Quote from: mahg33ta on Dec 04, 2011, 10:15 AM
Quote from: ALady on Nov 30, 2011, 03:04 PM
12.1 Jay-Z/Kanye West
12.7 Rocket from the Tombs
12.11 Ryan Adams, Jessica Lea Mayfield
12.13 Wilco
12.14 My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses
12.31 Disappears, Bare Mutants, Outer Minds

I've said this a few times ALady but bravo  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: your schedule is always an inspiration.   Also, I notice a lot of "new" music I am just getting into is on your shows list for 6-9 months ago.   I should just watch your shows for future ideas.

My list is much shorter but I'm still pumped.   The two venues couldn't be more different.

12/12:  Band of Horses at Paradise, Boston
12/14:  band of Horses / MMJ at MSG

Well, thanks.  I do try to get out a bit.  Maybe at the end of the year I'll post a friend's list...it's a real jawdropper!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjk73

I already have a ticket for The Lemonheads playing It's A Shame About Ray at a tiny club. I have Craig Finn and A War On Drugs both playing tiny clubs and now M83 is coming which I will be getting a pre sale ticket. These are just the shows I am going to. I'm missing Andrew Bird and a bunch of others.

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

mjk73

It would be worth it just to see J Rod and Dead Confederate at that show.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: mjk73 on Dec 07, 2011, 03:07 PM

Me and j_rud were having that discussion last night. If we hadn't just seen J Roddy for the first time this past weekend, we'd probably skip this, since we've both grown averse to trips to NYC. J Roddy really is my reason for being there this time... and I'm a huge DT fan.

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 07, 2011, 03:51 PM

Me and j_rud were having that discussion last night. If we hadn't just seen J Roddy for the first time this past weekend, we'd probably skip this, since we've both grown averse to trips to NYC. J Roddy really is my reason for being there this time... and I'm a huge DT fan.

would have loved to spend NYE with you, Ruckus and the RUD....but i'll be in DC all weekend ...will get to see J Roddy on 12/30, though...this will be a killer show, though!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 07, 2011, 04:07 PM

would have loved to spend NYE with you, Ruckus and the RUD....but i'll be in DC all weekend ...will get to see J Roddy on 12/30, though...this will be a killer show, though!

Before this show was announced I was thinking of going down to DC for that J Roddy show (with DBT, right?)... but this one's won me over.

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 07, 2011, 04:27 PM

Before this show was announced I was thinking of going down to DC for that J Roddy show (with DBT, right?)... but this one's won me over.

Yep
12/29  Lucero/DBT
12/30  J Roddy/DBT
12/31  Alabama Shakes/Booker T/DBT

not too shabby

woodnymph

Ahhhh looks like everyone's got their game faces on for some serious shows!!!  I haven't gone to 1/8 as many shows as usual this year, buuuuuut...... my own little slice of heaven is approaching  :)

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 07, 2011, 04:40 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 07, 2011, 04:27 PM

Yep
12/29  Lucero/DBT
12/30  J Roddy/DBT
12/31  Alabama Shakes/Booker T/DBT

not too shabby

Whoa Booker T!? Yep... I'm a little jealous.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 07, 2011, 10:37 PM
Ahhhh looks like everyone's got their game faces on for some serious shows!!!  I haven't gone to 1/8 as many shows as usual this year, buuuuuut...... my own little slice of heaven is approaching  :)

My friend Josh's band is playing that I think. Leroy Justice they are called.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

woodnymph

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 07, 2011, 11:38 PMMy friend Josh's band is playing that I think. Leroy Justice they are called.

Oh! Oh!  I'll keep my eyes (and ears) open!!  Hope to see them!!  Feel like I've heard that name around!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

youreveningcoat

Seeing Doobie Brothers in febuary for a second time and hopefully MMJ in april for the first time.
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

MarkW

Should've been at Felice Brothers / AA Bondy last night, but it got cancelled at the last moment.  At least the rearranged date is something to look forward to in March 2012...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 08, 2011, 12:14 AM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 07, 2011, 11:38 PMMy friend Josh's band is playing that I think. Leroy Justice they are called.

Oh! Oh!  I'll keep my eyes (and ears) open!!  Hope to see them!!  Feel like I've heard that name around!

Checked it out, they aren't playing the actual show, but they're playing "christmas jam by day" (?) on Saturday afternoon. Id check them out though, they're good.

Leroy Justice "Temporary Cure" live at Mountain Jam 2011

My friend Josh is their drummer.

Penny Lane

Ghosts-----that's your friend's band? i've seen them a handful of times, including at Maxwells and the Brooklyn Bowl (and I think I saw them with Brooke and bluesky opening up for Anders Osborne?)...they're terrific..are they out of Scranton or WB?

they had some sort of flag on the keys, but i can't remember...a PA flag or confederate?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 08, 2011, 09:28 AM
Ghosts-----that's your friend's band? i've seen them a handful of times, including at Maxwells and the Brooklyn Bowl (and I think I saw them with Brooke and bluesky opening up for Anders Osborne?)...they're terrific..are they out of Scranton or WB?

they had some sort of flag on the keys, but i can't remember...a PA flag or confederate?

Yeah, I've known Josh since about 2002, he used to date my cousin. Him and the singer are from WB, don't think the other guys are though. the band is based out of nyc though.

Penny Lane

Anyone in the NYC area wanna see Paste Magazine's best new band?!
I've got an extra ticket for tonight's Alabama Shakes show at the Brooklyn Bowl. (FREE)
Brooke, bluesky, Jbones 72 (remember him!?) will be there.

e_wind

last night was Cornell, so:

Band of Horse, MMJ
Daniel Martin Moore & Sollee & Yim
The Dark Side of the Wall
Ryan Adams
Dr Dog
Radiohead
Roger Waters - The Wall.

im not complaining right now
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

buaawwww

From a guy that never wins anything... I just WON 2 tickets to see KYUSS LIVES / THE SWORD at the Paramount in Huntington, LI!?!?  Great way to start the weekend!!!!