Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

The Jacket on Monday, Motorhead on Sat!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: dragonboy on Nov 03, 2011, 04:26 PM
The Jacket on Monday, Motorhead on Sat!
Woah! Let us know how they go.
How loud can silence get?

YouAre_GivenToFly

Really really wish I could be in New Orleans next Thursday... Dr Dog at Tipitinas.  :-\
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ManNamedTruth

An acoustic and electric evening with Kinks front man Ray Davies tonight! The 88 is opening, who seem like they'd be decent based on some youtube I just watched. I missed Medeski Martin & Wood last night, but at least I just saw them last year. My friend I went with last year went to Soulive instead and so I just didn't feel like going. Soulive probably would've been a good time as well.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ericm

Woohoo!!

Scored a pair of tix today for the "Light Of Day" benefit show in Asbury Park on Jan. 14th. at the 1,600 seat Paramount Theater.

Very, very, lucky, as this was literally sold out in seconds! Great way to ring in the New Year, and support a great cause too! 8)

"Where's Jim going?"

MarkW

The remainder of the year was looking bleak until I had a trawl around this morning.  I'm now looking forward to The Felice Brothers and AA Bondy in Manchester on 7 December.  :)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

YouAre_GivenToFly

Jonny Corndawg next Saturday
AA Bondy the following Monday
J Roddy Walston & the Business (possibly twice in 2 nights)
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

IHL

Quote from: MarkW on Nov 07, 2011, 05:59 AM
The remainder of the year was looking bleak until I had a trawl around this morning.  I'm now looking forward to The Felice Brothers and AA Bondy in Manchester on 7 December.  :)

That's cool, AA Bondy is playing a little headline show in London (the Lexington) next month that I'm going to.

dragonboy

Should I pay nearly £40 to see the Aus Pink Floyd? That's a lot of money for a tribute band  :(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

johnnYYac

Quote from: dragonboy on Nov 09, 2011, 03:09 AM
Should I pay nearly £40 to see the Aus Pink Floyd? That's a lot of money for a tribute band  :(
That's nearly $64 USD.  Hmmm. 

The Australian Pink Floyd Show Documentary - Welcome To The Machine - 3D Concert World Tour 2011

They played for David Gilmour's 50th birthday and he loved 'em.

Australian Pink Floyd - Time

They use Nick Mason's drum tech and the Floyd's sound engineer.

And 3D!!!  ;)

Yeah, I'd do it, if its convenient and isn't the difference between putting food on the table or not.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

seeing john hiatt in nyc this coming sunday night.  a true legend.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

he.who.forgets

Got Orlando Calling Festival this Saturday. Pretty excited to see several bands for the first time: The Raconteurs, The Avett Brothers, The Felice Brothers, The Roots, Dr. Dog...anyone else going?

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Nov 04, 2011, 03:08 PM
An acoustic and electric evening with Kinks front man Ray Davies tonight! The 88 is opening, who seem like they'd be decent based on some youtube I just watched. I missed Medeski Martin & Wood last night, but at least I just saw them last year. My friend I went with last year went to Soulive instead and so I just didn't feel like going. Soulive probably would've been a good time as well.

2012:  Teleportation becomes a feasible mode of transportation.  How was this?!?   :o :o :o  Or did you write in the Shows Ya Just Saw thread?  I've been outta the loop the last few days or so   :o   :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Nov 10, 2011, 01:25 AM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Nov 04, 2011, 03:08 PM

2012:  Teleportation becomes a feasible mode of transportation.  How was this?!?   :o :o :o  Or did you write in the Shows Ya Just Saw thread?  I've been outta the loop the last few days or so   :o   :D

I got lazy about posting on this in that thread. It was a great show! Ray still sounds pretty good. The 88 doubled as his backing band, after the acoustic segment. Highlights were: Waterloo Sunset, Autumn Almanac, Sunny Afternoon, Lola, Apeman, You Really Got Me, All Day and All Of The Night. This Time Tomorrow was the main song I was hoping for and didn't get. There was some fun sing-a-long moments throughout the acoustic set with the crowd. Here's the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ray-davies/2011/carnegie-library-of-homestead-munhall-pa-7bd19628.html
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Nov 10, 2011, 11:49 AM
Tonight. Furthur @ MSG!

Enjoy that, Eric, I know you will!  :beer:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

woodnymph

Wheeew..... wish I was at the Pitt show, sounds like it was pretty kick-ass!!  I'd have been pulling for a This Time Tomorrow too, darn!  But that's stellar you got to catch the show, sounds awesome!

And Eric, way to go catching Furthur tonight!!!  Setlist report please!!!!   :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Murph

Kurt Vile tonight @ Webster Hall

ericm

Furthur tonight at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City!

Gotta love when the band re-releases some prime seats.  8) Picked up one on the aisle, 7th row, in this section, a few minutes ago.  :thumbsup:

http://www.boardwalkhall.com/seatingchart/103.asp
"Where's Jim going?"

Sidus

Wilco (with Jonathan Wilson) tonight  :D

And: My Morning Jacket (with The Head & The Heart) tomorrow in Amsterdam!!!  :D

Do you think a good music overdose is possible?? Think I'm going to find out soon :). First time seeing MMJ since their last EU tour, which was like 3-4 years ago or something? Can't wait anymore  :o