Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 21, 2012, 11:35 AM
I rarely have enough to post here, but in the absence of MMJ, some upcoming live music and comedy for yours truly...

Tonight     Suncook Valley Chorale, Concord NH (my Mom's group; she'll love that I 
                include it here)
1/28         Juston McKinney, Hillsboro NH (comedy)
2/04         Frampton Comes Alive!, Worcester MA
2/18         Jim Gaffigan, Boston MA (comedy)
3/16         New Multitudes, Boston MA (Yim, Will, etc.)
5/05         M. Ward, Portland ME
5/31-6/2   Mountain Jam, Hunter NY (greater than 50% chance)
6/29         Roger Waters The Wall, Hartford CT 

I know this is small potatoes for most of you, but Mrs. Dr. Yac is asking that I cool it after this, knowing some likely MMJ-related thing, yet unforseen, will come up later in the year.  She's probably/hopefully correct.

only took her 3 days to be proven correct

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
I rarely have enough to post here, but in the absence of MMJ, some upcoming live music and comedy for yours truly...

Tonight     Suncook Valley Chorale, Concord NH (my Mom's group; she'll love that I 
                include it here)

I know this is small potatoes for most of you, but Mrs. Dr. Yac is asking that I cool it after this, knowing some likely MMJ-related thing, yet unforseen, will come up later in the year.  She's probably/hopefully correct.

Yes, which isn't helping matters.  :(
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 24, 2012, 05:36 PM

include it here)

Yes, which isn't helping matters.  :(
Dude, you have got to do a little tit for tat here. Go do some things that she likes to do. If she gets out and enjoys herself, she'll be more likely to be ok with the trip.

FiddleCastro

Most of my live events budget is going to Basketball this time of year, but I do have this on tap!

Sharon Van Etten 2-24, Music Hall of Williamsburg
Sharon Van Etten 2-25 & 2-26 Bowery Ballroom

:)
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ru-day

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jan 26, 2012, 06:16 AM
Most of my live events budget is going to Basketball this time of year, but I do have this on tap!

Finally someone mentions the GREAT SVE!!! Im catching her LA show my self, but wish I had the  chance to catch two shows like you are on this tour. LOVVVVVVING HER NEW ALBUM!!! :thumbsup:

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Ru-day on Jan 27, 2012, 09:37 PM

Finally someone mentions the GREAT SVE!!! Im catching her LA show my self, but wish I had the  chance to catch two shows like you are on this tour. LOVVVVVVING HER NEW ALBUM!!! :thumbsup:

Haha, I haven't been around here in a while, I figured she'd get some love on the forums, but I guess not! I caught her at Bonnaroo this year, and absolutely loved her set.  "Tramp" is incredible. I think I've listened to it 10+ times already.

You can see me at 2:43, I'm the dude with the MMJ shirt  ;D
Sharon Van Etten - One Day (Live from Bonnaroo 2011)

YouAre_GivenToFly

Updated... 2012 us shaping up to be a hell of a year

3/13 - Jim James, Jay Farrar etc. on that Woodie Guthrie tribute tour
3/24 - Dr Dog in Philly
3/25 - Dr Dog in Philly
3/29 - Joy Formidable
3/30 - Delta Spirit
4/3 - Wild Flag
4/6 - Jonny Corndawg
4/11 - White Denim
4/20 - J Roddy Walston & Lucero in NYC
4/22 - J Roddy Walston & Lucero in Philly
7/14 - MMJ
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jan 28, 2012, 02:05 AM

Haha, I haven't been around here in a while, I figured she'd get some love on the forums, but I guess not! I caught her at Bonnaroo this year, and absolutely loved her set.  "Tramp" is incredible. I think I've listened to it 10+ times already.

whoa! great shot of you, Fiddle! she reminds me so much of Jessica Leah Mayfield..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

I've mentioned her a couple times - saw her open for Iron & Wine and got my CD autographed by her at the merch table, and mentioned the new album in the most anticipated albums of 2012 thread.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ru-day

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 28, 2012, 03:22 AM

whoa! great shot of you, Fiddle! she reminds me so much of Jessica Leah Mayfield..

MMJ soldiers are every where!!! Thanks for sharing that video with all of us. Last year I saw her at the Detroit  Bar(super intimate performance) and half way into the show I felt like my heart was gonna explode out of my chest from the excitement. She's one of the best acts out there...for sure!! Fun fact...the ticket to this show cost me ten bucks, and the show landed my top three shows of last year.  Love me some SVE!!!

Ru-day

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 28, 2012, 03:32 AM

I've mentioned her a couple times - saw her open for Iron & Wine and got my CD autographed by her at the merch table, and mentioned the new album in the most anticipated albums of 2012 thread.

I totally missed those mentions  :-\ but Im happy to see SVE is getting some well deserved praise from this forum.  By the way her opening for Iron & Wine sounds EPIC!! I as well had a chance to meet her at the merch table last year and her autograph my record. She's one genuine individual.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 28, 2012, 03:22 AM

She was playing the same time as Jessica Lea Mayfield, and was talking about how much she likes Jessica, and wished she could catch her set!  ;D

I also had to opportunity to catch her opening for the National. AMAZING.

FiddleCastro

adding  Wild Flag 4/1  :)

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

br00ke

2/8 - Karl Denson's Tiny Universe + Anders Osborne playing Sticky Fingers

2/9 - Erik Deutsch, Joe Russo, Scott Metzger, & Hagar Ben-Ari .. a wee super group of some local favorites from other bands

3/14 - Woodie Guthrie project with JJ, Jay Farrar, Will Johnson, and Anders Parker

3/29 - Delta Spirit

4/6 - War on Drugs

4/13 - White Denim

4/20 - Portugal. The Man

5/2 - 5/7 - JAZZFEST  :thumbsup:

ALady

Quote from: ALady on Jan 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
1.7 E+, Apteka, Secret Colours
1.14 Heavy Times, Solid Attitude, Hecks
1.26 Kathleen Edwards

2.1 E+
2.15 Bleached, The Black Belles, Hollows
2.16 Sharon Van Etten, Shearwater
2.18 Charles Bradley and His Extraordinaires
2.21 Zola Jesus
2.28 Memoryhouse
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ManNamedTruth

Feb 29 - Galactic (leap year show!)
March 1 - Dr. Dog
April 8 - Shabazz Palaces
July 3 - Roger Waters

Got tickets for Galactic and Roger Waters, not sure if I'm going to the other shows yet.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

Hope you get to see Shabazz True.  That's a pretty stripped down tour their doing.

2-12 - The Pilgrim - Ottobar
2-17 - Bonerama - 8x10
3-08 - Secret Mountains, Arbouretum, Sri Aurobindo - Ottobar
3-17 - Dr. Dog - Ram's Head (Paddy's Day)
3-24 - Dr. Dog - Electric Factory
3-31 - Delta Spirit - 930 Club
5-18 - Meshuggah, Baroness - Theatre of the Living Arts
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Agreed, make a point to get to that Shabazz show if you can.   :thumbsup:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold992006

The Kills/Jeff The Brotherhood tonight.

Charles Bradley/Little Barrie tomorrow night...can't wait!!