1/26 - Graveyard - Black Cat maybe
2/8 - Arbouretum - Golden West
2/9 - Brown Bird, Joe Fletcher and the Wrong Reasons - 8x10 Club

please report back on these!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2013, 10:13 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2013, 10:07 AM
Get to that Heartless Bastards show, MNT! A little weather shouldn't hold you back from that awesomeness.

That's quite a schedule, FC! That Nick Cave and SVE run looks especially nice.

Tomorrow I return to Tulsa and the Cain's for Drive-by Truckers, where I will be meeting up with Tired Eyes (Bill)!

I'm always impressed with how Bill gets around to so many shows! :thumbsup:

Bill is the MAN! Very impressed with his touring also. :cool:

Just don't push him in the pit, and piss off this normally easy going guy, or you're liable to hear " STOP PUSHING ME, YOU'RE A LIAR, FUCK YOU!'  :wink:  :beer: 
"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Jan 23, 2013, 07:57 PM
Get to that Heartless Bastards show, MNT! A little weather shouldn't hold you back from that awesomeness.

Tomorrow I return to Tulsa and the Cain's for Drive-by Truckers, where I will be meeting up with Tired Eyes (Bill)!

Just don't push him in the pit, and piss off this normally easy going guy, or you're liable to hear " STOP PUSHING ME, YOU'RE A LIAR, FUCK YOU!'  :wink: :beer:

Ha! I can't wait to ask him about that! YOU'RE A LIAR
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2013, 08:03 PM

Just don't push him in the pit, and piss off this normally easy going guy, or you're liable to hear " STOP PUSHING ME, YOU'RE A LIAR, FUCK YOU!'  :wink: :beer:

I had forgotten that story! Thanks for reminding me! :kiss:

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2013, 08:06 PM

Haha. Just another of a great many gems that were part of an amazing week.  :cool: Next time I'm keeping a journal, and with so many great moments, it could turn into a best seller.  :wink:

"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Jan 23, 2013, 08:37 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2013, 08:06 PM

Haha. Just another of a great many gems that were part of an amazing week.  :cool: Next time I'm keeping a journal, and with so many great moments, it could turn into a best seller.  :wink:

Or blackmail material... :cry: :cry: :cry: :thumbsup:

FiddleCastro

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jan 23, 2013, 09:04 AM
Waiting for a NY Clutch show  :thumbsup:

2/19 - Jim
2/20 - Jim
2/21 - The Who
2/23 - Lady Lamb The Beekeeper
2/27 - Desaparecidos
3/28 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds w/ Sharon Van Etten
3/29 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds w/ Sharon Van Etten
3/30 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds w/ Sharon Van Etten
5/1 - Daughter
6/5 - The National
*Potential SEAKRET PLAN Festival Here*
7-26-28 Newport Folk Festival

+ 4/17 - The Joy Formidable
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Crispy

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jan 24, 2013, 03:09 PM

Nice. I'm thinking about making a road trip to Denver to see them on my birthday weekend. I might need the new record to do more for me, but I've only been through it once.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2013, 05:04 PM
1/25 - Corrections House - Metro Gallery
2/2 - Sri Aurobindo, Mt. Royal - Metro Gallery
2/16 - Meshuggah - Fillmore, DC
2/17 - Bosnian Rainbows - Ottobar

Yay!  I get two nights in a row with my Ruckus.  I also will probably do the Baltimore Brown Bird/Joe Flecther show instead of DC, as it's a better night and some fun peeps going.

Ruckus, I still may join you for Corrections House tomorrow night, this quick jaunt to California this week is seriously kicking my ass, but hopefully I can rally.

Other things coming up this month on my schedule:

Quicksand 1/29
Pallbearer/Enslaved 1/31

Fiddle, I envy your Nick Cave/SVE schedule.  I'm catching one show here in the DC area and presumably Coachella (based on the tour dates they have released).  Also jealous that you're doing one more Who show. 

Also, I don't remember who asked, but I agree, Soundgarden (DC show) was awesome.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

manonthemoon

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 24, 2013, 06:28 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2013, 05:04 PM
1/25 - Corrections House - Metro Gallery
2/2 - Sri Aurobindo, Mt. Royal - Metro Gallery
2/16 - Meshuggah - Fillmore, DC
2/17 - Bosnian Rainbows - Ottobar

Yay!  I get two nights in a row with my Ruckus.  I also will probably do the Baltimore Brown Bird/Joe Flecther show instead of DC, as it's a better night and some fun peeps going.

Ruckus, I still may join you for Corrections House tomorrow night, this quick jaunt to California this week is seriously kicking my ass, but hopefully I can rally.

Other things coming up this month on my schedule:

Quicksand 1/29
Pallbearer/Enslaved 1/31
Fiddle, I envy your Nick Cave/SVE schedule.  I'm catching one show here in the DC area and presumably Coachella (based on the tour dates they have released).  Also jealous that you're doing one more Who show. 

Also, I don't remember who asked, but I agree, Soundgarden (DC show) was awesome.

If work doesn't get all crazy on me, I'm going to try and hit up this one as well.  Really been sucked into this album lately.
Alive or Just Breathing

Crispy

DBT!

And Houndmouth, holy shit, they are GOOD.

Crispy

Oh, and Bill fell victim to the Oklahoma 3.2 trap. Waaaaaaahhh

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 24, 2013, 03:31 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jan 24, 2013, 03:09 PM

Nice. I'm thinking about making a road trip to Denver to see them on my birthday weekend. I might need the new record to do more for me, but I've only been through it once.

Listening to their new record right now, Gotta say I much prefer The Big Roar.  Hoping it grows on me.  Feels pretty commercial, maybe that's because the first time I heard "This Ladder Is Ours" was actually in a commercial around May...  :undecided:  I can't see their live show changing much, so I'll say go for it if you're on the fence, they're really, really, really good live.

*edit* The 2nd half of this record is pretty damn good (so far) one track to go and I've enjoyed everything from "Maw Maw Song" on.

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 24, 2013, 06:28 PM

Can't wait for those shows! 3 nights in a row of 2 of my favorites.

And I had to see The Who, it's 8 minutes from where I live.  Gonna be interesting seeing Jim twice and The Who on back-to-back-to-back nights  :cool:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

bluesky

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 24, 2013, 10:11 PM
DBT!

And Houndmouth, holy shit, they are GOOD.

is that Bill?

Crispy

That is Bill, and believe me, if you ever go to a dbt show, stand next to him. AWESOME

bluesky

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 25, 2013, 01:18 AM
That is Bill, and believe me, if you ever go to a dbt show, stand next to him. AWESOME

Bill is everywhere

ericm

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 25, 2013, 01:39 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 25, 2013, 01:18 AM

Bill is everywhere

I hear ya! I think I get  the handle "tired eyes" now. I sure as hell know my eyes wouldn't be the only tired thing if I toured, and saw as many shows as Bill!  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Where does Bill hang his hat when he's not at a show? 

Bill is everywhere, everywhere, everywhere, everywhere...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Bill must have some sort of ability to transport himself through the vapors. He is everywhere and all places at the same time.

Ruckus

Truth - Tired Eyes is everywhere.  He's my ride from the tdb party, crashes on my bed at Hangout, and has rocked the rail at every DBT show I've ever been to.  >:D

Glad to hear Houndmouth was great Crispy.  Man I love them.  Cannot wait for the new album!

@wolof- I'm not gonna make Graveyard man.  Also I saw you start the Mars Volta thread.  Bosnian Rainbows is playing Allston, Mass in a coupke of weeks.  I can't believe that show is 13 bucks at Ottobar after having last seen TMV in the awful, sold out Ram's Head.

@Whippy- Hope you catch your 1st, 2nd and 3rd wind.  Kate and I'll be raring to go tonight after a birthday happy hour.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head