Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 16, 2013, 01:45 AM

2/16 - Meshuggah - Fillmore, DC
2/17 - Bosnian Rainbows - Ottobar
3/3 - Arbouretum - Klub 007 - Prague :evil:  Stoked!

You are going to Prague!!!! To see Arbouretum? Wow!!!

Northern Neighbour

Prague is a great city. 

Hopefully seeing Local Natives on Tuesday night in Copenhagen, assuming I'm not working that night.

Ruckus

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Feb 16, 2013, 09:07 AM
Prague is a great city. 

Hopefully seeing Local Natives on Tuesday night in Copenhagen, assuming I'm not working that night.
I hope you catch the show man.  I've never been but I hear Copenhagen is a great city.  The last time I was in Prague was 14 years ago when it was pre EU and still not a European tourist mecca, at least to the extent I hear it is now.  What I remember is house music clubbing, impossibly beautiful women everywhere, and 10-25 cent delicious Czech pilsners everywhere.  I think the last part is no longer :cry:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

manonthemoon

See you tonight at the fillmore, Mr. Whippy will be there as well in the seated section up top.  Should be a great show.
Alive or Just Breathing

MrWhippy

Quote from: manonthemoon on Feb 16, 2013, 12:51 PM

See you tonight at the fillmore, Mr. Whippy will be there as well in the seated section up top.  Should be a great show.

Yeah, and I might venture out of the VIP section for a while to come hang out with you plebeians, but I'm not sure yet. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

rincon2

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 16, 2013, 10:50 AM
Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Feb 16, 2013, 09:07 AM
Prague is a great city. 

I hope you catch the show man.  I've never been but I hear Copenhagen is a great city.  The last time I was in Prague was 14 years ago when it was pre EU and still not a European tourist mecca, at least to the extent I hear it is now.  What I remember is house music clubbing, impossibly beautiful women everywhere, and 10-25 cent delicious Czech pilsners everywhere.  I think the last part is no longer :cry:
Never been to Europe, but if there was only one place I could see, it would be Prague. Not sure about changes since the EU, but if it has changed, and you were there before the change, those memories you have are worth more than money.

Angelo

2/17 Mumford - Camden (my fiancée's thing but I don't mind)
2/18 Jim! - Johnny Brenda's
3/8 - One Time At Bandcamp - Some dive bar in Rochester (my brother in law's cover band  :grin: )
4/5 Bill Cosby - FM Kirby Center - Wilkes Barre
4/27 Jim! - Union Transfer
5/11 Cabinet - Montage Mountain - Scranton
5/16 Josh Ritter & Felice Bros - Trocadero
5/18 Kurt Vile & The Violators - Union Transfer
6/8 Father John Misty - Union Transfer
6/21-23 Wilco/Solid Sound

Angelo

Just got tix for Son Volt at the Music Hall Of Williamsburg in June. Any Son Volt fans around here?

MrWhippy

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 24, 2013, 04:55 PM
Just got tix for Son Volt at the Music Hall Of Williamsburg in June. Any Son Volt fans around here?

I used to be a huge Son Volt fan, but to me the started out at their peak (with "Trace") and have largely gone downhill from there.  I also miss the original band.

I plan to check out the new record, though, and will likely go see them in June in DC, as it's been a long time since I've seen them.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 24, 2013, 04:55 PM

Big fan. Will probly try to go to the show the night before at the Bowery B.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

manonthemoon

A few more coming up.

3/4 Black Tusk - Fredrick
3/17 DBT - Baltimore
4/30 JJ - DC
5/3 JJ - Asheville
5/4 Soundgarden - DC
5/24-25 MD Deathfest - Baltimore
Alive or Just Breathing

GO4IT

DBT in Baltimore is 3/17, not 3/16.
Hope to be there and see some of you.

manonthemoon

Yes you were right, need to look at a calender next time as I knew it was on a Sunday.  There should be a pretty decent group of us going.  Are you bringing the pickles?
Alive or Just Breathing

Penny Lane

Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 24, 2013, 09:17 PM

wish that show wasn't on a Sunday or i'd go! seeing them fri and sat...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

GO4IT

Quote from: manonthemoon on Feb 24, 2013, 11:04 PM
Yes you were right, need to look at a calender next time as I knew it was on a Sunday.  There should be a pretty decent group of us going.  Are you bringing the pickles?
I don't know if the pickle supply will hold out that long. Between the Merriweather pre-party and the Port Chester post-parties they were hit pretty hard.  Maybe I'll have to have another pre-party for DBT and if I dangle some pickles out there maybe Penny will change her mind and come on down to join us!

Fully

Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 25, 2013, 11:04 PM
I don't know if the pickle supply will hold out that long. Between the Merriweather pre-party and the Port Chester post-parties they were hit pretty hard.  Maybe I'll have to have another pre-party for DBT and if I dangle some pickles out there maybe Penny will change her mind and come on down to join us!

Dangling your pickles in order to entice Penny is considered illegal in about 18 states, GO4IT. ;)

MrWhippy

No, Penny, say it ain't so.  I thought you were coming to DBT in Baltimore, too.  I need my Penny with my DBT.   :cry:

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 25, 2013, 10:22 AM
Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 24, 2013, 09:17 PM

wish that show wasn't on a Sunday or i'd go! seeing them fri and sat...
I very well may make this show though it won't be the same not booty grinding with Penny
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

March 29 - Frightened Rabbit
April 30 - The Black Keys, The Flaming Lips
May 3 - The Breeders
May 13 - Iron & Wine - with Woodnymph :smiley:
July 13 - Belle and Sebastien, Yo La Tengo

Not sure if I'm going to BaS and YLT yet, would be going more for YLT.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

GO4IT

Quote from: Fully on Feb 26, 2013, 05:29 AM
Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 25, 2013, 11:04 PM

Dangling your pickles in order to entice Penny is considered illegal in about 18 states, GO4IT. ;)
Hey, if it will make Mr. Whippy happy and allow Ruckus to booty grind, I'm willing to go to jail.