Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 21, 2013, 10:09 AM
Yo La Tengo & Calexico coming up January 29th at The Brown in Louisville. Should be pretty awesome, never seen either band.

just saw Yo La Tango at Ameba in SF Saturday for free! They're always great to see live. I went to the I'm Not There concert at the Beacon in NYC when the movie came out. Calexico were the back up band, very good. Enjoy!

Jeff Murray

Bmore is getting all kinds of great shows...

2/17 Bosnian Rainbows w/ Marriages at the Ottobar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdMtyytDB4s
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

manonthemoon

Quote from: APR on Jan 19, 2013, 02:53 PM
Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 19, 2013, 08:47 AM
As GO4IT said, I might catch the Baltimore Brown Bird/Joe Flecther show, but am actually a bit more likely to catch the DC date a couple nights before as it's closer.

APR and I saw Soundgarden last night in DC and it was fantastic.  If anyone is on the fence about seeing them this tour, do it.  They haven't lost a thing.  The new material was great as well.

Yes.  Soundgarden exceeded my expectations and I was pretty fired up to see them.  Great stuff.

Seems like you two got a pretty solid show, wish I would have decided to hit it up instead of passing.   I just wasn't sold on their new album at all and I figured that they would play off of that pretty heavily.  Really liked that they gave you a few of the early stuff along with a nice 4th which has always been a favorite of mine. 
Alive or Just Breathing

MrWhippy

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jan 21, 2013, 06:07 PM
Bmore is getting all kinds of great shows...

2/17 Bosnian Rainbows w/ Marriages at the Ottobar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdMtyytDB4s

I'm coming up for that Bosnian Rainbows show at the Ottobar.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

robb

On Friday I have:
City and Colour
Rodriguez
Trampled by Turtles
Delta Rae
Carl Broemel
Frontier Ruckus
and Brown Bird

I'm sitting third row so I'll try to get some videos of Carl up for everybody.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Crispy

Carl Broemel tonight at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa!  :cheesy:  And somebody called Trampled by Turtles playing after him.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 22, 2013, 08:10 AM
Carl Broemel tonight at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa!  :cheesy:  And somebody called Trampled by Turtles playing after him.

Be careful; while it does take a long time to be trampled by turtles, if there are enough of them, it can be quite deadly.

Jeff Murray

Just got tix for the 4/20 Clutch show in Bmore...   :beer:

Taterbug

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jan 22, 2013, 03:22 PM
Just got tix for the 4/20 Clutch show in Bmore...   :beer:

Sweet,  CLUTCH !!!!    I saw they are playing at the House of Blues in Chicago which is the closest for me.  I can't stand the HOB. Over priced shitty drinks and they always oversell the shows.  The last time I saw them was Forecastle. They played during the Wilco set.  I was probably one of about 150 peeps watching them.  Neil and I bonded, our beards became one.

My shows  next up on the horizon are Soundgarden The Rave in Milwaukee Feb 1st, Shinedown in Madison Feb 2nd .  The Black Crowes 4/16 & 4/17  The Vic.   Can't wait.  It's been a Looooong time since I've seen them.  Probably early 90's when the opened up for ZZ Top was the last time.   
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Taterbug

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 22, 2013, 08:10 AM

If you haven't seen TBT before your in for a real treat Crispy.   :beer:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ManNamedTruth

Heartless Bastards and Dead Confederate tomorrow! I'm 90% sure I'm going, was holding out 'til I saw what the weather looked like, looks like they'll just be some flurries so I should have no problem driving into the city. Should be a rockin' show. Unfortunately will miss the Pens home opener.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

FiddleCastro

Waiting for a NY Clutch show  :thumbsup:

2/19 - Jim
2/20 - Jim
2/21 - The Who
2/23 - Lady Lamb The Beekeeper
2/27 - Desaparecidos
3/28 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds w/ Sharon Van Etten
3/29 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds w/ Sharon Van Etten
3/30 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds w/ Sharon Van Etten
5/1 - Daughter
6/5 - The National
*Potential SEAKRET PLAN Festival Here*
7-26-28 Newport Folk Festival
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Crispy

Get to that Heartless Bastards show, MNT! A little weather shouldn't hold you back from that awesomeness.

That's quite a schedule, FC! That Nick Cave and SVE run looks especially nice.

Tomorrow I return to Tulsa and the Cain's for Drive-by Truckers, where I will be meeting up with Tired Eyes (Bill)!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2013, 10:07 AM
Get to that Heartless Bastards show, MNT! A little weather shouldn't hold you back from that awesomeness.

Tomorrow I return to Tulsa and the Cain's for Drive-by Truckers, where I will be meeting up with Tired Eyes (Bill)!

I'm always impressed with how Bill gets around to so many shows! :thumbsup:

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2013, 10:13 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2013, 10:07 AM

I'm always impressed with how Bill gets around to so many shows! :thumbsup:
He was at the Neil Young & Crazy Horse/Everest/Patti Smith show in Boston, too!  Just substitute the name Bill for God (11 minutes in)...

"Bill is everywhere, everywhere, everywhere, everywhere..."

Davey and Goliath - All Alone? (Series 1)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bartel

going to nick cave and the bad seeds and possibly pearl jam at wrigley

wonderfulman

Anyone go to Soundgarden last night? Show was fucking awesome  :thumbsup:

Jeff Murray

Very, very tempted to try for Pearl Jam tickets at Wrigely... just having a hard time justifying the $1,000 airfare and hotel costs....  :undecided:

Might just wait for their Fall tour announcements... which will be irritating as they are slowly released...

APR

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Jan 23, 2013, 01:27 PM
Very, very tempted to try for Pearl Jam tickets at Wrigely... just having a hard time justifying the $1,000 airfare and hotel costs....  :undecided:

Might just wait for their Fall tour announcements... which will be irritating as they are slowly released...

I hear you.  I'm debating.  Good thing they gave us a week to decide.

Ruckus

1/25 - Corrections House - Metro Gallery
1/26 - Graveyard - Black Cat maybe
2/2 - Sri Aurobindo, Mt. Royal - Metro Gallery
2/8 - Arbouretum - Golden West
2/9 - Brown Bird, Joe Fletcher and the Wrong Reasons - 8x10 Club
2/16 - Meshuggah - Fillmore, DC
2/17 - Bosnian Rainbows - Ottobar
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head