Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

Shug

Thanks, eric and walter for the info on Stones tix.  It helped a lot.  I was able to snag two of the $85 tix for the Sat. Anaheim show.  For that show, the $85 button appeared about five minutes after the general onsale, so it seemed to work a little differently each show.

Are you guys reading about the songs being rehearsed in LA right now?  Don't want to spoil it if you want to be surprised, but if you are a fan of Mick Taylor era Stones you are going to be FUCKING STOKED!!!!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

ericm

You got it Shug. Glad to help.  :beer:

I did see the songs being rehearsed, and all I could think was yes,yes,yes. I'll take that one, and that one, and that one..... :wink:  So many great tunes, but so little time. Maybe they'll play a bit longer than the shows in December. That would be perfect because that setlist was pretty damn solid, and not much I'd cut from that. Maybe a tune or two at most, but it sure would be nice to see it added to.  :cool:

Enjoy the show, and I hope you hit it big with your seat location.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

LBSUNFLWR

Houndmouth this Friday night at Iroquois Amphitheater.
pretty cool.  :cool:

Fully

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 24, 2013, 12:36 PM

They just got added to the Bonnaroo lineup today too! Let us know how it went. :beer:

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Fully on Apr 24, 2013, 01:42 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 24, 2013, 12:36 PM

They just got added to the Bonnaroo lineup today too! Let us know how it went. :beer:

Houndmouth was excellent last night!!

This was pretty much a hometown show for them and the official opening of Iroquois Amphitheater for the season. They had a very nice crowd there. We caught the last song or 2 of the first opener and then Joe Pug. He was nice. Nothing that will change your life, and I doubt I'll seek out more but he has a nice voice and played acoustic guitar and harmonica. Had a guy with him on a stand-up bass and another guitar player. We got there early enough that in a seated GA venue there were still plenty of seats up close, so we got 2 in the middle section, 3rd row!! Houndmouth came out and sang on Joe Pug's last song too.

Then at 10 they came on. Crowd went crazy for them. I think a lot of their friends and family were there but they were amazed at how excited the crowd was for them. It was really cool to see them sincerely surprised and so happy at the turnout they got. They also mentioned that Execs from their record label were there and they think they picked the right show for them to come to. ;)

They played every song on the album, plus 2 I didn't know. They said one was new, and I think the other didn't make the album or something. The guitar player sang 75% of the songs and his voice is so awesome and unique and just sounded perfect live. They all sing harmony on all songs pretty much and they do it so well!! The bass player sang 3-4 songs and I absolutely love his voice as well. the drummer sang one song, and the girl keyboard player (sorry I don't know their names) sang 2-3 songs too, to the biggest reaction by the crowd. She also has a very unique voice and sounded perfect live!!

While on one end I love seeing bands that improvise and extend their songs, there's also something very appealing about a band who plays songs as they sound on the album sometimes. These guys are new and fairly unknown and it's nice to know they aren't all polished on cd and can really sing like that live!!

The highlight of the night for me was when they all four got up and went to a different instrument: drummer played guitar, guitar player played drums, keyboard went to bass and bass player went to keyboard. And then they said at practice they do this song, and one day while they were on tour recently, opening for Grace Potter, they were doing this song at practice and she said how incredible it sounded and they should play it that night! So they did, and said they've been playing it every night since...and then they started "I Shall Be Released"  and they absolutely killed it!! Crowd was going crazy! I think they should have saved it for last honestly because it was hard to get back into their songs after that. Either last of the set before encore, or last song of the night and leave people with that!

Overall, best $12 I've spent in a while!! Probably since seeing Phosphorescent for $12 :) or Father John Misty for $12!!! To me one of the biggest perks I've found since moving from the East Coast to Louisville: shows under $20! And great ones!!!

Oh and before they left they also announced that they have been added to Forecastle this summer!!  I know they are on some other festivals too and they are NOT TO BE MISSED!! Great show!!

walterfredo

Quote from: Shug on Apr 24, 2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks, eric and walter for the info on Stones tix.  It helped a lot.  I was able to snag two of the $85 tix for the Sat. Anaheim show.  For that show, the $85 button appeared about five minutes after the general onsale, so it seemed to work a little differently each show.

Are you guys reading about the songs being rehearsed in LA right now?  Don't want to spoil it if you want to be surprised, but if you are a fan of Mick Taylor era Stones you are going to be FUCKING STOKED!!!!

I haven't heard, spill it!! 

Shug

walterfredo

wow!  Can't wait until next wednesday.

Shug

walter, I look forward to your review of the Stones and I would appreciate and be very interested to hear how the $85 seats process went and what seats you ended up with.  I'm wondering, out of those 1000 seats per show they sold at that price, if most of them are nosebleeds or if they are actually a good percentage of good seats in there.  I won't be bummed if I'm way up at the top (well maybe a little bit) but I'm hoping to be maybe in the lower bowl even if its way in back.

parkervb

Band of Horses with Futurebirds tonight in Norfolk, VA.  Almost passed on the show until I read about Futurebirds playing. 
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Quote from: Shug on May 01, 2013, 11:14 AM
walter, I look forward to your review of the Stones and I would appreciate and be very interested to hear how the $85 seats process went and what seats you ended up with.  I'm wondering, out of those 1000 seats per show they sold at that price, if most of them are nosebleeds or if they are actually a good percentage of good seats in there.  I won't be bummed if I'm way up at the top (well maybe a little bit) but I'm hoping to be maybe in the lower bowl even if its way in back.

I've been reading a lot on a stones fan forum (called Shidoobee... hilarious!) lots of people talking about the $85 seats and the process. Here's the lowdown from what I have gathered...expect a very long line, well over an hour, to get your tix. Once you make it through the line you have to go right into the show. There is a special line just for the $85 tix. The word is that at the window they have stacks of unmarked envelopes each containing 2 tickets. It doesn't seem to matter if you get in line early or later, the ticket distribution is totally random with some fans getting handed amazing seats on the floor and lower levels while others have literally received the last row at the very top or even obstructed view seats. Apparently random folks have been pulled aside and given pit tix, but they seem to be few and far between.  One person claims that they received obstructed view tix and politely complained inside to guest services and were upgraded to great floor seats. Others tried the same and were told tough luck. I'll report back after tomorrow, but that's what I'm hearing...appears to be completely random and evenly distributed throughout the venue from totally amazing to totally shitty seats.

Shug

Thanks for the lowdown and have a great show!

zanjam

Quote from: parkervb on May 07, 2013, 01:42 PM
Band of Horses with Futurebirds tonight in Norfolk, VA.  Almost passed on the show until I read about Futurebirds playing.

How were Futurebirds?

Tomorrow (BottleRock) Delta Spirit, ALO, Black Crowes and Avett Brothers. Friday Alabama Shakes, The Shins, Flaming Lips and Black Keys.  75 and sunny in Napa.  Sunday Jim James at the Fillmore.  What a weekend!  Woot!!
anything + reverb always = better

Rizzos Girl

We've got JJ tomorrow, Black Angels on Friday in Boulder and Prince Sunday night. m/

Rizzos Girl

We've got JJ tomorrow, Black Angels on Friday in Boulder and Prince Sunday night. m/

zanjam

Quote from: Rizzos Girl on May 08, 2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for showing up Rizzo's Gal!! ;)
anything + reverb always = better

parkervb

Quote from: zanjam on May 08, 2013, 06:31 PM
Quote from: parkervb on May 07, 2013, 01:42 PM

How were Futurebirds?

Tomorrow (BottleRock) Delta Spirit, ALO, Black Crowes and Avett Brothers. Friday Alabama Shakes, The Shins, Flaming Lips and Black Keys.  75 and sunny in Napa.  Sunday Jim James at the Fillmore.  What a weekend!  Woot!!

they were pretty good, I give them a B.  I would really like to catch a full set of theirs.  They covered a Stevie Nicks song that they've been doing for awhile (Wild Heart) and it was pretty rad. 
Don't you ever turn it off

Rizzos Girl

Quote from: zanjam on May 08, 2013, 11:57 PM
Quote from: Rizzos Girl on May 08, 2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for showing up Rizzo's Gal!! ;)
I know I'm a lame ass forum member! I'm so excited you get to see JJ soon' Zanjam! The show last night was so so great! You have an awesome lineup of shows this week!!

bartel

The National
AmericanaRamA
Pearl Jam at wrigley