Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Aug 12, 2013, 08:45 PM
Quote from: Fully on Aug 12, 2013, 12:14 PM
I'm going to see Jason Isbell with Penny and Br00ke this Saturday at the Ryman!

The three of you, Isbell, and the Ryman? So jealous!!

Have a great time.  :beer:

Thanks, EricM! Let's just hope none of us get arrested. Br00ke and Penny can get a little wild.

Jeff Murray

8/18 - Black Prairie with Spirit Family Reunion - Abbey Bar
9/13 - Shovels & Rope - Union Transfer
9/20 - J Roddy Walston & The Business - Rams Head
10/11 - Pearl Jam - Pittsburgh
10/18 & 19 - Pearl Jam - Brooklyn
10/22 - Pearl Jam - Philly
10/27 - Pearl Jam - Baltimore
11/9 - The Head & The Heart - Union Transfer
11/23 & 24 - Pearl Jam - LA

Unless there are some good local shows or something can't miss in Bmore I am on a hiatus with ticket buying!!!   :cheesy:
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

johnnYYac

This is what the next three months look like in these here parts.  Most of these are a given, but a few I'm unsure about.  Anyone want to encourage or discourage me from some of these?  I'm not sure if GWAR will be awful or awfully fun...

8/15   Bob Mould Band @ Englert Theatre, Iowa City
9/6     Zappa Plays Zappa @ Englert Theatre, IC
9/9     A Grateful Dead Experience @ Gabe's, IC
9/13   Buddy Guy @ Univ. of Iowa Pentacrest, IC
9/14   John Prine @ Paramount Theatre, Cedar Rapids
9/21   Titus Andronicus @ Gabe's, IC
10/1   Dawes @ Englert Theatre, IC
10/4   GWAR w/Whitechapel, Iron Reagan, A Band of Orcs @ Blue Moose Tap House, IC
10/10 Beats Antique @ BMTH, IC
10/17 Lee Renaldo and The Dust @ Gabe's, IC
10/19 Aimee Mann @ Englert Theatre, IC
10/30 Loretta Lynn @ Paramount Theatre, CR
11/18 Built To Spill @ BMTH, IC
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

joey_rogo

I had fun when I saw GWAR

Shug

LD and I saw Vintage Trouble last night and they were just as good as when they opened for the Who in Feb.  Super high energy classic soul with lots of audience participation being called for by the singer who never stops moving or smiling.  A really positive message, too.  I like the slow songs best and at times it felt to me like as close as I'm ever gonna get to seeing live some of the masters of soul like Otis, Jackie Wilson, Percy Sledge, Wilson Pickett, etc.  These guys are a lot of fun and the packed crowd was really into it.  I was quite surprised by that on a Tues night in Phoenix, usually crowds in this town are kinda lame.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

jaye

Quote from: Shug on Aug 14, 2013, 01:40 PM
LD and I saw Vintage Trouble last night and they were just as good as when they opened for the Who in Feb.  Super high energy classic soul with lots of audience participation being called for by the singer who never stops moving or smiling.  A really positive message, too.  I like the slow songs best and at times it felt to me like as close as I'm ever gonna get to seeing live some of the masters of soul like Otis, Jackie Wilson, Percy Sledge, Wilson Pickett, etc.  These guys are a lot of fun and the packed crowd was really into it.  I was quite surprised by that on a Tues night in Phoenix, usually crowds in this town are kinda lame.

I just saw them last Tuesday and they were great!  Lagunitas Brewery has a mini amphitheater and they do free shows.  I think they booked VT long before they opened for the Who and the Stones because I think they're too big to play little shows.  We had seen them open for Alabama Shakes at BottleRock and they really got the crowd's attention.  The singer Ty has a great voice and amazing energy.

jaye

8/26 - Dumpstaphunk (hopefully)
9/13 - Jason Isbell
9/28 - Phosphorescent
10/14 - Overseas (Will Johnson, David Bazan etc)

Shug

Quote from: jaye on Aug 14, 2013, 02:02 PM
Quote from: Shug on Aug 14, 2013, 01:40 PM

I just saw them last Tuesday and they were great!  Lagunitas Brewery has a mini amphitheater and they do free shows.  I think they booked VT long before they opened for the Who and the Stones because I think they're too big to play little shows.  We had seen them open for Alabama Shakes at BottleRock and they really got the crowd's attention.  The singer Ty has a great voice and amazing energy.

Lagunitas beer and Vintage Trouble outdoors in Sonoma County, sounds like a great combo!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

APR

Sept 8 - Spiritualized - 9:30 Club
Sept 11 - Muse - Verizon Center
Sept 15 - Pinback - 9:30 Club
Sept 23-  Local Natives - Rams Head Baltimore
Sept 30- Atoms for Peace - Patriot Center
Oct 4 - Tame Impala/Flaming Lips - Merriweather
Oct 9 - Radical Face  6th and I Synagogue -or- Junip Rams Head Baltimore
Oct 22- Pearl Jam - Philly
Oct 27 - Pearl Jam - Baltimore
Oct 29 - Pearl Jam - Charlottesville
Nov 23 - Chris Cornell - Washington D.C.

ericm

9/26 - Steve Hackett - Lakewood,N.J.
10/4 - Steely Dan - NYC
10/5 - The Black Crowes - St. Augustine, Fl.
10/11 - Steve Hackett - Philly
10/12 - Steve Hackett - Philly
10/22 - Pearl Jam - Philly
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 14, 2013, 11:33 AM
This is what the next three months look like in these here parts.  Most of these are a given, but a few I'm unsure about.  Anyone want to encourage or discourage me from some of these?   I'm not sure if GWAR will be awful or awfully fun...

Definitely see Titus Andronicus they are amazing live.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Aug 17, 2013, 04:11 AM
This is what the next three months look like in these here parts.  Most of these are a given, but a few I'm unsure about.  Anyone want to encourage or discourage me from some of these?   I'm not sure if GWAR will be awful or awfully fun...

Definitely see Titus Andronicus they are amazing live.

I second this! Also, everyone should see GWAR once in their life!

parkervb

The Allman Brothers w/ Grace Potter - 9/4 at Farm Bureau Live (Va Beach)
Delta Spirit - 9/14 at Town Point Park (Norfolk and FREE!)
Don't you ever turn it off

dookie shoot bandit

Just got my tickets in the mail today for yeah yeah yeahs in September at Barclays in Brooklyn
:thumbsup:

ManNamedTruth

I got several coming up and I don't feel like listing them all. Next up is Pinback with Deathfix.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Murph

Should I buy Lee Fields tickets?  I'm so broke, but they're only $30, but I'm so fucking broke.  Can somebody convince me one way or the other??

Coming up I got Deervana, deer tick, houndmouth, j roddy, and im trying desperately to get my hands on Dr Dog tix

Mahgeetah34

Local Natives next week and Arctic Monkeys in October :thumbsup:

Tired Eyes

10/30 Loretta Lynn @ Paramount Theatre, CR

I love Loretta Lynn but I will suggest another show in IA that night.  The Drive-By Truckers are playing in Dubuque and some friends and I will be there.  This will be my first concert in the state of Iowa and I'm excited about it.
Hope to see you in Dubuque.   :thumbsup:

Tired Eyes

Quote from: Murph on Aug 29, 2013, 09:42 PM
Should I buy Lee Fields tickets?  I'm so broke, but they're only $30, but I'm so fucking broke.  Can somebody convince me one way or the other??

I saw Lee Fields in DC last December and thought he was awesome.  I recommend that you go.

LBSUNFLWR

I'm trying to cool it after a very active concert year.
Right now just these to finish off the year:

Sept 22: Widespread Panic in Cincinnati
Nov 2: Natalie Merchant with The Louisville Orchestra (wow)
Nov 6: The Black Crowes at The Louisville Palace