Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 07, 2011, 10:37 PM
Ahhhh looks like everyone's got their game faces on for some serious shows!!!  I haven't gone to 1/8 as many shows as usual this year, buuuuuut...... my own little slice of heaven is approaching  :)

Hope you're having a blast Woody!! Been listening to a great stream of this. Sounds fantastic, and loads of fun.       :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  8)
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

Quote from: ericm on Dec 10, 2011, 11:49 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 07, 2011, 10:37 PM
Ahhhh looks like everyone's got their game faces on for some serious shows!!!  I haven't gone to 1/8 as many shows as usual this year, buuuuuut...... my own little slice of heaven is approaching  :)

Hope you're having a blast Woody!! Been listening to a great stream of this. Sounds fantastic, and loads of fun.       :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  8)

Oh!! glad you caught that stream!  I was watching the camera buzz all over the audience and stage all night and was hoping someone would catch it!!

God they tore the cosmos to bits... Los Lobos went on before Phil, and they ended their set with Warren coming out and everyone playing a mean Bertha!!

Then......

Phil Lesh & Friends (Warren Haynes, Jackie Greene, Jeff Chimenti & Joe Russo)

Shakedown Street >
Deal >
Viola Lee Blues >
Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) >
Viola Lee Blues >
China Cat Sunflower >
I Know You Rider
Dark Star >
She Said, She Said >
Dark Star >
Wharf Rat >
The Other One > with Jimmy Herring
Sugaree with Jimmy Herring

And to top it off, I called at least 5 or 6 of the songs from nearly their very first note-- the full moon had me on fire!!  And I even successfully maintained a clear area for dancing the whole night!  (And I was in a pretty thick part of the crowd!)  It really was a magic night, and I tried my self best to dance and enjoy it the way I know my buddy Jimmy would.
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

EasyRyder

Glad you had room to dance, Woody! A night of unforgettable memories is seems  :) What a SET.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

ericm

Woody - It was one of the better streams I've caught in a while. Crystal clear, no freezing, and I knew you were there representing!!  8)

Glad you had a good time, were on top of the "name that tune", and gotta love some room for dancin'!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on your friend, Jimmy. I've got a good feeling everything's going to turn out ok.
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

Thanks guys!!  Gov't Mule didn't even start until 2am  :-X  We stayed out for the whole kit-n-kaboodle, and they did such a great Dear Prudence!!!  And the day before the show, my friend & I were talking music, and I mentioned that not many bands ever cover the Doors.  He's so into Umphrey's McGee and Phish, and he's constantly barraging me with "they covered this," or "they covered that," and I'd brought up that I've never really heard anyone cover the Doors much.

So it's like 3:15am, and Gov't Mule starts into "When the Music's Ooooverrrrr......"  and I lose it.  I was passing out because it was so late, and I knew we were in for a bit of a drive after the show... and when they kicked into the Doors, I caught a second wind thank god. And I go to my friend, "I'm secretly hoping they end with this tune, as much as I'd like to stay... but it's late, and this song is just way too appropriate to not leave things off here...."  Then they totally did end with it!!  It was great... Warren really pulled it off!

But I only did sleep about 3.5 hours last night, so I really should be off.... thanks so much for your feedback and thoughts though guys!!   :-*  More updates on all accounts coming soon.....
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

mjk73

Ok a few more shows were announced today. 2012 is turning out to be insane. There is no way I can do all of these. Time to prioritize.

Lemonheads (Doing Ray in it's entirity) 1/28
Craig Finn of THS 2/10
FRANK TURNER!!! 2/21
Zola Jesus 2/23
Andrew Bird 3/22
War On Drugs 3/31
Bear In Heavan 4/1
M83 5/2

dragonboy

Manic Street Preachers tomorrow!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Penny Lane

Quote from: dragonboy on Dec 16, 2011, 11:46 AM
Manic Street Preachers tomorrow!

SWEET! on my bucket list...

and MJK---good for you! It's a Shame about Ray!~ Take some video...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

dragonboy

Should be great: To celebrate the release of 'National Treasures', the band will play a unique, once in a lifetime Christmas party at the O2 in London. The band promise "Glitter, glamour, special guests and a ticker-tape celebration. A never to be repeated one-off visual experience encompassing 21 years of MSP with 38 songs - from 1990's 'Motown Junk' to (but not in order!) 2011's 'The Is The Day'. There will be an interval in order to top up on refreshments and like all the best parties, you'll talk about it for years to come and your friends will wish they'd been there."
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjk73

I still have time to get to London for this right?!?! Sounds fantastic DB

Penny- I can't make all of those so I'm picking and choosing. Since I'm not running a marathon, someone can't use that as an excuse for me to not go.

dragonboy

Mazzy Star playing London in June?!! Worth going I wonder? Is Hope any better behaved when she's with David?

buaawwww

Howlin Rain coming to the East Coast @ Mercury Lounge in NYC.. and for a measly $13 bucks?!

mjk73

Quote from: dragonboy on Dec 21, 2011, 06:47 AM
Mazzy Star playing London in June?!! Worth going I wonder? Is Hope any better behaved when she's with David?
If I rememeber from eons ago seeing them she was very subdued but they played with minimal breaks between songs.

ralph

I'm getting rather excited by 2012...

30/12 - the chruch
6/1 - J Mascis
2/3 - Jason Isbell
3/3 - Ryan Adams w/ Jason Isbell
3/4 - My Morning Jacket!!!
4/4 - My Morning Jacket!!!

Still waiting for announcements for Wilco & Gillian Welch
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

mjk73

Quote from: ralph on Dec 21, 2011, 09:04 PM

30/12 - the chruch
sigh, jealous

ralph

Quote from: mjk73 on Dec 21, 2011, 09:08 PM

30/12 - the chruch
sigh, jealous

playing untitled #23, Priest = Aura and Starfish!!!! 

3 1/2 hrs, Will be EPIC.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Penny Lane

Kind of wish i was sticking around for the Deer Tick show here but heading to DC in the AM (9:30 Club)

12/29  Lucero/Drive-by Truckers
12/30  J Roddy/Drive-by Truckers
12/31  Alabama Shakes/Booker T/Drive-by Truckers

Looking forward to ending the year right !~

YouAre_GivenToFly

12/31/11 - Virgin Forest, Confederate Sons, J Roddy, Deer Tick

2012 Shaping up to be a good year as well...

3/24/12 - Dr. Dog (Electric Factory)
4/3/12 - Wild Flag (Trocadero)
4/20/12 - J Roddy, Lucero (Webster Hall, but I'm not sure about making the trip to NYC for this one yet...)

Fingers crossed for some Delta Spirit and Wilco shows.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

MrWhippy

Quote from: ralph on Dec 21, 2011, 09:11 PM

30/12 - the chruch
sigh, jealous

3 1/2 hrs, Will be EPIC.

I caught The Church when they did this tour in the US in 2011, and it IS epic.  I love how they took the full album craze and one-upped everyone by doing three full records in one night.  Getting to see Priest = Aura performed in full was something I never would have believed I would get to see. 

The tour was very successful in the USA, and I think they sold out every show and broke records on merch sales.  I'm hoping that means they will do a similar tour in the future, and hopefully play The Blurred Crusade.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Penny Lane

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 03, 2012, 06:31 AM
Quote from: ralph on Dec 21, 2011, 09:11 PM

30/12 - the chruch
sigh, jealous

3 1/2 hrs, Will be EPIC.

I caught The Church when they did this tour in the US in 2011, and it IS epic.  I love how they took the full album craze and one-upped everyone by doing three full records in one night.  Getting to see Priest = Aura performed in full was something I never would have believed I would get to see. 

The tour was very successful in the USA, and I think they sold out every show and broke records on merch sales.  I'm hoping that means they will do a similar tour in the future, and hopefully play The Blurred Crusade.

was a huge fan of The Church!! nice....