February:
2.4 Disappears, Brain Idea
2.8 The Radio Dept.
2.9 Best Coast, Wavves, No Joy
2.19 Clutch, Motörhead
2.26 Braids, Baths
2.27 The Head and the Heart

March:
3.15-21 SXSW: Cheeseburger, Teg, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Xray Eyeballs, Grave Babies, Carletta Sue Kay, Bare Wires, Thee Oh Sees, Lord Huron, Screaming Females, Clock Opera, The Romany Rye, Grass Widow, Twin Shadow, Mellowhype, Beat Connection, Charles Bradley & the Menahan Street Band, Jim James and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Hacienda, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, American Music Club, Sun Araw, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Glasser, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Deerhunter, The Head and the Heart, Reading Rainbow, Yellow Ostrich, The Submarines, Okkervil River, The Vaudeville Smash, The Strange Boys, Bravo, Max!
3.22 Wanda Jackson
3.24 Warpaint
3.27 Godspeed You! Black Emperor
3.29 Destroyer, The War on Drugs

April:
4.6 Tamaryn
4.9 Sharon Van Etten
4.11 Phosphorescent, Evening Hymns
4.15 Jeff Tweedy (early) Zola Jesus, Cult of Youth, Population (late)
4.18 The Black Angels, Suuns
4.21 The Budos Band, Charles Bradley
4.28 Reigning Sound, Last Year's Men
4.30 Hunx and His Punx, Shannon and the Clams, Kings Go Forth, the Green Berets, Tu Tu and the Pirates

May:
5.3 Lord Huron
5.6 Neil Young
5.7 Jorma Kaukonen
5.10 Tune-Yards
5.15 James Blake
5.16 Paul Simon
5.17 Steve Earle
5.23 Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eleventh Dream Day
5.26 Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Maria Taylor

June:

6.5 Omar Souleyman, White Mystery, A Place To Bury Strangers, Big Freedia & The Divas with Rusty Lazer
6.6 Iron and Wine
6.9 Dennis Coffey & Friends
6.13 Phosphorescent, the Campbell Brothers
6.16 My Morning Jacket
6.17 My Morning Jacket
6.18 Sondre Lerche, Nightlands
6.25 Trampled by Turtles, Yo La Tengo
6.27 Low, Glen Hansard
6.30 Kanye West

7.1 Loretta Lynn
7.7 Tinariwen
7.10 Syl Johnson and the Uptown Sound, King Khan and Gris Gris
7.15-17 Pitchfork Festival (Battles, Curren$y, Thurston Moore, Guided By Voices, Neko Case, Animal Collective, Gang Gang Dance, OFF!, Destroyer, The Dismemberment Plan, DJ Shadow, Zola Jesus, Fleet Foxes, The Fresh & Onlys, Yuck, How to Dress Well, Kurt Vile and the Violators, OFWGKTA, Superchunk, Kylesa, Deerhunter, Cut Copy, TV on the Radio)
7.16 Shabazz Palaces, Moonface
7.19 Mutilation Rites, Batillus
7.23-24 Wicker Park Fest (Wild Flag, MiMOSA)
7.24 Bon Iver
7.25 Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Rachel Ries

8.5-7 Lollapalooza (Wye Oak, the Vaccines, Young the Giant, Los Bunkers, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Foster the People, Smith Westerns, the Kills, Cults, Mountain Goats, Tinie Tempah, Bright Eyes, Afrojack, Coldplay, Ratatat, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Disappears, Phantogram, Fitz and the Tantrums, Black Lips, Death from Above 1979, Big Audio Dynamite, Local Natives, Ween, Beats Antique, My Morning Jacket, Beirut, the Joy Formidable, Imelda May, Ryan Bingham & the Dead Horses, The Cool Kids, The Cars, Portugal. The Man, Arctic Monkeys, Damian Marley & Nas, Explosions in the Sky, Foo Fighters, Deadmau5)
8.6 Titus Andronicus
8.7 Iceage
8.12 Raw Nerve, Birth, The Men
8.16 Phish
8.26 The War on Drugs, Caveman, Tammar

9.3-4 PJ20
9.10 Bravo, Max!
9.17 The Sadies
9.19 Viva Voce
9.22 Okkervil River
9.24 Hideout Block Party - Jon Langford & the Burlington Welsh Male Chorus, Mavis Staples, Dosh, Andrew Bird
9.25 The Horrors
9.28 Broken Social Scene
9.30 Peaking Lights, Oval

10.1 Cultivate Festival (Calexico)
10.5 X performs Los Angeles
10.6 Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks
10.12 Zola Jesus
10.13 Ryan Adams
10.15 Ryan Adams
10.16 Treasure Island Festival (Thee Oh Sees, Weekend, The Antlers, Warpaint, Wild Beasts, the Head and the Heart, St. Vincent, Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, Beach House)
10.20 the Black Angels, Dead Meadow

11.8 Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter (early) A.A. Bondy (late)
11.12 Scratch Acid
11.17 M83, Active Child
11.30 Jay-Z/Kanye West

12.8 White Mystery
12.11 Ryan Adams, Jessica Lea Mayfield
12.13 Wilco
12.14 My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses
12.31 Disappears
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

I have tickets to see, in this order: Chris Cornell, Band of Horse, MMJ, Daniel Martin Moore & Sollee & Yim, The Dark Side of the Wall, Ryan Adams, Dr Dog, Radiohead, Roger Waters - The Wall.

I know I've said this in the past, but Louisville natives an surrounding towns DO NOT MISS The Dark Side of the Wall of you like Pink Floyd.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Northern Neighbour

Off to see Prince in Montreal tonight and then again tomorrow in Ottawa.

Wednesday, seeing Neko Case.

wolof7

Seeing Justin Townes Earle this Sunday at one of my all-time favorite venues, Narrows Center of the Arts in Fall River MA.

Never seen him before...What can I expect from his show? Does he play with a band?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ralph

From ALady's post above...
"12.11 Ryan Adams, Jessica Lea Mayfield
12.13 Wilco
12.14 My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses"

Maggie, thats a amazingly awesome 4 days you have coming up...

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 02, 2011, 11:29 PM
Seeing Justin Townes Earle this Sunday at one of my all-time favorite venues, Narrows Center of the Arts in Fall River MA.

Never seen him before...What can I expect from his show? Does he play with a band?

He has a small band with him.  He's, well, folky, so expect a nice, entertaining, but laid-back concert.  Enjoy the show.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Dec 03, 2011, 02:41 AM
Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 02, 2011, 11:29 PM

He has a small band with him.  He's, well, folky, so expect a nice, entertaining, but laid-back concert.  Enjoy the show.
I love seeing JTE live. his banter between songs is really funny and he always plays with a lot of enthusiasm. His covers are great aswell.
How loud can silence get?

ALady

Quote from: ralph on Dec 02, 2011, 11:35 PM
12.13 Wilco

It ain't bad, right?  As they fell into place I was like "whoa.".  The 6am flight after Wilco will hurt a bit, though :D

Enjoy JTE, wolof!  He's a great performer.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

wolof7

Quote from: ALady on Dec 03, 2011, 09:52 AM
12.13 Wilco

It ain't bad, right?  As they fell into place I was like "whoa.".  The 6am flight after Wilco will hurt a bit, though :D

ALady, what a schedule, I am very jealous of your whole year in music and what a way to cap it off!! (really love Jessica Lea Mayfield, feel she is really underrated)

Thanks for the info all on JTE, can't wait for the show, I'll make sure to report back!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ralph

Quote from: ALady on Dec 03, 2011, 09:52 AM
12.13 Wilco

Wilco should be announcing an Aussie tour for April so I'll be seeing Ry Ry, Wilco & MMJ in a 6 week period, but all 3 in 4 days? Wow...

I hear ya about the 6am flight though! But with MMJ and a reunion on the other side you'll be right! So wish I could go to the New York show...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

mahg33ta

Quote from: ALady on Nov 30, 2011, 03:04 PM
12.1 Jay-Z/Kanye West
12.7 Rocket from the Tombs
12.11 Ryan Adams, Jessica Lea Mayfield
12.13 Wilco
12.14 My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses
12.31 Disappears, Bare Mutants, Outer Minds

I've said this a few times ALady but bravo  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: your schedule is always an inspiration.   Also, I notice a lot of "new" music I am just getting into is on your shows list for 6-9 months ago.   I should just watch your shows for future ideas.

My list is much shorter but I'm still pumped.   The two venues couldn't be more different.

12/12:  Band of Horses at Paradise, Boston
12/14:  band of Horses / MMJ at MSG

Penny Lane

Just got offered a ticket to see Ryan Adams tonight at the Ed Sullivan Theater!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tdb810

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 05, 2011, 12:03 PM
NICE ms pennylane!  It's all that good karma around you  ;) Have fun! Remember the last time we were in the Ed Sullivan theater???  :thumbsup:
.....Back at the Model Home

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Dec 05, 2011, 03:06 PM
NICE ms pennylane!  It's all that good karma around you  ;) Have fun! Remember the last time we were in the Ed Sullivan theater???  :thumbsup:

I do! (sniff sniff)...and we hit up that swanky bar afterwards!

Ruckus

lucky dog! 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Sidus

Damn, planned to go to a Felice Brothers show next week (with AA Bondy), but it's cancelled due to illness of the singer :(. I'm not a huge fan of their albums. I like some songs, but many songs are boring imo, but I don't know them that well, so I wanted to give them a chance. Maybe hearing the songs live would change my opinion. And I heard their live show is good and they would play in my home town so I wanted to go... Luckily I dindn't have tickets yet. Hopefully they will come back when the singer is better! Lots of fans on this board so it has to be good ;)

Penny Lane

Quote from: Sidus on Dec 06, 2011, 07:12 AM
Damn, planned to go to a Felice Brothers show next week (with AA Bondy), but it's cancelled due to illness of the singer :(. I'm not a huge fan of their albums. I like some songs, but many songs are boring imo, but I don't know them that well, so I wanted to give them a chance. Maybe hearing the songs live would change my opinion. And I heard their live show is good and they would play in my home town so I wanted to go... Luckily I dindn't have tickets yet. Hopefully they will come back when the singer is better! Lots of fans on this board so it has to be good ;)

seeing them live will definitely convert you! i'm sure of it...
i saw that about Ian F---shingles? that's a painful deal!

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Dec 05, 2011, 03:06 PM

so i walk in the Sullivan Theater last night and all over the monitors, they're playing the MMJ show from last year!

i hadn't seen RA in about 6 or 7 years and had forgotten how incredible he is, i'm sad i choose not to get tix to the NYC show tonight, gotta save $ somewhere! he played about 10 songs, starting with Sweet Carolina, Ashes & Fire, If i am stranger..then ending on 16 Days.  i'd forgotten how perfect his voice and playing could be..he was hilarious, too...this tour has had some great banter...last night he went on for about 10 min about how they changed the theme song on Moonlighting! (for those younger kids on here, you've probably never heard of that show, but it was controversial in its day)..ha ha...

Penny Lane

Alabama Shakes (tomorrow) Brooklyn Bowl 12/8
Devil Makes Three (Sat) in Portland 12/10
MMJ (WOOT!) 12/14

buaawwww

I've got one... and only one...

MMJ 12/14!!!!!!!!!
Been too long since the last time I saw them...