Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Sep 19, 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 19, 2012, 09:35 PM
Quote from: ericm on Sep 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Sep 19, 2012, 12:56 PM
seeing Springsteen tonight in the swamps of Jersey.

Got pit tix!!!

Just got text from HH in the pit:

"Just helped carry Bruce"!  I'm guessing during a Hungry Heart crowd surf. :cool:

Brooke is there, too!

lol I got this text from HH "I just touched his butt cheek with both hands!"

Haha. Similar texts, different wording. He knows I would give him some serious shit if he said that in the one he sent me!  :wink:   :grin:

lol i think i didn't quote him exactly..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

headhunter

well, for what it's worth (and the exact wording of my texts escapes me this morning)

I did have both hands on Bruce's butt as he crowd surfed directly over my head.
Nice thing about being short is not having to duck down.

Mrs.  HH said she wasn't threatened by my obvious excitement about having my hands on the Boss's butt.

:shocked:
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Sep 20, 2012, 12:51 PM
well, for what it's worth (and the exact wording of my texts escapes me this morning)

I did have both hands on Bruce's butt as he crowd surfed directly over my head.
Nice thing about being short is not having to duck down.

Mrs.  HH said she wasn't threatened by my obvious excitement about having my hands on the Boss's butt.

:shocked:

Haha. I'll give you a pass then too.  :wink:  I've gotten a high five, and back slap, but never close to hands on the butt. In all honesty, I probably would've done exactly the same thing you did.  :beer: I sure as hell wouldn't have taken the chance of him dropping to the floor, or on my head.

"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

The real question is... did you squeeze?  :grin:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 20, 2012, 01:21 PM

Haha. I'm betting it was a palms up only!  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Sep 20, 2012, 01:35 PM

I'd like to have seen Bruce's face if he had squeezed! It might have looked a lot like this  :shocked:

headhunter

lol.  Yes, it was palm's up only.  No squeezing or groping.   Now, if it was Grace Potter body-surfing over me .........
:evil:

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Sep 20, 2012, 01:39 PM

I'd like to have seen Bruce's face if he had squeezed! It might have looked a lot like this  :shocked:

Nah, Fully. Bruce is an admitted attention whore, and expects the ass grab. Heard there was some junk grabbing last night too, even with his wife on stage.  :shocked:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Sep 20, 2012, 01:47 PM

Nah, Fully. Bruce is an admitted attention whore, and expects the ass grab. Heard there was some junk grabbing last night too, even with his wife on stage.  :shocked:
Good think he isn't married to Faith Hill.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Sep 20, 2012, 02:09 PM
Quote from: ericm on Sep 20, 2012, 01:47 PM

Good think he isn't married to Faith Hill.

Lol. That's the first thing I thought of too. No way Patti pulls that, at least not during a show. She usually just gives a smile, and shakes her head. Pretty cool Jersey Girl,IMO. I like her.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Peter Gabriel performing his SO album, and other hits tonight at the Wells Fargo Arena in Philly.
Leaving soon for the start of a two day long Genesis/Peter get together with a  great group of friends. Very similar to what we have here with MMJ.  :cool:   :happy:
"Where's Jim going?"

zanjam

Popping my Wilco cherry tomorrow night!  :thumbsup:
anything + reverb always = better

ericm

Quote from: zanjam on Sep 21, 2012, 02:36 PM

Did you get Bruce tix for Oakland?

A 30 song, 3:45 show Wednesday night  in Jersey, :cool: I wish he was doing an arena somewhere close. Stadiums are fun, but an arena show is where it's at,IMO.
"Where's Jim going?"

zanjam

Quote from: ericm on Sep 21, 2012, 03:29 PM
Quote from: zanjam on Sep 21, 2012, 02:36 PM

Did you get Bruce tix for Oakland?

A 30 song, 3:45 show Wednesday night  in Jersey, :cool: I wish he was doing an arena somewhere close. Stadiums are fun, but an arena show is where it's at,IMO.
I have a lot of friends who went, heard it was awesome.  Didn't get tix yet.  I'm going to wait til the show rolls around and get the inevitable cheapies on craigslist!
anything + reverb always = better

LeanneP

My man and I ponied up and bought GA tix to Neil Young & Crazy Horse w/ Los Lobos and The Sadies opening!  ETA: @ the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Nov 20.

Sqeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

:cheesy:

I'm super excited. That show is going to kick a$$ from the first note to the last.

Anyone else catching Neil & Crazy Horse on this tour?
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

johnnYYac

Quote from: LeanneP on Sep 24, 2012, 12:39 AM
My man and I ponied up and bought GA tix to Neil Young & Crazy Horse w/ Los Lobos and The Sadies opening!  ETA: @ the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Nov 20.

Sqeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

:cheesy:

I'm super excited. That show is going to kick a$$ from the first note to the last.

Anyone else catching Neil & Crazy Horse on this tour?
Yep!  Boston on Nov. 26 w/Everest and Patti Smith.  Its been a long time since last I saw NY&CH.  Can't wait!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

NoVa_NoLa

Quote from: ericm on Sep 21, 2012, 02:11 PM
Peter Gabriel performing his SO album, and other hits tonight at the Wells Fargo Arena in Philly.
Leaving soon for the start of a two day long Genesis/Peter get together with a  great group of friends. Very similar to what we have here with MMJ.  :cool:   :happy:

Clearly, I need to read the board more often!!

Great running into you at the show, Eric!  Sorry that I wasn't able to make the after-party.  There were a handful of old friends at the show that I hadn't seen in almost 10 years.  We caught up after the show and then headed back to Jersey.

I'll be back in Philly for one night next month to see the Low Road Reunion Show at the Tin Angel.  Guilty, guilty pleasure.... :bath:

:smiley:

ericm

Quote from: NoVa_NoLa on Sep 24, 2012, 02:45 PM
Quote from: ericm on Sep 21, 2012, 02:11 PM

Clearly, I need to read the board more often!!

Great running into you at the show, Eric!  Sorry that I wasn't able to make the after-party.  There were a handful of old friends at the show that I hadn't seen in almost 10 years.  We caught up after the show and then headed back to Jersey.

I'll be back in Philly for one night next month to see the Low Road Reunion Show at the Tin Angel.  Guilty, guilty pleasure.... :bath:

:smiley:

Same here! It was too funny running into you there like that. Twice even!  I really enjoyed the night, and thought it was a great show. Peter is always on top of his game, and even all these years later his voice is still incredible, and one of the best in the business,IMO.

Looking forward to seeing you in PC.

"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Seeing The Avett Brothers tonight in Central Park.

September had  me catching Bob Dylan and Springsteen 2x.  Been a good month.

I have Neil Young and The Who coming up in November and a Mike Cooley solo show (DBT) as well.

December has me finishing up what has been an EXCELLENT year for live music with a few shows with some band in Port Chester.  And then I guess I gotta drive to Boston to spend NYE with some friends.
:beer:

Ruckus

10/19 - Pig Destroyer, ILSA, Necropsy, War Games - Ottobar
11/2 - Dr. Dog - 930 Club
11/23 - High on Fire, Goat Whore, Primate, Lo-Pan
11/24 - OM, Arbouretum, Convocation - Ottobar
12/1 - Assembly of Dust, Mother Hips :wink: - 8x10
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head