Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucylew

Fo' sho'!  I was thinking about the D show at the Fox, but I haven't yet committed.  Saw them at the Bridge School Benefit a few years ago and they kicked ass.

Penny Lane

Dead Confederate: Macon, GA (Friday)

PS--i can't wait for ALady to get back from SXSW---want to hear her stories!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ellisintransit

After Dr. Dog last week at War Memorial in Nashville, I'm completing my unofficial "Ellis' Road to Forecastle" tour with Andrew Bird at the Ryman tonight.  So excited.  He's always amazing, and his last Ryman show was terrific as always.  Eugene Mirman as the opener, which will be a nice change of pace from some random folksy band I've never heard of. 

AAAAAND, I'm a big Tame Impala fan.  Some of the guys from that band have a side project called Pond (not to be confused with the 90's Portland band of the same name).  It is every bit as good as Tame Impala (imo) and even though they aren't playing a Nashville show, Grimey's snagged them for an instore today.  Taking off work early for that.  DOUBLE WHAMMY!

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

TheThird

Going to see Iron & Wine April 28th  :D Does anyone know if he's touring with a full band or if it'll just be him?
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: TheThird on Mar 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
Going to see Iron & Wine April 28th  :D Does anyone know if he's touring with a full band or if it'll just be him?

I'm willing to bet its a full band. That being said... you're in for a treat man.

TheThird

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Mar 26, 2012, 10:53 PM

I'm willing to bet its a full band. That being said... you're in for a treat man.

Excited would be an huge understatement! I figure that if I can't go to Newport this year then I can at least knock all the artist off individually  :thumbsup:
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

woodnymph

dkjglkajglkajglkdjgha////dhkjakhjfhaklg  I can't stop listening to Shepherd's Dog again for Springtime!!!!  Lucky lucky lucky you are!!!

Quite possibly my favorite Spring songggg

Iron & Wine - Lovesong of the Buzzard

Have a blast!!! Let's have a look-see at this tour schedule.... I think they may have been coming somewhat close to Asheville; though that may likely be a fantasy memory.....
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Yeah that Chattanooga show you're going to is the "closest" to me.... at a 4 hour haul.... which..... I'm obviously calculating and recalculating ways to make that work, in my head

Always looks good on paper.........  :embarassed:   :P  Hmmmmmmmm........
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Crispy

An eargasm of feelgood music tonight in Tulsa at the Cain's: Grouplove opening for Young the Giant. Should be a lot of fun, too bad it's on a school night!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

YouAre_GivenToFly

FINALLY!!!!!  :D

Wilco is playing Philadelphia!

July 21st... part of this year's version of the same XPN festival I saw Jim play solo in 2008.

Also playing this year... DR DOG.

Wilco & Dr Dog twice in a week.... not too shabby.

manonthemoon

Jeff The Brotherhood hitting the road again.
Alive or Just Breathing

Ruckus

3/30 - The Pilgrim, Northernmost, Convocation - Golden West
3/31 - Delta Spririt - 930
4/7 - Alabama Shakes - Rams Head - must sell, family coming into town
4/21 - Kylesa, GWAR - Sonar
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

blucas

The Polyphonic Spree tonight.  I'm curious as to how they will fit 29 musicians into a little bar and still leave enough maneuvering room for my access to cocktails.
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Penny Lane

Brooke, Tired Eyes and I have Delta Spirit tonight!  :thumbsup:

Penny Lane

I"m very excited about the future:

April 6 DBT Work Play (Birmingham)
April 7 DBT Work Play (Birmingham)
April 20 J Roddy/Lucero (NYC)
April 21 Drive-by Truckers (Atlanta--including P Hood record store day appearance)
4/27-30 Jazz Fest first weekend including Gary Clark HOB tix
5/3-5/6 Jazz Fest with MMJ crew second weekend

Ob1jacobe

White denim - Granada Dallas April
Sleigh Bells - Granada Dallas

First time to see both.  Love White Denim last album.  Sleigh Bells was my brothers pick but think it should be good show too.

ALady

Quote from: ALady on Mar 02, 2012, 04:48 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 02, 2012, 03:46 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
1.7 E+, Apteka, Secret Colours
1.14 Heavy Times, Solid Attitude, Hecks
1.26 Kathleen Edwards

2.1 E+
2.15 Bleached, The Black Belles, Hollows
2.16 Sharon Van Etten, Shearwater

3.3 Atlas Sound
3.9 Rich Robinson
3.13-18 SXSW:
3.13: Led Er Est, Dirty Ghosts, White Fence, Thee Oh Sees
3.14: Hospitality, The Love Language, Widowspeak, Phosphorescent, Delta Spirit, Y La Bamba, Father John Misty, The Citizens Band, Amen Dunes, Zola Jesus, Psychic Ills
3.15: Pujol, Cold Showers, Apache Dropout, Wet Hair, Bad Weather California, Daughters, JD McPherson, Ana Egge, Johnny Corndawg, Jenny O, White Dress, Rhett Miller, Phosphorescent, Father John Misty, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Blitzen Trapper, Gary Clark Jr.
3.16: Elle King, Yellow Ostrich, Nite Jewel, Choir of Young Believers, Pickwick, Tennis, Built to Spill
3.17: 2:54, Mikal Cronin, Diamond Rugs, Okkervil River, Eric and the Happy Thoughts, The Band in Heaven, Bleeding Rainbow, Ketamines, Obnox, Nones, Heavy Times, Rayon Beach, Puffy Areolas
3.18: The Black Belles
3.19 Fiona Apple
3.29 Mind Spiders
3.30 Jeff Tweedy

4.10 Perfume Genius
4.13 Disappears
4.26-29 Austin Psych Fest
4.30 Frankie Rose
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

YouAre_GivenToFly

Hell of a year so far... lots more coming!

Dec 31 - Dead Confederate/J Roddy/Deer Tick
Mar 13 - Farrar/James/Johnson/Parker
Mar 17 - Dr Dog (B'more)
Mar 24 - Dr Dog
Mar 29 - Joy Formidable
Mar 30 - Delta Spirit
April 2 - Wild Flag
April 6 - Johny Corndawg
April 11 - White Denim
April 20 - Lucero/J Roddy (NYC)
April 22 - Lucero/Deer Tick/J Roddy
May 6 - The 4onthefloor
May 7 - Country Mice
June 16 - Jeff the Brotherhood
July 13-15 - Forecastle
July 21 - Wilco, Avett Bros, Dr Dog