Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

It'll be a tough sell finding someone to go to Shabazz with. I might have to go alone witch I do sometimes, but I don't prefer to.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

vespachick

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Feb 03, 2012, 03:06 PM
It'll be a tough sell finding someone to go to Shabazz with. I might have to go alone witch I do sometimes, but I don't prefer to.

If it helps at all Truth, tell your prospective invitees that someone you know (me) who strongly dislikes/hates most/all hip hop type stuff, inadvertently saw Shabazz Palaces while manning the rail at a festival waiting for the Jacket.  Turns out, Shabazz was really super fun to watch and I would even consider listening to them occasionally afterward.  Though I haven't.  But they were good live for sure!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

vespachick

Oh, also:

Tonight, 2/3: White Denim and Wilco
Wednesday 2/8: White Denim and Wilco

:beer:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Luna Moth

Upcoming Nashville stuff

Big g 2/9 pass, see um this summer some, saxxy
Yonder mountain/stringdusters 2/10(at new venue the one Warren played)
Moe 2/17
Darkstar 2/20
Rusko 2/3 forced to go for birthday
P groove 2/4 pass
Lotus pass
Neon indian 3/10 (new album in 2011)
Galactic 4/18
Jojo 4/20 possibly with mardi gras band
Other indie check um outs

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: vespachick on Feb 03, 2012, 05:10 PM
Oh, also:

Tonight, 2/3: White Denim and Wilco
Wednesday 2/8: White Denim and Wilco

I wish that tour was coming through Pittsburgh

ManNamedTruth

I haven't seen Wilco since 2006  :(

ManNamedTruth

ManNamedTruth

$10 for a ticket, looks like it shouldn't be a hard sell after all.

johnnYYac

Tonight, I will be 12 all over again...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

TheThird

Mumford and Sons Tuesday March 6th at the Ryman!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

blucas

I have a little shelf where I keep my concert tix...sometimes I have 5 or 6 shows waiting for me and life is good.  Unfortunately, my shelf has been bare since MMJ at Gibson in December (like a dummy, I recently let another opportunity pass to see Wilco for the first time  >:().  However, the shelf is occupied again with Edward Sharpe and Magnetic Zeros (quite the spectacle) with the supremely talented Rocco DeLucca as opener at the Rialto Theater, a small historic venue in Tuscon.  Tuscon crowds are very colorful and eclectic and overall better music fans compared to Phoenix, so that's a plus.  Gonna take my 11 yr old twins for their 1st indoor show.  We'll hit Biosphere 2 on the way down and stay the night in the "haunted" Hotel Congress.   :)
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

rmpotsy

^ive got a little drawer that has been bare since mmj at vandy i believe.  it feels real good to have some stuff in the pipeline!

what im going to see in the ville...

truckers on thursday!!!!
heartless bastards - 2/13
VAN HALEN WITH DAVID MOTHER F#%KIN LEE ROTH - 2/18
dr. dog - 3/2
the head and the heart - 3/6
janes addiction at the palace (where unstaged was) - 3/23
mickey hart band w/dave schools - 4/10

ive been missing some music since the little one arrived, its going to be a good month or so.  ville folks, any other good stuff im leaving out?
out go the lights it begins

EasyRyder

Medeski Martin & Wood 2/10
Yonder Mountain 2/12
Jimbo Mathus 2/17
David Mayfield Parade 2/26
Dead Fingers 3/3
Dr. Dog 3/5
J Roddy 3/8
Alabama Shakes & Dexateens 3/23
Delta Spirit 4/9
North Mississippi Allstars 4/14
Johnny Corndawg 4/23
Jazz Fesssst - Vedder Day & MMJ Day (Maybe Sunday too)

"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

ManNamedTruth

Got tickets for Shabazz Palaces, yinz have convinced me to go.

ALady

Woo!  You won't regret it  :beer:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Eweezy

The Avett Brothers...this Friday 02/10 @ Sunset Cove Amphitheater in Boca Raton :D

Young the Giant     03/18  @ Culture Room  -  Ft. Lauderdale

Van Halen              04/10  @ Bank Atlantic   -  Sunrise
Yikes!

Fully

Alabama Shakes in Huntsville, Alabama on March 30

blucas

The dam has broke and things are looking good through May.  Picked up tix today for a couple of shows; Spiritualized and Brian Jonestown Massacre.  Gonna get polyphonic spree tix on fri (I've never seen them but was big Tripping Daisy fan).  Considering Drive By Truckers...havent seen them either, but worried they won't live up to the high bar that has been set for them on this site  ::).  All four of those are at Crescent Ballroom, a (relatively) new spot in Pho.  Love the acts they are bringing in!  Also, Black Joe Lewis and McDowell Mtn Music Fest. 
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Crispy

Rocklahoma! Now I can count on seeing Ruckus before Forecastle! (this happens Memorial Day)

• Rob Zombie• Chickenfoot featuring Joe Satriani, Kenny Aronoff, Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar• Creed • Megadeth• Slash• Queensrÿche• Chevelle• Theory of a Deadman• Jackyl• Puddle of Mudd• Hellyeah• P.O.D.• Volbeat• 10 Years• Cavo• Adelitas Way• Black Stone Cherry• Pop Evil• Red• The Darkness• Art of Dying• Trivium• Aranda• Redlight King• James Durbin• Janus• New Medicine• Rival Sons• Anti-Mortem• Gypsy Pistoleros• Wildstreet• Firstryke• Black Tora• Sunset Riot• The Glitter Boys• Fist of Rage• Switchblade Scarlett• Krank • and more
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
Rocklahoma! Now I can count on seeing Ruckus before Forecastle! (this happens Memorial Day)

• Rob Zombie• Chickenfoot featuring Joe Satriani, Kenny Aronoff, Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar• Creed • Megadeth• Slash• Queensrÿche• Chevelle• Theory of a Deadman• Jackyl• Puddle of Mudd• Hellyeah• P.O.D.• Volbeat• 10 Years• Cavo• Adelitas Way• Black Stone Cherry• Pop Evil• Red• The Darkness• Art of Dying• Trivium• Aranda• Redlight King• James Durbin• Janus• New Medicine• Rival Sons• Anti-Mortem• Gypsy Pistoleros• Wildstreet• Firstryke• Black Tora• Sunset Riot• The Glitter Boys• Fist of Rage• Switchblade Scarlett• Krank • and more
:o :o :o

I'm loving Dave Mustaine's waffling on this quasi endorsement of Rick Santorum ;D  ROCK N' ROLL!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head