Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blucas

Heading to the McDowell Mountain Music Fest the weekend of April 14...maybe Shug and I will finally cross paths!  This is one event that I go to regardless of the lineup because it is always a good party and it has also served as an introduction to a few artists that I have grown to love.  I know of a few of the acts, but would love some input from the incredibly knowledgeable and tasteful forum peeps for any "can't misses".  Link is below.   :dankk2:

http://www.mmmf.net/2012/line-up/
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Luna Moth

savin up for a large summer, skipping more stuff every week, missing eoto, delta spirit this week, but GOTTA get that White Denim in Nash on Sunday

mjk73

Penny Lane

Great lineup MJK and BH!

Headed to Birmingham on Fri to see Drive-by Truckers--meeting up with Fully, SCosby and EasyRyder for these two shows..very excited!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Luna Moth

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 04, 2012, 10:05 AM
Great lineup MJK and BH!

Headed to Birmingham on Fri to see Drive-by Truckers--meeting up with Fully, SCosby and EasyRyder for these two shows..very excited!

North Miss b-ham the week after, visitin old college bro, anything to do here besides watch concert dvds on surround sound and drink draft at a Moe's BBQ?

Come Closer

Trying to see a lot of these Newport bands ahead of time.

Alabama Shakes on Saturday
City and Colour 5/30
Dawes 6/1

I was going to see PtM on my bday, but I might go see Sharon Van Etten at the Ottobar instead.

Rizzos Girl

Wondering if anyone is planning on going to the Red Rocks Wilco shows in June.  Pre-sale sold out quick today but local radio is doing another pre-sale and then ticks to public on this Friday.  Anybody? Anybody?

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Mar 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
APR 6 - 1,2,3 (free show)
APR 8 - Shabazz Palaces
MAY 20 - Avett Brothers
JUN 23 - Phish
JUL 3 - Roger Waters

JUN 1 - either free Wailers show or Tedeschi Trucks Band
JUL 14 - Feist
JUL 16 - Neko Case!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 04, 2012, 10:32 PM
APR 8 - Shabazz Palaces
MAY 20 - Avett Brothers
JUN 23 - Phish
JUL 3 - Roger Waters

JUL 14 - Feist
JUL 16 - Neko Case!

True I'll be home June 19-24 to catch James Taylor with my mum and Phish with some friends!!  We should meet up at Phish!  :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 05, 2012, 12:34 AM
APR 8 - Shabazz Palaces
MAY 20 - Avett Brothers
JUN 23 - Phish
JUL 3 - Roger Waters

JUL 14 - Feist
JUL 16 - Neko Case!

True I'll be home June 19-24 to catch James Taylor with my mum and Phish with some friends!!  We should meet up at Phish!  :D

Sounds like a plan! I'm pretty sure I'll be going.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 05, 2012, 12:48 AM
Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 05, 2012, 12:34 AM
APR 8 - Shabazz Palaces
MAY 20 - Avett Brothers
JUN 23 - Phish
JUL 3 - Roger Waters

JUL 14 - Feist
JUL 16 - Neko Case!

Sounds like a plan! I'm pretty sure I'll be going.

I'm pretty sure you are too!!   :P  At least, ya better!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Penny Lane

Quote from: Rizzos Girl on Apr 04, 2012, 09:23 PM
Wondering if anyone is planning on going to the Red Rocks Wilco shows in June.  Pre-sale sold out quick today but local radio is doing another pre-sale and then ticks to public on this Friday.  Anybody? Anybody?

bold99 is going, i'm sure Sassbox will be going, too!

good luck with the tix!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sidus

Frank Turner tonight   8)

Rizzos Girl

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 05, 2012, 09:19 AM
Quote from: Rizzos Girl on Apr 04, 2012, 09:23 PM

bold99 is going, i'm sure Sassbox will be going, too!

good luck with the tix!
Thanks! Got GA for both shows!

ericm

Bruce Springsteen tonight, and Monday at MSG in NYC! 

Always a treat seeing him in that big ol' building.  :)  Looking forward to sharing some more good times with some Roll Callers on Monday.  8)  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Apr 06, 2012, 11:12 AM

Always a treat seeing him in that big ol' building.  :)  Looking forward to sharing some more good times with some Roll Callers on Monday.  8) :beer:

Have a great time tonight and Monday. I'll be smiling knowing what a good time you are having, my friend.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Apr 06, 2012, 12:07 PM
Quote from: ericm on Apr 06, 2012, 11:12 AM

Always a treat seeing him in that big ol' building.  :)  Looking forward to sharing some more good times with some Roll Callers on Monday.  8) :beer:

Have a great time tonight and Monday. I'll be smiling knowing what a good time you are having, my friend.

Thanks Fully.   8)
You can be sure some good times will be had!  ;) I'll see if I can't rock a few tunes in your honor tonight.   :beer: It's a good thing I'll have the weekend, because back to back Bruce shows are taking longer, and longer to recover from. :D

"Tonight I'll be on that hill, cause I can't stop,
I'll be on that hill with everything I've got"

I'll be there on time,and I'll pay the cost
for wanting things that can only be found....
"Where's Jim going?"

Taterbug

I'm paying my wife back on friday by going to see Shinedown with her up in Milwaukee at the Eagles Ballroom ( great f'ing venue ).  But I'm really looking forward to going through the Harley-Davidson Museum and a tour through the Pabst Mansion.   
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

zanjam

Outsidelands 8/10-12 (Whatever night Jack White is playing  :thumbsup: and if my dream comes true, MMJ another night.  J-Dub for sure, tho.)

Phish- Bill Graham Civic 8/17-19 (So disappointed in this venue choice but love the ability to see them three nights in a row and sleep at home.)

In addition to my Portugal. The Man 5/6, Tenacious D 5/24, Avetts/Jackie Greene 6/23 and High Sierra Music Fest 7/5-8. 

Feelin' good about it all!
anything + reverb always = better

ralph

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.