Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Just got tix for Clapton.  Interesting that pedal steel whiz Greg Leiscz is now in his band.  I just want to hear as much Derek and the Dominoes as possible.

Stoked for The Who Quadrophenia in Feb.

Sigur Ros is coming, I never got to see them when I was crazy into them about 10 years ago.  Are they still good?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot LD and I are going to see Springsteen for the first time next week.
Bunch of newbs!!!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Shug on Nov 30, 2012, 01:28 PM

Stoked for The Who Quadrophenia in Feb.

So good, I saw them in Brooklyn earlier this month, had such a great time I bought tickets the next day to see them next week!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Jeff Murray

Tedeschi Trucks Band tonight... hoping for Until You Remember... Susan just belts on that one! 
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

parkervb

picked up tickets today to see The Lumineers, Swear and Shake and The Ambassadors on 12/16 at The Norva. 

The wife likes The Lumineers, not that familiar other than songs on Pandora and not familiar at all with the other two groups.
Don't you ever turn it off

Crispy

Trying to make up my mind...should I go to Tulsa tonight to see the Mountain Goats?
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Dec 03, 2012, 04:40 PM
Trying to make up my mind...should I go to Tulsa tonight to see the Mountain Goats?

I saw them on Saturday night. I think you should. I really enjoyed the show although I'm not super well-versed in their catalog. I spent some time listening to them a few years ago. After Saturday night's show, I looked at their discography and realized how little I really know this band. Even with knowing so little, I really enjoyed it.

Crispy

Quote from: Fully on Dec 03, 2012, 04:56 PM

I saw them on Saturday night. I think you should. I really enjoyed the show although I'm not super well-versed in their catalog. I spent some time listening to them a few years ago. After Saturday night's show, I looked at their discography and realized how little I really know this band. Even with knowing so little, I really enjoyed it.

Good to hear, thanks! I've listened to some Mountain Goats, and I like it, but am only really familiar with the tune everybody knows, This Year. Knowing all of their material would be an impressive feat, there's a lot there. I imagine it will be a light crowd tonight, which makes it easy.

manonthemoon

Quote from: Crispy on Dec 03, 2012, 05:11 PM
Quote from: Fully on Dec 03, 2012, 04:56 PM

Good to hear, thanks! I've listened to some Mountain Goats, and I like it, but am only really familiar with the tune everybody knows, This Year. Knowing all of their material would be an impressive feat, there's a lot there. I imagine it will be a light crowd tonight, which makes it easy.

Easy call, go, great group and love the Morel Oral intro with thier song No Children. 
Alive or Just Breathing

Jaimoe

Getting tickets today for Trey Anastasio's January gig in Toronto. I wish it was 1994, but it's at a nice intimate old venue in a cool neighbourhood, so what the hell.

LBSUNFLWR

Jason Isbell next Saturday 12/15 in Lexington, KY.

headhunter

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Dec 07, 2012, 10:25 AM
Jason Isbell next Saturday 12/15 in Lexington, KY.

seeing jason tonight in nyc with penny lane.   3rd and final jason show of the year for me.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

LBSUNFLWR

Nice!!  I am excited. I have only seen him twice as the opening act for Ryan Adams, and solo acoustic. I'm ready for the full band and a full show!!! 

Northern Neighbour

First live show in some time tonight - Xavier Rudd in Montreal.

GO4IT

Saw the Who last night in Philly. Wow.  Pretty impressive performance.

I thought some of the film on the large background screen was a bit much and sometimes distracting at times - a lot of war footage from WWII/Vietnam - but some was also very well done: those that set the scene in Brighton and of the band themselves back in the day. They even had a couple of segments where Entwistle and Keith Moon "played" with the band on stage which was very well done, in my opinion.

If you like the Who, go see them on this tour.  I doubt you'll be disappointed.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Nov 28, 2012, 06:50 PM
Jan 23 - Heartless Bastards
Jan 30 - Hot Water Music
Feb 8 - The Lumineers
Apr 6 - Eric Clapton

Will probably go to the first two, will consider the others. Clapton depends on what ticket prices look like. I used to be into HWM back in the day, and was supposed to go see them like 12 years ago but plans fell through. So basically I want to make up for that one that got away.

The Black Keys and Flaming Lips just announced for 4/30 at Consol Energy Center! I don't know how I feel about Black Keys playing such a venue, but I want to see Flaming Lips again. Dead Confederate recently added as the opener for Heartless Bastards. Lumineers is sold out so that one's a no-go.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Fully

Joe Fletcher and The Wrong Reasons tonight! Floating Action tomorrow night.

Angelo

Quote from: Fully on Jan 08, 2013, 09:53 AM

Nice!

I've got Father Joe Misty in Rochester this Saturday.

BH

Quote from: Angelo on Jan 08, 2013, 10:09 AM

Nice!

Is that Father John's lesser known more laid back brother?    :wink:

I'm going to see him tonight!    Can't wait.    Cheers.   :beer:

FATHER JOHN MISTY SEZ "DRINK MORE JAPANESE WHISKEY, YOU WESTERN DOG."
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angelo

Quote from: BH on Jan 08, 2013, 11:29 AM

Nice!

hahahahaha nice catch!

Crispy

Quote from: BH on Jan 08, 2013, 11:29 AM

Nice!

Jealous! If this was a month later, I'd be driving up there for this.