Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

The Who, Phoenix, Feb
Allman Brothers Band at the Beacon in NYC, March (2 nights)
Eric Clapton, Phoenix, March
Black Crowes, Chicago in April (2 nights)
Fleetwood Mac, Phoenix, May

:thumbsup:
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Fully

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club or as I like to call them Minibikes! are coming May 1st to Nashville!!!!!! Love Minibikes!

Shug

Quote from: BH on Jan 09, 2013, 10:11 PM
FJM was amazing.    What a performer!    He is so funny too.    Easily the best between song banter of any show I have ever been to.   He basically played the whole album and then came back for the encore cover of Canned Heat's On The Road Again.   Awesome.   Show sold out day of.

Tuesday Night Confession with Father John!      So good.

What is wrong with rock fans these days:  Dude is putting on a show and half of the front row are looking at their phones instead of watching the show!  Rant over.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Shug on Jan 15, 2013, 06:21 PM
The Who, Phoenix, Feb

For a brief second thought you meant the band Phoenix was the opener. Any word on ABB touring this summer? Seems all they do is play the Beacon anymore. If not, I'd be cool with seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band again.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Angelo

Quote from: BH on Jan 09, 2013, 10:11 PM
FJM was amazing.    What a performer!    He is so funny too.    Easily the best between song banter of any show I have ever been to.   He basically played the whole album and then came back for the encore cover of Canned Heat's On The Road Again.   Awesome.   Show sold out day of.

Tuesday Night Confession with Father John!      So good.

He most certainly was amazing. It was just an all around fantastic rock n roll show. He drank Knob Creek straight from the bottle in between songs. At one point tilted his head back and spewed it all over his face in a fine mist. In the picture above I see bottles of water, I saw none of that in Rochester. Fucking great. The best part is even with all these shenanigans he still sounded fantastic. His voice was spot on and he was perfectly in tune with his band. I will most certainly see him again if ever get the chance.

Shug

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
Quote from: Shug on Jan 15, 2013, 06:21 PM
The Who, Phoenix, Feb

For a brief second thought you meant the band Phoenix was the opener. Any word on ABB touring this summer? Seems all they do is play the Beacon anymore. If not, I'd be cool with seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band again.

Hahaha sorry for the confusion!

Yeah I can't remember the last time ABB toured out west.  Its been years since I've seen them because of that.  The last time I saw them was in 2003 in Memphis when I was living there.  They do those festivals down south still and maybe they will be doing that one in Scranton, PA again this summer.

I'm taking LD and our son to see all the great bands we love that may not be playing for that many more years.  It REALLY freaks me out to think about how the great ones from the 60s/70s are falling more and more frequently.  I don't care if they are past their prime, in 10-20 years I'd kick myself if I thought about how I passed up a chance to see Pete and Roger one last time.  These dudes are like the Mozarts of our times.  We'll be the lucky ones who got to see them even once, no matter if it was their last tour or in their prime.  Thus, a trip to NYC is in order to see the Allmans this year.  Doesn't hurt that we get to experience New York, too.  Our 12 year old is crazy for big cities and he's never really been to one, except for LA a little bit.

e-stone

this Friday night -- Calexico @ The Fox Theatre - Boulder, CO

and possibly a repeat on Saturday down in Denver if Joey hooks us up with tix.

Jeff Murray

Anyone in the Baltimore area up for the Brown Bird w/ Joe Fletcher & the Wrong Reasons show at the 8 x 10 on 2/9?
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Crispy

Tickets became available for Jeff Mangum's show in OKC tomorrow, so I'm going, and now it's time to get remembered up on that Neutral Milk Hotel stuff.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Jaimoe

Trey Anastasio made it across the border so I'll be seeing him tonight in Toronto.

Jackets N Pones

The Whigs @ Fitzgerald's - Tonight - Houston, TX
Lost Bayou Ramblers @ Continental Club - Jan 26  - Houston, TX
The Xx @ House of Blues - Feb 9 - Houston, TX
Tame Impala @ Fitzgerald's - Feb 25 - Houston, TX

Yeah!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Ruckus

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jan 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
Anyone in the Baltimore area up for the Brown Bird w/ Joe Fletcher & the Wrong Reasons show at the 8 x 10 on 2/9?
I was a no go for this because I thought it was the same night as Arbouretum's album release show but that was not the case.  I have every intention of making it man. 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

GO4IT

Hey Jeff, I'd love to go to this show but have out of town plans.  Mr. Whippy wants to go, I believe.

I love the 8X10.  Went all the time in the 80s and 90s when it was a real dive but still a great intimate place to see a show. Saw Bo Diddly, Buckwheat Zydeco and many other during this period.  My son's soccer coach, Giles, who was in a popular old Baltimore Band, owned the joint during that period.

Now it's been upgraded and is an even more sweet, intimate venue.  It is the PERFECT setting for the New Riders of the Purple Sage and I have seen them numerous times there in recent years.  You can boogie right up by the stage - no hassles - unless you rest your beer on the stage in which case Buddy Cage will scold you.

They are coming again Thursday March 21 and I would HIGHLY recommend this show if you are at all into their music.  They've had a solid, tight lineup for many years with two original members.  When they come to the 8X10, Mookie Segal usually joins them on the keyboards.  I guarantee you will have a very enjoyable night, worth a few hours of travel.  I have seen them in other venues recently (and in front of thousands in the 70s) and it's just not the same.

MrWhippy

As GO4IT said, I might catch the Baltimore Brown Bird/Joe Flecther show, but am actually a bit more likely to catch the DC date a couple nights before as it's closer.

APR and I saw Soundgarden last night in DC and it was fantastic.  If anyone is on the fence about seeing them this tour, do it.  They haven't lost a thing.  The new material was great as well.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

A little off topic, but I thought all of you Joe Fletcher fans might like to know that he now follows me on Instagram. Waving and flirting with him pre show apparently works. DO YOU HEAR THAT JIM JAMES? HE FOLLOWS PEOPLE ON INSTAGRAM! WOULD IT KILL YOU TO OCASSIONALLY REPLY TO ME ON TWITTER?

Sorry, go back to talking about what shows you are going to.

APR

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 19, 2013, 08:47 AM
As GO4IT said, I might catch the Baltimore Brown Bird/Joe Flecther show, but am actually a bit more likely to catch the DC date a couple nights before as it's closer.

APR and I saw Soundgarden last night in DC and it was fantastic.  If anyone is on the fence about seeing them this tour, do it.  They haven't lost a thing.  The new material was great as well.

Yes.  Soundgarden exceeded my expectations and I was pretty fired up to see them.  Great stuff.

Jeff Murray

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 18, 2013, 08:29 PM
I was a no go for this because I thought it was the same night as Arbouretum's album release show but that was not the case.  I have every intention of making it man.

Cool, trying to recruit some friends to make the trip, but I'm not sure if that will happen.  I'm sure once I get into the venue I'm gonna kick myself for missing Gary Clark Jr. playing there a few years back!

GO4IT - Another time... plenty of Bmore shows that will bring down your way.

Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

dmooney99

saw Soundgarden last night!  :smiley:

Django Django 3/15@Union Transfer in philly
BRMC- 5/5@ TLA

maybe:
The Vaccines- 2/2@ Union Transfer

hopefully:
Jim James@ JB's :undecided:

ralph

Gary Clark Jr tomorrow night. Very excited....
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

LBSUNFLWR

Yo La Tengo & Calexico coming up January 29th at The Brown in Louisville. Should be pretty awesome, never seen either band.