just from reading that.  Impressive, Lady!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

ALady

It keeps me out of trouble   ;)

Woody, I just caught the last five or six songs of I&W - the band was tiiiiiight and sounded great!  I hadn't seen him with this lineup and I was digging on the horn section hardcore! 

He finished with an a cappella version of "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" and the whole lawn sang along...and it was packed....wowser moment   :)

woodnymph

Ahhhh that sounds awesome!! What a sick venue!!!  Glad you got to catch it!

August is setting itself on fire, apparently...  A Perfect Circle is playing Stage AE August 9, the DAY BEFORE MMJ!!!  And my friend Kara and I love them, and she just surprised me with it as a birthday treat for when I visit! :-D!  I've never seen them live yet (though I've seen Tool a few times)  So I'm really excited, and I'll be pumped for whatever they play, but I hope to get some gems from Mer De Noms!

Work down here has just OK'd me to take August 7 - August 21 off, so I'm headin' home for a bit for another birthday week full of MMJ!  Last year was Outside Lands, and this year Pitt & MPP I can't waittt!!!  :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Jon T.

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 09, 2011, 10:32 AM
Ahhhh that sounds awesome!! What a sick venue!!!  Glad you got to catch it!

August is setting itself on fire, apparently...  A Perfect Circle is playing Stage AE August 9, the DAY BEFORE MMJ!!!  And my friend Kara and I love them, and she just surprised me with it as a birthday treat for when I visit! :-D!  I've never seen them live yet (though I've seen Tool a few times)  So I'm really excited, and I'll be pumped for whatever they play, but I hope to get some gems from Mer De Noms!

Work down here has just OK'd me to take August 7 - August 21 off, so I'm headin' home for a bit for another birthday week full of MMJ!  Last year was Outside Lands, and this year Pitt & MPP I can't waittt!!!  :D

Awesome Woody.  I can't wait to hear how APC still is.  I've seen them a couple of times, but it has been yearrrrrs.  I remember being really surprised with how different MJK is with them than he is with Tool.  Much more upfront and talkative ( i mean relatively speaking, it is Maynard after all).  :P

Crispy

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 09, 2011, 10:32 AM

Hey, whoa, you're taking that much time off in August and you're not making the trip to Red Rocks?! What the what, girl? JacketfestWest needs a woodnymph  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

6/10 Live Stream MMJ at the ROOOOOOO!   :thumbsup:
6/11  Drive-by Truckers at the Wellmont (with Headhunter and the MRS H)
6/12  Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears at Maxwells, Hoboken

Nice weekend!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kotchishm

CULTS tomorrow at Rock n Roll Hotel....haven't been more excited for a show in a long time.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

woodnymph

Jon, I was so close to seeing them when they played near Pitt at the BeaverDome in '01... but I was only 16 and didn't have any vehicle yet or my license for that matter!  I was so miffed cause my neighbor (who I'd been close friends with since toddler-hood!) was going to college at Penn State Beaver campus and was already so close, so he couldn't drive me  :embarassed:

But!! Now is the time!!  I'll have a full review when it goes down!!

(*Avoids Crispy's inquiry briefly.... head down... tail between legs......*)  :embarassed:

*ahem*

Ok, I'm ready to respond now.... it's tough. SO TOUGH. Not to go to JacketFest West!!!  But! I'm trying to save the funds for my Hawaiian dream!!  (I even have the Hawaiian Pandora station on right now hahahahahahaha cheese factor +2 pts)

I am however, currently accepting sponsorships!  :P  I offer, in return for a JacketFest West sponsorship, a future place to stay on the beautiful utopian island of Hawaii!!!  Where you too can swim in the crystal waters beneath waterfalls, pluck luscious fruit off of the trees, relax in natural hot springs, listen to MMJ on the enchanting beaches, and many more not-to-be-missed experiences! Just think! With enough sponsors, I could coordinate a JacketFest MoreWest gathering and invoke the powers of Pele during such songs as Dondante, Steam Engine, Phone Went (More) West, and Victory Dance!!

Just something to consider, everyone!  :P  I am exceedingly thrilled to make it to MPP though!! And I've absolutely loved everyone's reviews of their amazing Mt. Jam experiences!!!  Can't wait to catch everyone at Merriweather!! :-D

brkndwnbus

Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses - June 10, 9:30 Club
Dawes, M. Ward and Bright Eyes - June 11, Wolf Trap

ericm

6/14 - Phish - Alpharetta, GA.
6/15 - Phish - Alpharetta, GA.
6/25 - Peter Gabriel - Camden, N.J.
"Where's Jim going?"

the_wizzard

Totally spaced I have an awesome show tonight!  Holly Golightly and The Brokeoffs!Holly Golightly & the Brokeoffs "My 45" - April 7th 2010 Little Rock, Arkansas

Sidus

Twilight Singers tomorrow! Will be my first Greg Dulli experience  :D. Their new album is as good as always. Wonder if they also play some other work of Dulli. Secretly I'm also hoping Mark Lanegan will make a guest performance, but I guess that's asking too much haha ;)

The Twilight Singers (feat Mark Lanegan) - Be Invited
The Twilight Singers Perform "On the Corner"

foomex

I'm up for some Interpo next saturday. Cannot wait for it. I love them.

ALady

So mad at myself for missing that Twilight Singers show.  Have a great time, Sidus!   :thumbsup:

YouAre_GivenToFly

Considering getting a ticket to the Iron and Wine show on September 10 in Seattle. I'll be in Seattle that weekend, but my flight leaves at 11:45 that night... so I'd have to change flights and get a hotel for the night.  :-\
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

woodnymph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jun 28, 2011, 09:50 PM
Considering getting a ticket to the Iron and Wine show on September 10 in Seattle. I'll be in Seattle that weekend, but my flight leaves at 11:45 that night... so I'd have to change flights and get a hotel for the night.  :-\
Welllll it might be a little extra planning there...... but I'm in favor of that move most definitely  :)

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 29, 2011, 02:11 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jun 28, 2011, 09:50 PM
Welllll it might be a little extra planning there...... but I'm in favor of that move most definitely  :)

Bought my concert ticket! Now just have to reschedule my flight and add a night to my hotel reservation. Not thrilled about flying across the country on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, but I'm sure everything will be fine.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ManNamedTruth

So instead of forking over $110 for a Pixies ticket , money for a hotel, and 10 hours total of driving time, I can at least see Frank Black solo for $22 in Pittsburgh in one of the smallest venues I've been to. Only problem is I'm not familiar with his solo stuff and the show is coming soon - July 22.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ericm

7/30 - Furthur - St. Augustine Fl.
"Where's Jim going?"